Reviews for Not for Sale
ffdarkwolf77 chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Really well written. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the fluff wasn't too fluffy. Thanks for sharing :)
unusedaccount1177 chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This was a pretty wonderful story. Well written, lovely details, and just smile inducing moments. I loved it. Thanks for the great read. Keep writing.
RoxasIsReal13 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Gorgeous and so very sweet!
Atsu Tenshi chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
OMG this is so beautiful. I absolutely adore this so much I just want to rub my body all over this fic! Ok that sounds a little... oh nevermind! I am loving this! Thank you for writing such a wonderful fic.
wefw2r323r23e2e33e2e32e chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Love this fic a lot!
Romanticized Missile Fire chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
I just loved this whole thing. It was much deeper than other fics I've read so far in this category, and SO. DARN. FLUFFY. I adore fluff, so this was perfect. And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who saw underlying bromance in the movie... swear, if my family hadn't been in the room with me each time, I would ahve been giggling like a loon nearly the whole time they were together. X3 Great work, dear!
Sineala chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Count me in as another person who loves this story. Beautiful detail and very Sutcliff-esque, right down to which leg Marcus was injured in. (Yes, they switch sides in the movie.) It's just lyrical and wonderful and all around excellent.

Like your other reviewers, I also would be really happy if you would consider posting this to ninth_eagle on LJ (FYI, you've been recced there relatively recently) or to the AO3.
PrincessLeia1560 chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Ever since I saw the movie, I've had a penchant for these two, and this story was so good!
Lana Ves chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
*clapping* very, very good job! THANK you for not making it a butt-sex scene; that somehow doesnt work with this pair for me, so i appreciate the way you DID write it; thoroughly amusing, as well. for sure a good read
Nimohtar chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
I think anyone with even a bit of sense has to have seen the slash potential in that film. P Nice little fic, handles the friendship between the two well - Esca does always seem to be there to take care of Marcus.

Not too keen on the use of brackets in stories, but writers like different things. One small mistake I noticed - you mentioned it was his right leg that had been injured: although I've not read the book, where it might be different, in the film it was his left leg.

As someone who studied Classics, I think we need a lot more Roman-themed books/films out there!
EinonhenofCaerluen chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
I have loved the original Eagle of the Ninth book since childhood and by a strange coincidence have this very day watched (and very much liked) the film. Your story is wonderfully written; you catch the feeling and tone of Rosemary Sutcliff's words, while letting the images from the film settle around them. This felt exactly as Marcus and Esca's relationship was most likely to have grown, although in the books Marcus does have decendants, this does not prevent or exclude his lifelong fellowship with Esca. As Marcus says in the book "we shall do well enough, Esca and I" and of course, the last of Marcus' family that she writes about - Aquila, deserts the Eagles to remain in his bithplace, and joins the war band led by Ambrosius Prince of Britain - and his nephew Artos.
Carmarthen chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
This is really lovely, and feels solidly bookverse aside from a few of the physical descriptions-it's great to see some fic that's more book-based, and you have a great handle on Sutcliff's style.

If you use Livejournal, it would be great if you were willing to post this at ninth_eagle, the Eagle/Eagle of the Ninth community!
WinterStorrm chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Absolutely wonderful! (As always!)

You know what am going to say - - you should post this to ninth eagle on lj!

(Also, colacube and I are runnin gan eagle big bang soon!)

Mwah! xx