Reviews for Fire
The Genesis Awards chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
I am extraordinarily pleased to inform you that your story, Fire, has been nominated for The Genesis Awards Best Alternate Universe Category 2012 Season. The Genesis Awards exists to reward the authors of FFVII fanfiction that show a certain standard of grammar and formatting, relevance to canon and characterization. Your story was nominated by the user An Honest Mistake at The Genesis Awards forums. The nominations will be open until December 31 and the nominated stories will be assessed from January 1-February 15th, 2013 by preliminary readers. Further details will be present on The Genesis Awards website at a later date.

If you have any questions or comments, please visit our Fan Fiction Net Profile or The Genesis Awards forum.

Congratulations,

Keveh Kins,

Recruitment Officer,

The Genesis Awards
GatewaysDiary chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
I don't care if this is cannon, or not. Or whether there is Gen/Seph or not. I freaking LOVED it. Symbolism is my favorite thing, pretty much ever in stories. And Genesis has always had such a strong connections to flames that when I saw the name I knew I had to read. The way you connected it though was truly inspired. I don't like Cloud much as a character so hearing his faults brought out of the dark by someone with such a amazingly poetic feel made my day!

I am so happy to have gotten to read it, so thanks for writing it! An epic story that was wickedly well written.

Much love.

Gateway
Nephilim Rising chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Sorry, Twig, for intrusion, but I guess some people don't know CANON, so here we go... :)

It's said that Cloud was outmatched when it came to the fight with Sephiroth.

Sorry everybody who thinks that Cloud was almost on par with him: he wasn't. Even worse for Cloud, Nomura said that Sephiroth didn't sweat during the entire fight and never exerted himself. In other words, he wasn't even trying hard.

FF7 UO.

So even producers themselves admit that Cloud wins only because in such stories like FF7 and a multitude of others a hero has to win by default, just because he is 'goooooooooooood' and not because he has any qualities to match to a villain.

I guess it does call for some justified bitterness, doesn't it? :)

But then even without those words, anyone with a brain had already made the same conclusion. Saying the opposite is about as dumb as saying that radiation sickness doesn't exist. ;)
Anon chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Oh be nice to Cloud. Just because he saved the world and defeated Sephiroth twice doesn't mean you have to be bitter about it. . . That's CANON, isn't it _ Have a nice day :)
Emriel chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
that was a nice read :3 i kinda liked the style... although the cloud/gen was kinda mild X3 *o*. good job
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
:) I guess you knew I would love it. And however minuscule amount of Sephiroth/Genesis, I am always satisfied.

Moving past Genesis and the symbolic image of flames, I agree with what you conveyed in this story. I once even talked about how unrealistic the fact that after Shin-Ra, the main government, collapsed, there were no visible order problems. After all, humanity never grew out of the stage when people obey the laws because they see their necessity; but rather out of fear to be punished. There had to be a realistic picture of how disorder and anarchy ensued, consuming the society, until a leader emerged with all complications. I think they let it slide waaaay to easily and harmlessly, but you sure didn't. :) Thank you for that. And you know, I always love the idea of Sephiroth and Genesis together reforming the world, into whatever it is, humanly comprehensible or not.

And redemption... yes, I am so with you on it. :) And on Cloud's fault. No wonder he torments himself for what happened in ACC because, well, his fault and his incompetence and stupidity. Just have to read between the lines ;)

As always, a delightful piece! A true relief for my mind. And I am surely running to read the next one. XD

Yours,