Reviews for The Art of Introspection from a Selfish Man
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
A really excellent story, coupled with the one done from Watson's perspective. You have a good way of writing both characters so that they sound completely different in their thoughts. The pacing is great and the inner monologues for for the two characters are spot-on. (I love Sherlock's logical reasonings for being the way he is)

Following on from your note at the top, I definitely think you should continue. May I make a couple of suggestions though, for you to take or leave? Firstly, I think the term 'off his face' is modern slang and it just doesn't seem to fit with the style of the rest of the piece. Second, by all means pop a few clarifying notes at the end as you have done, but I'd leave out the * in the text. It's distracting and interrupts the sentence mid-flow.

I hope that hasn't come across as harsh criticism, I only believe in being honest when leaving a review.
lyra0the0white chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Love the way you portrayed Holmes' mind. Very believable.

I'm all up for the disappearance of Mary Morstan! please do it! D
Aachi chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
I really like this and the sequel from Watson's POV I think they're both pretty dead on in the ways they both might think. I just started reading the entire original Holmes collection (got a kindle version I read on my computer for 99 cents.) and Watson mentions that he'd been shot in the shoulder in 'A study in Scarlet' and in "The Sign of Four" he mentions he'd been shot in the leg with a Jezail bullet that causes him pain at every change of weather.

I actually really like that entire first chapter of 'The Sign of Four' because they talk about Holmes' cocaine addiction, why he does it, and the fact that Watson wrote of their first adventure together pretty much just to make Holmes happy only to have him criticize it for being 'too romanticized'.

But it's been a few months since you've wrote this one shot - so you've probably read 'The Sign of Four' yourself by now lol. But if you haven't I really recommend it :D
Feralious chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Great, thorough one shot! Though I'd also love for you to continue.
meadows and moonbeams chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
YES! I would love for this story to continue! It sounds like it has a lot of potentional and is well written. :)
The Thief King chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Amazing story. Seriously, I loved it. It is so well written, and such a great story. I've read oneshots that have been, quite frankly, simply horrible. But this one... well, I love it! I am an avid fan of anything Sherlock Holmes. The movie got me hooked, and I read the stories afterward as well. Admittedly not all of the stories, but many. I was in London recently as well, and I had the fortune of visiting the Sherlock Holmes Museum on Baker Street. But I waver from my point. Superb story. I love it. That said, I have a small... proposition for you, I suppose you could call it. Perhaps if you have time you could send me a message? I'd be ever so grateful if you did.

-The Thief King
Saskie chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
**Spoilers** So that was why Watson's wife died...Holmes, what the deuce did you do? XD

Saskie
Bra-Two chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Haha. Love the ending :P You should continue it, definitely! I would love to read about Holmes elaborate plots to break up Mary and Watson XD
supremegreendragon chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
I do love a good possessive!Holmes over Watson fanfic. This is a very interesting perspective on how Holmes thinks. There are times when he can be selfish or show selfishness, so this fic makes sense.

I actually know a few people who are quite a bit self-centered and will at times treat their most cherished friends like possessions. And if Holmes may have some romantic feelings for Watson to couple with his deep-seeded friendship, that will only add to the complications.

The idea that Holmes is only happy if he makes Watson happy (not if someone else makes Watson happy) is a great way to show a character being selfish. And of course, the fact that he cares about his own happiness more says a ton.

Thank you for the nice story. I enjoyed reading it. ;-)