Reviews for The Coin
a passing snail chapter 11 . 5/10
This is really wonderful, thank you for writing this! I always thought that for all the stories that revolve around Haruhi, it's such a shame we don't often get a good look at her inner world. You've brought her and everyone else to life in such a way, I almost wouldn't mind if Tanigawa never writes another word about them. Initially I expected this to turn tragic (and as a character she kind of is...or rather, could be), and at times that's how I thought it would end. But I'm so happy you gave Haruhi the chance to grow in this way. Also her unfiltered-by-Kyon's-POV sass is a lot of fun; seeing the flipside of their usual interaction rounds out their relationship rather nicely.
spaulding96 chapter 11 . 2/11
You made Haruhi proud.
This was a really interesting story and shed some unique insight into Haruhi. Having never read the novels, I'm not certain whether you were mimicking the writing style or not, but the way you had her thoughts and dialogue intertwined was intriguing. Well done!
Alex chapter 11 . 11/11/2017
This was very good - I feel like you've got their voices down well.
boothnat chapter 11 . 10/19/2017
Fantastic.

One of the best pieces of fanfiction I've ever read.
kinigget chapter 11 . 6/16/2017
...you know?

This might just be one of the best stories of any kind that I have ever read

I may not have gotten far beyond the Endless Eight, but this? This story?

This feels right, this feels to me like what Haruhi might actually do should she learn the truth of her nature

And what's more, it fits quite neatly into a rather large cluster of things that interest me deeply, not least of which is stories about people coming to terms with their nature as something "other"

There really is no limit to what she can do, even without her ability to manipulate reality as she sees fit
w0if chapter 10 . 5/3/2017
This girl has been altering her hairstyle every day, I dont get why she hasnt changed her appearance yet
Deadzepplin chapter 11 . 2/22/2017
interesting story but it ended up a bit lackluster
Brenden chapter 11 . 6/9/2016
Incredible.
Qaint chapter 11 . 11/15/2015
Good to get the last bit also. Nice way to tie it all up. I will definitely look into your other work.
Qaint chapter 10 . 11/15/2015
Thanks for one hell of a ride. I'll reserve a favorite spot for this till the end of time. Great portrayal of the characters all around, especially Haruhi and Kyon.
I also liked how you used some of the writing style from the books with how characters talked. It worked really well.
You didn't pull your punches for the characters. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Qaint chapter 2 . 11/8/2015
It's really great. Just finished the last Haruhi book and came here. Interesting perspective. Love how you have Haruhi see her peers, especially Yuki.
Crimson Yrael chapter 4 . 10/16/2015
As much as I've enjoyed the story so far, the format you've used completely kills it for me. Even if you're using first person, dialogue needs quotation marks so that you know what's being spoken. Fantastic work otherwise, though.
vodkaCanidae chapter 11 . 8/26/2015
This is definitely my favourite Haruhi fic so far. Not only is your portrayal of Haruhi's POV, development and character beautifully done, the portrayal of all the other characters are spot on and believable. I was hooked from start to finish, and every chapter has never failed to impress me. This is truly a masterpiece and I thank you immensely for writing this. I love it so very much!
Gojira Destructicus chapter 11 . 7/25/2015
I found this story just wonderful! I think you handled Haruhi's realisation of her abilities really well, but I think what impressed me most was how it affected her relations with the rest of the Brigade. It's also good to see a story written from Haruhi's perspective as I'm always curious about others' interpretations of her. Thank you for an enjoyable story and a fascinating look at one of my favourite characters!