Reviews for Nothing's Gonna Change My World
Guest chapter 2 . 4/23/2013
I think you tied in the movie plot and the Glee characters pretty well. Thanks for sharing this!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
I love Across the Universe! Very interesting to read a Glee take on it )
jonimitchell chapter 2 . 12/2/2012
i might be okay but i'm not fine at all
ThereWillOnlyEverBeOneMe chapter 2 . 8/12/2012
Great story! Could you make a sequel where Rachel gets a job on Broadway and her a Finn get married? That would be really cool :)
VmarsSA chapter 2 . 8/1/2012
That was so beautifully written! I loved the way you tied the characters in so seamlessly with the movie!
Guest chapter 2 . 3/22/2012
Loved it!
hi chapter 2 . 1/30/2012
u copied across the universe
Hannah chapter 2 . 12/12/2011
O. ! I LOVED this! I laughted I cried, it was wonderful!(: I really loved it! Bravo!
laylita83 chapter 2 . 8/24/2011
Love love love the story...was really good!
LawaBookWorm chapter 2 . 8/18/2011
I seriously loved this! The format you used is one of my favourite! Loved how all the characters were incorporated, except... I couldn't help but be dissapointed that Kurt wasn't in it. :( and on that note... Blaine too. :p

but yeah, your story has now joined the-few-and-far-between-best-finchel-stories-in-the-archive-club. :D

xx
A Broken Shipper chapter 2 . 8/10/2011
Awww this story truly made me smile :D

btw what does AU mean?

just wondering but again amazing story!

-fave-
Unfortunate Fates chapter 2 . 8/9/2011
This was so, so good. I absolutely adored all of the Quick and Brittana peppered throughout, and the last bit cracked me up. "Elope?" hah. Anyways, just thought I'd drop a line telling you how much fun this was to read :)
atotalgleek chapter 2 . 8/9/2011
This was amazing. I'm gonna go and see the movie now :)
Joo chapter 2 . 8/5/2011
Okay, you know you're perfect when it comes to writing in segments, right? Right off the bat, I'm like: yay, segments! What's even better is that one is in Rachel's POV, then Finn's, then Rachel's and so on, so forth.

I really like that Rachel's with Jesse in this fic. I don't necessarily support their relationship, but right off the bat you foreshadow that they won't work out with the words, "because she believes him". It's true that yes, in the moment she believes him, but as a reader, I can tell that soon that'll all change. It's apparent there, and I command you for that. Without pushing it, you let us know that Jesse is going down with the war.

Ooh, and can I praise you for how adorable you've made Finn in the second stanza? The story with his dad breaks my heart in two, but right before he learns the truth about him, the determination Finn has to find his dad is so admirable. He's so in character, and yes, writing AU stories can be difficult because of that: keeping characters *in* character. But you managed to keep Finn in character throughout the entire fic (specifically this stanza, but...), and that takes skill. Awesome job with that (and many, many other things throughout your story too).

Flashing back to Jesse and Rachel's relationship, here we have him leaving for war, his final goodbye. I really love that instead of an "I love you", he tells her not to worry about him, which, yes, is something he *should* say, but it's not what she wants to hear, probably. Also, the fact that you wrote, 'he doesn't turn back around' is *so* Jesse and Rachel. He doesn't turn back around when she waves goodbye, and right there should be her sign. I'm not saying he should've ran up to her and twirled her around and peppered kisses everywhere on her until he left or anything, but his goodbye was a little bit cold, and that's because from the bat, like I said before, you can tell these two aren't going to work out.

Aaaaand by stanza five, I've called it! His letter has got no 'I love you', 'I miss you', etc., and now even Rachel's getting the hint, because just as your words say, there's no indicator to hint that he's anything special to her. (Very in character of you). My heart broke two times over by the end of that stanza. Poor Rachel. :( By this point, I just couldn't wait for her to meet Finn; someone who'll change her world. She needs to forget about Jesse and all of the unnecessary heartache, I think.

And oh. my. goodness. Now, I could sit here and analyze every single stanza until the end of this chapter, but I don't want to a) hurt your eyes, b) ramble and c) waste too much review space. Anyway: Puck and Rachel as siblings, yes! I *love* fics where they're cousins, siblings, etc. This is no different. I love from the bat that they've got this kind of love-hate relationship, and yes, while they annoy each other, they do care about one another. I love that Puck tags along on the bowling 'date' (because we all know he's the secret third wheel), and I love how Rachel grabbed both his and Finn's hands (and how Finn couldn't get over the way her hand fit into his). I like how in awe Rachel is of Finn already. Like she thinks, it's only been a few hours, but she can't help but be attracted to him simply because they've made a connection.

And favorite line in the entire first part of the fic: "How is it that one girl he barely knows can have affected him so much already?" It sums up so. much. It really does. Finn's known her for such a short amount of time, but because she's the way she is (and yes, kudos to you for keeping her so in character despite this being an AU fic), he can't help but fall in love with her right off the bat.

I like the progression you make throughout the story. Every word you write just... flows. It just works, and all of your language and use of characterization is just beautiful. This story flows swimmingly from start to end, and you can tell you truly took time to sit through and make sure it did so. From one stanza to the next, it's like you're taking the readers on a journey throughout a tough chunk of time, and through that time, you're straining the idea of real life — war, heartache, family, friendship, first loves, etc. — and it just works. Everything you write works for all of the right reasons. I'm not lying when I say this story is beautiful. Painfully so. Everything that happens is tragic, yes, but like I said: it's life. I love the position all of the other characters play — Quinn, Puck, Sam, Santana, Mercedes. I love how Rachel gets to know these people throughout all of the time she spends with them.

Most of all, I love Finn and Rachel's relationship, although you should know that. There's such a sense of realism in the entire thing. It's so, so beautiful, the way they come together. The fighting is necessary, and well... it's probably weird that I'm about to call it 'adorable', but it was adorable, because it only demonstrated the great care those two crazy kids've got for one another. They're fantastically in love, really. He left her, but now he's back, and all she wants to know is why. Why did he leave her? And they're beautiful. I'm glad they work things out in the end. The Christmas scene is my favorite, because Rachel (again, *so* in character) is so hopeful for things to work out to the best. When he asks her how many Christmases they'll have like that again, I can't help but smile. How cute are they? Bah, I'm just glad everything worked out in the end for 'em.

I'm gonna use this last stanza in my really annoyingly long review to compliment you on your writing, okay? I've read your fic for as long as I can remember. You were always good, but you always get better; more impressive. Your fics are beautiful, this one being no exception. I love the way you manage to tell a story in small stanzas. You did an awesome job switching POV each stanza, something I find completely hard to manage in fics like these. You're really wonderful, I hope you know that! This fic was nothing short of beautiful (as per your usual), and I can tell you really gave it your all while writing. You must've devoted endless hours to write something as beautiful as this. The story was really well-told, and I really like the idea of the two of them ending up together. It's beautiful, so beautiful.

I love you and your writing times infinity! You'll go far with it, I know it! is a butt and never lets me log in on certain computers, but 'tis me, promise! You're a wonderful author, forever and ever. I love the way you tell stories, jfc. Never stop, okay? Much love. xo
cieltatoyan chapter 2 . 8/1/2011
RACHEL THIS IS AMAZING OH MY GOD IT WAS PERFECT. FJDKSA;LFJDSAKL;FDSJAKFDSA JUST LET ME DIE!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »