Reviews for Birthright
God-King Illyria chapter 19 . 7/16
So I played this game years and years ago and fell absolutely in love with it. As such as soon as I was finished I immediately came here to find fic, which was a terrible decision really because there was nothing. This section was as dry as Pyramid's desert. Low and behold a couple years later when I'm replaying the game and happen to come across Birthright.
Holy Hell I did not know what I was getting myself into. This fic is absolutely gorgeous and incredibly well put together. I am so so happy that you're writing this, at whatever pace, and I am so so so excited to see where it goes. I read through this entire thing and I already need to go back and reread it. Because this thing is a work of art. It really opens the world of Enslaved up and flushes it out. Particularly your idea of the prejudice that the enslaved would face. I never thought of it from that angle, I was firmly in Trip's camp that everyone would be happy to have their loved ones returned. But to have them desire the dream world over the real one is not only an interesting way to put conflict into a story, it's also absolutely what would happen. At least to some. I really can't put to words how excited I am to keep reading this.
All I ask is that at the end we get something with Monkey and Trip. Seriously man, the angst is killing me. Like my heart, it hurts. They love each other so much, romantically or otherwise (personal interpretation and all that), that all this miscommunication or non communication at all is just making me so frustrated. I just need a happy ending. Or, you know what it doesn't even need to be happy. Just let them be together. Don't make them walk away from each other. My heart couldn't take it.
I am so looking forward to your next update. Thank you so much for writing.
Fanastixx chapter 19 . 5/19
I just played this game and then found this incredible story and it really helped with dealing with that beautiful game being over, b/c this is so incredible and IC and I cannot gush enough, thank you
Kitchell chapter 19 . 5/11
Holy cow this story just gets better and better. You have no idea how happy I am that it's still going. This chapter was amazing and every update keeps me begging for more. You're an AMAZING writer. Keep it up! I'll continue to wait patiently!
Miss Ashlynn chapter 19 . 5/7
What an action packed chapter! Well done.
DutchWarlord12 chapter 19 . 5/4
Man, the group really cannot catch a break, and it feels like Jason is always 3 steps ahead of them, something planned and prepared to foil them wherever they go.

There were some nice, short, but very sweet moments between Monkey and Trip as well.

Amazing Chapter, can't wait (hopefully) for next months!
rusticangelic chapter 19 . 5/4
Oh my god I can scarcely speak at the sheer awesomeness in this chapter! Only slightly gutted that we didn't get to see Monkey kick the asses of several guards before they restrained him.
It was a fantastic read, once again I was hooked. Loved that for a sheer moment I thought that Dallas was going to side with Trip and Ben. She has way too much interest in Liberty for my liking, I wonder why.
You paced the piece well, I was able to follow the growing aggression in the city juxtaposed with Dallas' decision to turn on our heroes. And their need to run.
Oh my god Nash, no! Although I did suspect his demise would be eventual. Damn you Rachel.
As you can tell I clearly enjoyed this chapter, made me hungry to read the entire thing again.
rusticangelic chapter 18 . 4/19
Firstly, can I just say how glad I am that you picked this story back up again because it reminded me how much I loved this fiction that it prompted me to read the entire thing again. And I still loved every bit of it like I was reading it anew, there were things I picked up this time that I missed last time, so thank you so much for reminding me that your marvellous story exists. I for one know how life takes precedent over writing, it took me four years to complete mine, but there is nothing more satisfying than seeing the completed tag on it when you get to the end. This has to be the best Enslaved fanfic out there, so take your time and I'm sure your loyal readers will keep reading to the end.
Lohr chapter 18 . 4/15
I found this story yesterday, and couldn't stop reading :)

Not enough fighting for a video game adaptation, but feels like the perfect sequel!

Hope you will continue soon

And thanks for the very good story so far.
Miss Ashlynn chapter 18 . 4/13
What a surprise to see an update from you! Way to go! I think I need to go back and refresh my memory on who everybody is though. Trip and Monkey and Ben I remembered - the others not so much:/

Thanks for the update and great job!
KrisFormage chapter 1 . 4/12
I was evidently wrong with my last comment :)
DutchWarlord12 chapter 18 . 4/12
"Your boyfriend said something was different about it," Rachel Said
"Monkey said that?" Trip asked.

Freudian slip (at least the lack of denial)!

So glad to have you back. Your story was what drew me into the Fanfiction site in the first place. Well worth the wait.
voodoo-bullet chapter 18 . 4/12
you're back! wow i feel like i just found a unicorn prancing through the cotton candy woods. I've been waiting so long for the next chapter that i got an account and even started writing my own fanfic xD glad you're back you unicorn you :)
KrisFormage chapter 17 . 4/4
I wish I haven't seen this story, honestly. It opens too many roads and closes none. The writing is excellent, the story is extremely gripping (I read it all at one go!) and I cannot believe there's not going to be more of it (clearly!). It's EXTREMELY unsatisfying and frustrating - imagine reading a good book with the last two chapters missing... Obviously you have moved on from this and it will never be finished, which is a great shame. I can imagine the deteriorating relationship between Monkey and Trip would eventually be restored and the enslaved cured. I guess we'll never find out :(
I'm slightly upset that this has been left to rot for two years when it was so FREAKING AWESOME. I really hope that one day (soon) you'll come back to this. Because damn, if this isn't one of the most complex, in character fanfictions I've read in this already too small fandom. I plead with you, I beg of you. I IMPLORE YOU. Please. PLEASE come back and at least give us an ending.
kmb2010 chapter 17 . 10/2/2014
This is an amazing piece of work! Incredibly orchestrated and complex. I just really, really hope more is added to it soon! I'm dying to see how it ends!