Reviews for The Door of Souls
crelato chapter 19 . 10/6
Without a doubt in my mind easily one of the best stories I've ever read in my entire. Congrats on the fantastic work and I hope all is well with you.
Snowy Moon chapter 19 . 9/29/2013
I can't believe I missed this for so long. I really captivated with how depth your characterization is, your complicated yet intriguing plot, general darkness, and of course subtlety of the character's relationship. (And... Kain/Lightning, THAT ship...)

... And undergoing Schedule Slip. The only flaw I found is that a rare update. That is alll. It's like nearly 8 months since your last notification. We readers are dying for the update. I don't want this magnificent piece to die.
Taeniaea chapter 19 . 8/22/2013
cool story
denebtenoh chapter 13 . 2/9/2013
Awesome chapter!
And aaaaawwww! this chapter was so sweet too! with Lightning confessing and they got their deserved time together! Loooved it!
denebtenoh chapter 11 . 2/7/2013
Awesome chapter!
AAAhhh! Kains back! theyre together again!
Im really falling in love with your characters! the way you portray them is so awesome!
You know? Ive noticed you like to hurt Lightning too. Its a curious trait among Lightnings fans, you know? or at least among those who write about her: the best fanfics Ive read about Lightning show her bloodied and bathered, sometimes even on her knees. I just wonder why...
denebtenoh chapter 9 . 2/4/2013
Awesome chapter! Loved Kains story and battle!
Though theres something I lost: did Lightning really kissed him? or it was just his imagination?
denebtenoh chapter 7 . 2/2/2013
Awesome! aaaah! you truly made me suffer along with Lightning! youre a master!
But I miss Kaiiin!
denebtenoh chapter 6 . 2/1/2013
NOOOOOO! KAAIN! Oh man! you almost made me cry on this one! oh boy! I was sooooo happy to see Lightning controlling her power, and then BAM! hes DEAD! * whines a bit more* *snif snif*
That did hurt... *snif, snif* Kaaaaiiiinnnnn!
denebtenoh chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
wow! Awesome chapter! is it me or Kain is getting closer to Lightning? And alas! in Dissidia I kinda missed the Yuna we knew of on FFX! but you brought her BACK! thank you!
denebtenoh chapter 3 . 1/28/2013
OMG awesome chapter! Besides all the destruction Lightning created (so much power!) I adored the way Kain helps her, protects her from herself. Its the way Ive seen him doing during the game. For me, hes the perfect choice for her. Thanks for this chapter!
Terrisella chapter 19 . 1/24/2013
I'm sorry about the delay, and I'm sorry about the lack of detail this review will have. I just can't really put into words how much I enjoyed this. The angst ridden parts were good. They fit this beastly thing, but they're not overdone. You even manage to make me laugh when I should probably be crying my eyes out. A seasick Kain is what comes to mind. There is also that part where they're all drinking on the airship, and Vaan gives Laguna a booze proof ring. Also, Tifa's hair in a bun is mind-boggling.

When Kain sacrificed himself, I just couldn't stand it. I kept screaming in my head, "Why does everyone in your world do that!? ARGH!" And man, Lightning's transformation was chilling. Laguna's determination to shoot her was heartbreaking, and Yuna's feelings during the whole mess just made me want to crawl into a hole and die.

What I REALLY like is the fact that even though everybody is more or less on the same side, there is distrust. Hell, I hated Aerith for a little while. And, yet, I still knew she was doing what she thought was the right thing. I want Vaan to remember Reks, damn it.

There's so much more I could say about this, but I'm wiped. Thank you for the story. Thanks. A lot. I mean it. I could read this over and over and over again.
PS chapter 19 . 1/14/2013
Thank you for notice, I started to worry if something had happened to you. Take your time!

Good luck with your real life!
Nolaquen265 chapter 19 . 1/13/2013
Glad to hear you'll be able to keep at it; best of luck in all the things going on!
MidsummerMoonlight99 chapter 19 . 1/13/2013
You have my eternal and undying support in all your endeavors be they works of fanfiction or an original piece. I am ecstatic about the current and future projects you hinted at, it is truly a shame that such trivial things like work are getting in the way of you talent. But that's life and life is that annoying kid in high school hallways that likes to trip you up as you pass and finds it hilarious even if no one else does. Please believe in us readers, that we will wait as long as we have to for your brilliance, as much as we believe in you.
Terrisella chapter 2 . 1/11/2013
Again, you've managed to flesh out a character that I hadn't given much thought to before. This time, it's Zangan. I especially liked the bit where, when Tifa's piecing him together in her mind, she's smashing them all together. Perfect for a girl like her, really.

You make these characters feel so damn real! It's uncanny. It's all those mentions of past experiences that do it, I guess. Well, not just that. Those things are presented in such a way that I could follow it well even if I hadn't played the game a character came from. (I have. All of them.)

That Cloud manikin was cruel, though. Damn Dissidia.

Laguna's part was just great! His whole first paragraph perfectly encapsulated his character. His yearning for Esthari whiskey also reminded me, as if the curse words and violence before weren't enough, that these are adult soldiers. Adult. Soldiers. They drink. They curse. They save the world. That kind of thing. I'm rambling. Sorry about that.

Yuna's sadness is intense and heartbreaking, even when not in her point of view. This is so good.

Vaan's roasted rat thing is gross, and his casual dismissal of Tifa's disgust is cool. I mean, it's something you'd definitely see from someone with his background.

That moss is disturbing. That song is disturbing.

Light's thoughts about Laguna's screaming show how much she cares. Okay, obvious, but I liked it. She's not quite as cold as she'd like people to believe. When she didn't remember Hope's name, I was sad. Damn it.

I wonder if it's just Kain who thinks like that, or if it's everyone from his world. I can't be sure.

I'm going to try and comment as I go along. This the best I've read in... well, ever.