Reviews for bait
snowstorm chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Hi, it's the first ever fan-fiction I've read and I'm happily surprised! I really liked the sound of the language, the way the sea was brought to the story, the way the book and (perhaps living) original persons and histories, stories were bound together. It's many years since i read the book so I cannot compare the language (and I read the book in Finnish) . The only thing remaining was what i remember Ahab and his friends looking like from far-east of something in the story - and that was a bit hard to get over first, too turn in my head they were just "normal" nantuckeys (however you call them?). But great storytelling with a little twist to add to his madness! More seastories?
Onlyindreams145 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
perfect!
whoshallJudgeAngels chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I love it! I always thought about what kind of a 'background' Ahab had. You handled the language well, too ;)
Obscure Bird chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Excellent work! I don't know where to start, really. I love its darkness, its grimness, but also it's down-to-earth bareness. I love the way it's shot through with bits of scripture, and the reference (I think?) to seal people?

I like how you don't need to exaggerate. There's no swooning over, "Oh, Love!" "Oh, the life of a whaler's wife!" I like how she's practical. Not heartless, but never overwraught. Never stupid. Even the Irish theme isn't overdone. Far, far too many times, "Irishness" in fanfiction is reduced to having red hair, green eyes, a bad brogue, and a fondness for liquor. I like how you handle it here.

There's reality all through. The whole story is very clear and plain and real, even with the supernatural bits. Incredible.

From start to finish, very, very, very well done. Bravo!