Reviews for An Eastern Fairytale: The Dragon Mandate
ccplays1 chapter 18 . 4/2
Just finished! Letting you know I was confused of the entire story until the end. I was wondering what was going on until it got explained. Awesome story. Please make a sequel detail Mugan's adventures in gensokyo?
nekokuro13 chapter 18 . 7/16/2012
Slightly shorter than the last two chapters... Now, let's see if you'll keep up with the good-chapters-streak.

Sigh... I feel for her. Choosing between a dreamland and the reality is really hard... eh? Hmm... Life goes on? Or one must dare to dream? Sigh...

Am enjoying your lively depiction of Renko and Maribel. It must be tough, wanting a world that you know exists, but the only hints to it are vague dreams and some tough leads.

And then... we have some of the biggest questions that had daunted mankind over centuries, no, millennia. IS EVERYTHING REAL? WHAT IS REAL? IS REALITY REAL?

The... dreamy feeling, of returning to a world that you have to choose over the real world... Sigh.

This story, especially the ending, touched me in a way that no other story ever has. Your story here, good sir, is underrated. It takes quite a lot to truly appreciate its beauty. Which, to me, is one-of-a-kind.

Reviewing spree? Meh... the present was just 5 reviews... the other 13 ones, was of my own choosing. It's an intriguing story. And the ending... they made it worth it.

Favorited. :)
nekokuro13 chapter 17 . 7/16/2012
Ah... Seeing how this chapter is as long as last one, I assume the developments are as fast. Let's see if you can impress me.

Oh, wow, Yukari's letter as asserting dominance... wow. That youkai's good. And that's pretty proud of them Lunarians to deem it unimportant just like that. A world is going to be destroyed.

This really got the "This is the end!" feeling! Woot!

'Laser surgery...' uh, attempt at humor there?

Youmu... Yuuka... wow.

Oh, you're a fan of Malice-pairing too? :P

Uh... wow, the ending, the emotions, the sorrow for lost dreams... Something not understood,and yet, that was the way it should have been...

Sniff.

One more chapter... This is a really densely packed chapter... The emotions... You... WHY ARE YOU SO THOUGHTFUL?

Good chapter. It's on par with chapter 16. Let's see what chapter 18 brings.
nekokuro13 chapter 16 . 7/14/2012
Whoa. A 9k-worder? Well done. Well, let's see if this is worth your effort., shall we? ;)

'...something embarassing...' Wow. Yuyuko as a mother-figure, eh? Not saying that I don't like this.

'"Enjoy yourselves!"' - Best explanation ever? Uh... you're scaring me, Yukari. Uh, lol'd at Tewi. Ah, Kaguya at peaceful terms with Mokou. '"...her dolls had to fly around with their feet in the air!"' - Pfff, told ya your sense of humor isn't bad. Where did all the unhappiness go, I wonder...

Uh... kappa-boy X Mugen?

And Mugen goes emo. O_o And Shikieiki became her nagging conscience. Ahaha, battle of logic is always better done with a clashing of steel, magic or firepower. No one ever proved me wrong on this before. XD

'"What can be more 'real' than a world whose fate lies completely in your hands? What can be more 'real' than a world that you can freely manipulate and shape with your powers, and that you are fated to judge?"' - WHOA. Can't say those questions didn't hurt. You have my respect, Eiki-sama. Ouch... magnificently executed.

And control over causality is... a scary power indeed.

And Yuuka party-crashed. Like a boss! And... the sky is falling! The sky is falling!

No, Aya, write: "The Big Bad Flower Youkai Saves The Day!" XD

Ouch, you used the 'drunk' card, eh?

Best chapter so far. Now, let's see where all this drama leads to.
nekokuro13 chapter 15 . 7/10/2012
Let's march to the end! To the end! To the end! To the end! Ehehen.

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream... Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream. Suwako: Nice boat! Uh...

'"...If I get enough people to believe what I write, will it eventually become the truth?"' - ha! Truth can be made from repetition of lie? :P

'"...Otherwise, your articles wouldn't be so ridiculous."' - ouch. reminds me when Marisa out-trolls Aya.

Cigarettes? Le gasp? We have a smoking Touhou girl here! Jk. Yeah, nice effect, I know. From the Outside eh? Is the Barrier shrinking?

And... a festival to celebrate your world's existence. Time to be grateful before The Big End, eh?

Can't find humor? Lol, you're being mean on yourself. And that high expectation... we know how it feels. Don't be too hard on yourself. We're all human here! :)
nekokuro13 chapter 14 . 7/8/2012
'"My Youmu, believing anything I say, and doing anything that I ask."' - lol Youmu, I have difficulty thinking who's the more loayal one between her and Sakuya.

And, Sanae's deep reflections was definitely interesting (to me at least). Your style of writing always carries the thoughtfulness that I find... um... suiting to your profile pict? :P

Kyuuri-Kaburi. Lol. It's a kappa regulation? XD

The heck? So Gensokyo may be her imagination? Uh wow.
nekokuro13 chapter 13 . 7/7/2012
Uh, reference to the 'love doll' part in the EoSD script? Ahaha, Flan wants to play. And she sounds perfectly sane and intelligent.

'"If you're not here to steal books, go away..."' Well, sarcasm works with everyone, except Marisa.

And Mugen wants a normal life. So... the big mystery of the story... how did the dragon become her?

Nothing flashy is happening here, but it does sound like a peace before the storm. Is something brewing up in the corners?

Yeah, real life is... yep, the obstacle every author faces. Cheers.
Nicolas Crossworth chapter 18 . 7/6/2012
I've been watching you, Maestro... Indeed you have come far, and indeed this ending did not disappoint... Like the Dragon itself I have observed your progress and saw that you stood steadfast and magnificent! Wonderful woven tale my friend, for shame that it is so malnourished in the review sect.

I have been silent, so now I break my silence! This story was a very delightful read and I may be reading it again given fate's whims or by the influence of the wind. This chapter just provided me with a good conclusion (this is just me, I don't know about the others, derp)

I congratulate you on this success my friend! Finishing a main project like this must have been tiring but it's all in a days work, da ze?
So, got any future plans for your new stories? If so then I'll be waiting for them!
nekokuro13 chapter 12 . 7/4/2012
'"You were supposed to make peace with them and then make yourselves at home. Don't you remember?"' - lol, genius, Tewi!

'"...Then suddenly the bottom half of your body was ahead of where it should be."' - That's Yuyuko alright. XD And yay! Youmu needs a hug!

Wow, mysterious cliffhanger there. Good job. And Mugen finally shows her character. Your story flows well enough to be read without tiring me.

And... yeah, patching up contradictions is hard, huh?

Will see the 13th soon!
nekokuro13 chapter 11 . 6/30/2012
Hmm... how can the essence of immortality itself be a weapon... but if we add Mugen, there must be something Eirin's thinking of right now! Gah!

Hmm, it must be hard to have days lasting for a month each. And... it made me really wonder how an army of moon rabbits could defeat Yukari's youkai invasion. Nah, it's probably not them. But at least Udonge is plenty strong. Well, at least enough to be a stage 5 along the ranks of Youmu and Sakuya. They should make her the next playable character for the shooting games.

Yay! The best sword of Gensokyo, against the best sword of the Moon! I never thought I'll live to see that! XD

Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi. *hums Tsuki ni wa murakomo, hana...* oh, sorry the name reminded me of that song. I can get random sometimes.

Still, I wish I could see Youmu vs Yorihime. :P
nekokuro13 chapter 10 . 6/26/2012
Uhm... aren't the Watatsuki sisters on familiar terms with Eirin and Kaguya? Or does the arguing over who gets the dragon turns allies into foe, although as far as I know, the Watatsuki sisters weren't ones to put Eirin and Kaguya in trouble if they had a choice, much less capture them?

Then we have lucky Tewi.

'...still twitching slightly in a fit of giggles.' XD

Oh, wow, Reimu surrendering after a few seconds? That's really...
nekokuro13 chapter 9 . 6/26/2012
And here I am going through yet another chapter.

'"As much as I am the ruler of your very Lunar Capital."' - good one Yukari. :D '...your peach trees might not produce any more delicious fruit!' - Genius! XD '"Just how many times have you been peeking?"' - Uhh... good point.

Hmm, the Lunarians and their nearly emotionless decision making. What's wrong with you all! Yay! Scheming Kaguya!

And now, we move on to the next step in the development... The pieces are moving across the field...
nekokuro13 chapter 8 . 6/25/2012
Ah, interesting. The Lunarians are coming down... Yukari better had an ingenious plan for this.

Wow, Keine cutting the journey short? Interesting. I nearly forgot the extent of that ability.

Ah, now THIS is getting interesting! Kaguya as the villain, eh? And I wonder what deal Yukari was thinking of striking with the Lunarians.

Good chapter. I think this is a turning point for your fiction.

Good job.

I hope it'll turn out for the best.
nekokuro13 chapter 7 . 6/25/2012
Ah, an annoyed Marisa, that's rare.

Aya's headline... ouch. Not so innocent, are you? '"Someone confiscate that pen."' - It's mightier than the swo-*shot*

Lulz. You even presented a theory for the lack of boys.

Dragon... judgement... Hmm... '...my own personality will determine the fate of Gensokyo?' - reminds me of a fanmade game that had Reimu stopped believeing in Gensokyo and having the world started to vanish.

Domination over immortality... Interesting.

'besides Mugen, of course. lol' - lol. Yep, she's your daughter alright. XD And thanks on that bit on Rinnosuke.
Dead Turtle chapter 17 . 6/19/2012
Bravo, well done!

I certainly don't expect this ending!