Reviews for Eye of a Doe
siriusbarks chapter 1 . 9/20/2015
Dolly and Severus? Oh this is too much! XD
Joy Pond chapter 2 . 12/31/2013
Oh my gosh I am in love with this fic! You haven't updated in a long time tho, but I would love for you to continue it!
RitatheBeetle chapter 2 . 11/14/2011
Okay, you NEED to update this story! It is fantastic! Under most circumstances, I hate Umbridge to a point where it hurts, and I would never pair her with Severus in a million years. But you've managed to make Umbridge a likeable person, with a unique backstory. Not many people can do that with her, and let alone sucessfully make her Rodolphus's sister (which of course makes her Bellatrix's sister in law). I really hop you don't abandon this, because I am really looking forward to more, especially her interactions with Sev.

P.S. I just feel the need to state the painfully obvious. Fudge is a SLIME BALL! He seriously got Rita pregnant? Poor her!
Angelfirenze chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
I can't wait until - well, hopefully - something happens to open Snape's eyes about Harry soon. Charnette could do with being there, which would be even better.

I guess it really rankles when Snape (despite my love for him as a character) starts on his assumptions that Harry's just like James. I swear, there's so much evidence to the contrary and he just refuses to see it because he has a blind spot the size of a billboard. Alas.

I'm interested as all get out to see where this goes.
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Huh. Aside from the differences about Regulus, this was...surprisingly intriguing. Like when you discover something under something else and it leaves you thinking afterward.

I have to say, I'm a Snape noromo (mostly, though I dabble in Snape/Lupin), but I'm totally willing to see where this goes from here. It looks great so far.
No-Rhyme-Just-Reason chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Wow, this is a different, more positive view of Dolores Umbridge, for sure! When reading over the Harry Potter books some years ago, the way J.K. Rowling presented her, she was the character that I truly loved to hate, even more than Voldemort (if that's possible! *Laughs*). The fact that you've turned her into a more sympathy-drawing personality here, I think says something about your writing ability; although I'm not exactly sure where the canon details stop and the writers' license begins. It takes a special talent to "remake" a character; to give them new goals, motivations and alignments, and yet still have all the pieces - the major prior-established connections, interpersonal relationships and details, at least - "fit".

I think this first chapter might been improved by splitting up Umbridge's backstory recap to Snape into more than one paragraph. As it is, there's a lot of jumbled information in there that just doesn't quite flow as well as it could have.

Other than that I found your story to be basically well-written - maybe just the odd punctuation error here or there, nothing major. I do hope you plan to continue it.
Guest chapter 2 . 8/11/2011
Sorry i am the person who didn't finish their review. Sorry I was doing it on a iPod and messed up:D. I was trying to say that everyone knows what Ron looks like but they might not know what the Great Hall or hospital wing looks like so it probably a good idea to just describe it anyway, even if it's just for practice :D. It gives it a more 'published book' feel, (if you know what I mean:D. You did a pretty good job on describing anyway but just a small critic for you to make it even better:D

PS sorry for the messed up first review lol :D. Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 2 . 8/11/2011
Interesting plot line, I like it quite a bit. Try to describe the backgrounds and characters with a little more detail because it makes it feel like you are reading a real book (published). I know a lot of peo
QueenMinnie chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Wow, a very different side to Umbridge! Well done! Look forward to reading more!