Reviews for From The Outside Looking In
timetravelersbow-tie chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
I've always liked the way you write and I still do. I loved this little drabble even if I I did cry a little.
Mage-Yewoqirife chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
Wow, that was heartbreaking.
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
That was thoroughly heartbreaking. I'm not sure I really have that much to say, but I just wanted to let you know that you managed to make me very, very sad in a very pleasant sort of way, and that is an accomplishment in my eyes.

Very nice job.
paramore-addict-96 chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Beautiful story I actually cried at the end :(
JuniorWoofles chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Oh that was so argh brilliant. Nothing more and certainly nothing less.
Dancing Eyes chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Aw this is heartbreaking, I work at a restaurant too so I can totally see them coming in...of course I'd freak out because I'd know it was them...but I could just see them as a wonderful couple
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Oh dear!
AquaBlueTonksLove chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
This was so fantastic. I also know how Lizzie feels. My drama teacher and his wife have the most perfect (not quite perfect but it's close) relationship that I have ever witnessed and they just give me hope. It's the kind of love that you can't help but watch and admire. If anything ever happened to their relationship I would be as heart-broken as Lizzie. I love how you write things from an outsider's point of view!
Kerjen chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I am crying with her...

I do love these stories you do where someone in the "normal" world sees them and gives us that unique insight of a stranger looking in. Plus gaining hope for happy ever after.

But then River, having to come in alone...

And I instantly wonder: will the Doctor come in after the Singing Towers and the Library?
TomorrowNeverCame chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
This is so sad! Have you ever thought of writing a sequel? Maybe the older Doctor comes alone after taking River to Derillium?
RiverBoudica chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
fantastic idea... fly on the wall fic! fabulously written!
Jeffie chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
i really loved this.

lots.

its nice to have an outsiders view on them. i really do love river/11 fics. :) they are just so damn cute!
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Hello Hannah. I love the narrative style of the first half of this fic. the neutral observer device serves you well in the description of River and the Doctor and their many trips to this restaurant.

"Sometimes they dressed as if they'd been to a formal event and other times they looked like they'd just come out of a war zone- all tattered and covered in mud. Sometimes one would be dressed a certain way and the other would be the opposite."

These lines stood out to me. Your style is at once intimate and detached. You can feel the 'hope' that Liz puts into seeing them, regardless of how sparing their visits were. You can tell that there is a desperation/melancholy/resigned nature to Liz and that she lives vicariously through her observations of River and the Doctor.

You lost me a little with the dialogue at the end, but it does not deter from the impact of the preceeding narrative. Well done.
Swirling Dreams chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I know how Lizzie feels. My best friend, she has this boyfriend, (their one year anniversary was yesterday) she's a senior, he's a junior, (high school). 2 hours away from one another. Met at the same chorus camp that I met them both at and…they're the closest thing to a perfect relationship you'll find. It's incredible to watch, to watch these two people just love each other so much. And it makes you so jealous and so happy and so elated that there really is just that much love in the world and that maybe someday you'll be allowed to something so pure and wonderful. And if not…well, at least you got to know that true love is real.

That's what it feels like. (And coincidentally, all three of us love Doctor Who)
JoeBob1379 chapter 1 . 8/4/2011