Reviews for a flame burning down
Snicket Toy chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Oh god, this was such a tragedy and so romantic, and so sad. Summing it up, it was perfect. Just the right amount of words and feelings and everything. Lovely.
bacta.junkie chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Two words.

Thank you.
sydneysages chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
This was beautiful, Maddley.

It was heartbreakingly tragic, of course, and I felt so moved as I read it. The non-linear format worked perfectly & I love how utterly depressing it was.

Your metaphors were amazing, especially the idea of him being on fire and it almost consuming him when she's gone, as well as...just everything. You wrote this amazing, maddley, and...yeah, it was perfect. xx
Harriettlovesbooks chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
very beautifully done.
justalittle l o o n y chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
This is so absolutely heartbreaking and sad and I'm crying again. Mad, you're making me cry with your writing, and I don't know what to do. It's so absolutely heartbreaking, and I just...
PotterVampireFan chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
so sad
random chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
the story is really good:)

It made me cry tho:(

Oh yeah, i'm chinese and a major xiyangyang fan soooo...

the other day I was searching up xiyangyang fanfics and i found that said maybe you should do a xiyangyang fanfic and i think you should!
Pyro-9-3 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I almost cried when I read it, really, but I loved how the story could make me cry in the first pLace; it means you're a good enough writer to make peaople feel something.

Keep it up.

Sincerely,

Lilly, Pyro-lover's sister.
iliads chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Mad, this is just absolutely amazing. You write emotions so, so well, you know that? It felt like I was there and experiencing everything Scorpius did, it was just... wow.

And this line: "Maybe she would be resurrected from the ashes" was just stunning. I think it's my favourite line in the entire piece actually. I love the idea of Scorpius half-hoping that she'd be reborn, yet he knows it'll never happen.

Ev would've loved this.
a walk on the w i l d side chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
That was beautiful Mad.

It was sad, and it was heartbreaking, but Evelyn would have loved it. I'm so sad I only got to talk to her once or twice, because now it's not possible. The regrets I'm sure we all have we're just going to have to live with, and we should remember her with love, just she deserves.

This is beautiful, and the writing is amazing.

I love it, darling.

Kat
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
WHYYY ARE YOU SO GOOD AT WRITING ANGST? First you write a sad MollyLysander where Lucy dies, and now it's a sad RoseScorpius and Rose dies, and I just don't even know. :P

No, but I really, I loved this, because it's beautiful and poignant and has some lovely lines. I love your Scorpius here, by the way; I really felt for him here. And you really just captured grief really well, I think...

Some of my favorite lines:

"He's stuck at the table, listening to her family discuss what to write on her gravestone, as if it's a trivial matter, like what shirt her father will wear for work the next day"

"Angrily, he threw his quill across the room. It landed in the fireplace and he watched it burn. Maybe she would be resurrected from the ashes."

"He hopes that somehow, the pieces of the letter will make their way to her."

Fantastic.

The one thing I didn't like was that I couldn't figure out why Rose died so young... other than that though, I loved this. Nice job!
pyr0technic chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
wow, this was emotional...and just really what it feels like when someone leaves you.
Paperback-Insomniac chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
this was really good, sorry for your friend. :(
symphonies of you chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Oh Mad, this was so beautifully written. It almost had me in tears.

Oh my gosh, you really ARE in a killing mood. You killed Luce, and now you killed my lovelylovelylovely ROSE? :O

I absolutely loved this. Not only because it was RoseScorpius, but because it was so chock-full of emotion.
animal0123 chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Very sweet story, you captured the emotions perfectly.

If I might ask, though, who is Evelyn?