Reviews for That's Not Me
Nawfar the WaterLily chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
True! In fact these stupid movie makers have ALWAYS made Hades appear as the negative lead. Why can't they make a movie in which he is the good guy and Zeus and Poseidon are the bad ones? At least let them be the negative lead for once. Damn those movie makers to Tartarus.
Hades and Persephone is my one true pairing all the way!
Lemariz chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
This is good, but just so you know, the Percy Jackson movie completely altered the storyline from the Percy Jackson book series. In the books, Hades isn't a bad guy at all, albeit being a bit grumpy and moody. You probably won't like how the relationship between Hades and Persephone is depicted though, because there Hades has had mortal lovers and demigod children just like the other gods. Plus, he is shown to have been deeply in love with one of those mortals.
Pencillia chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Lol. I'm glad SOMEBODY made fun of these frickin' movies!
jervaulx chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Well said! I totally agree wity you. Hades being my favorite, I don't fancy him as the antagonist in every Greek myth-related movies I watch.
AradiaLoveless chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Oh I so agree with you. Hades is always the villain, and that just makes me mad because he didn't seem to be one to me...for all the reasons you pointed out. Great Job!
Ribke D'Crazy chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Ha! You think Hollywood cares about true historical or mythological facts? Dear, as long as there're stupid explosions, weird dudes saying "badass" stuff, some drunk ashole being exactly dat, and asshole and over all a big pair of white boobs (cuz in case ye haven'r noticed they're usually ALL white, even in movies where da male main character is black) then dat's enough for a hollywood movie (we're not counting Disney nor Percy Jackson here cuz Disney is... well Disney, and Percy Jackson is a book).

P.S. If it makes dear Hades feel better, he's always been mah favorite god from Greek mythology ever since I was little. I rly don't know why. And I still believe Pluto is a planet too!
Jocasta Silver chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
The day Hollywood is accurate with mythology is the day the world ends. There are lots of good books that stick to mythology.
Girl Of Games chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
You know the journeys of hercules has hades in a semi positive light, its the nonanimated searys . this is the particular episodes where hades kidnaps persephone
Nicely done chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
I was expecting to have 'Dead Like Me' referenced ... The whole "you're a villian or a joke" approach.

I do have a few issues with your notes though.

The Land of the Dead was not called Hades until he became linked to it. The two domains, what amounts to heaven and hell for Christianity, were sometimes referred to as Hades but that wasn't widely used because the two domains were considered to be totally different. Hades has become the way Christians (and those around them to pick up the slang) refer to Hell as because of the misconception that because his domain was under the ground, he must only deal with hell (given that heaven is in the heavens and all that jazz).

I'm not sure why you referenced the fact that Persephone was related to Hades (the underling's comment) as all of the major Greek Gods we know of are related to each other. In fact, there's probably some mythology that we assign to the major Greek Gods that actually belong to minor Greek Gods that we do not know the names for and have assigned to the major Greek Gods because we couldn't figure out who else to assign it to.

Also, Hades did have two other consorts. Persephone dealt with them by turning them into plants. The mythology is a bit sparse on the two, one is usually considered to have been beloved by Hades and tried to seduce him which Persephone dealt with and the other is said to have been a consort from the time before he married. Both were turned into plants by Persephone though so either she couldn't deal with the thought of the two or the mythology we know is mixed up and both incidents happened after she married Hades.
Artemis chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Your right about Hollywood wouldnt do that cause they only want money and twist it all up and look for a villian.I noticed that Hades was right about Clash of the Titans and when I saw it I acted the same way...and Dionysus is sweet for making Aradne a constellation. Sorry for the bad spelling
NitenGale chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
There are numerous legends concerning the birth of Aphrodite, the most common of which is that she was born from sea foam that was the sperm of Gaia's consort Ouranos when Kronos castrated him. As for Hades being completely happy with his lot, I'm not so sure; he kinda drew the short straw when the brothers cast lots for realms. But I do agree that the myths of old need more attention from Hollywood than what they've been getting.
justanotherdot chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
great job on pointing those out, I'm a fan of greek mythology and now that I think of it, it wasn't really fair to hades... death gods, even in other myths weren't bad as they are showcased. it was just their role to rule over the dead. Theyre giving them bad images that doesn't do the gods justice... even if it DOES arise interest in the mythology itself, it still isn't quite... right. It's sorta like libel or blasphemy.