Reviews for The Coin
Brenden chapter 11 . 6/9
Qaint chapter 11 . 11/15/2015
Good to get the last bit also. Nice way to tie it all up. I will definitely look into your other work.
Qaint chapter 10 . 11/15/2015
Thanks for one hell of a ride. I'll reserve a favorite spot for this till the end of time. Great portrayal of the characters all around, especially Haruhi and Kyon.
I also liked how you used some of the writing style from the books with how characters talked. It worked really well.
You didn't pull your punches for the characters. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Qaint chapter 2 . 11/8/2015
It's really great. Just finished the last Haruhi book and came here. Interesting perspective. Love how you have Haruhi see her peers, especially Yuki.
Crimson Yrael chapter 4 . 10/16/2015
As much as I've enjoyed the story so far, the format you've used completely kills it for me. Even if you're using first person, dialogue needs quotation marks so that you know what's being spoken. Fantastic work otherwise, though.
vodkaCanidae chapter 11 . 8/26/2015
This is definitely my favourite Haruhi fic so far. Not only is your portrayal of Haruhi's POV, development and character beautifully done, the portrayal of all the other characters are spot on and believable. I was hooked from start to finish, and every chapter has never failed to impress me. This is truly a masterpiece and I thank you immensely for writing this. I love it so very much!
Gojira Destructicus chapter 11 . 7/25/2015
I found this story just wonderful! I think you handled Haruhi's realisation of her abilities really well, but I think what impressed me most was how it affected her relations with the rest of the Brigade. It's also good to see a story written from Haruhi's perspective as I'm always curious about others' interpretations of her. Thank you for an enjoyable story and a fascinating look at one of my favourite characters!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 11 . 7/21/2015
This was amazing.
Analyn Rockwand chapter 11 . 3/10/2015
I have no words to say, for I do not believe such words exist - Words capable of describing this story. This work of art.

Haruhi bless you!
Analyn Rockwand chapter 8 . 3/9/2015
If that's the way I made yhe world then the world isn't right.

Uh Oh... I'm gonna sing the doom song now!
Analyn Rockwand chapter 3 . 3/9/2015
Did... Did she just summon lightning to hit the annoying guy..? That's... Shit. Her godly powers manifest faster and faster, and that means the ones who target her will come.
hayatefan chapter 1 . 2/23/2015
That was pretty awesome! It felt like reading one of the novel translations, you captured that voice very well. And did well in fleshing out Haruhi's character.
flairina chapter 11 . 2/12/2015
I put off reading this for a long time, since I hadn't finished with Books 9-11, and I am simultaneously regretting that decision (because I put it off until after having sort of fallen away from the series, despite wanting to stay with it because it's sort of my favorite) and happy about it (because I think you've just reignited my passion for it).

I've never been particularly thrilled to read stories where Haruhi discovers her powers at the beginning. They always make me think "well, that sort of ruins EVERYTHING the brigade was trying to accomplish, now doesn't it?". Aside from Haruhi's growth as a person, which is rarely even left in, we've just reverted to the start of the series in a lot of these cases and thus none of it meant anything. But here, you've taken the exploration of that far beyond anything I've ever read or seen, and it's thrilling to read. It wasn't pointless, because everyone else still has their experiences, their lives, their desires, and THAT'S what drives Haruhi in this case. This makes it MUCH better handled here than any of the other fics I've seen that do anything even remotely similar.

The setup for the story was well executed, and led in to the main plot quite well. The middle, again, where I expect to see this sort of setup fall, was exceedingly well paced, with each brigade member seen too in turn, but mixed with other events that made it constantly engaging. The genuinely positive resolution was an excellent counterbalance to the heavy drama just prior, it works perfectly and had me smiling as I read it. As a side note, the references you put in fit perfectly with canon ones, and I appreciate the notes explaining what many of them actually referred too. Though I usually understand the science references for the most part, some of Kyon's rather ultra-Japanese metaphors are lost on me in the books, so those were very helpful.

I absolutely adore the way you write Haruhi- all the characters really, but Haruhi in particular. Her thoughts and actions ring so true with what I believe she would do; you really got deep inside her psyche for this and I cannot applaud you enough for that. The only time she stepped outside of this in my opinion was when she imprisoned the IDSE, but considering the stress of the moment I can still understand this choice and why it was made. Aside from that, which was remedied by the end anyways, I have absolutely no complaints about how ANY of what you plotted out went.

I feel the need to go on a little ore about your wonderful characterization- everyone feels like themselves, feels REAL, in a sort of indescribable way. In fact, several moments of this story, such as when older-Mikuru breaks down, and when glasses-Yuki is talking to Haruhi, resonated with me to the point that I actually was struck by full body "tingles" while reading it; something similar to the experience of frission, minus any music. That isn't exactly something I can say has commonly happened to me during ANYTHING I've ever read, and that alone speaks a lot about this story's quality, at least to me.

I could truly envision this as an ending to the series proper- in fact, if it ever comes, I'll probably be measuring it up to this, and may just find it lacking. Never has a Haruhi fic connected with me so much, and I've read a great many of them. I cannot praise this story enough- if you ever hope to become an author, I believe you'll go on to greatness. "Well done" just isn't adequate. I cannot think of what I could possibly say that would be.

Thank you.
The Defense Professor chapter 11 . 1/30/2015
Fuck, I wish you were in charge of writing the novels. This would have been a perfect last one to end it all. You wrote Haruhi perfectly, shit got deep at times, you dealt with the consequences realistically... there's nothing bad I can say about this fic. It's a shame it's not more popular, but if it's any help I bet it's because of the confusing narrator (which I got used to, but people might not).
polarpwnage chapter 9 . 11/2/2014
This is a masterpiece, why doesn't this have thousands of review and favs over those silly fic I see with top favs about some stupid romance shipping or some humor crap. This is serious stuff and I applaud you for your creation