Reviews for The Way It Will Be
Lastavica chapter 1 . 8/24/2016
Oh Man! I saw this pic and quickly went back and highlighted all the assessment scenes of that episode! UGH! So many feelings!

"He knew it would come down to Reid and Morgan in some epic, losing battle over who's mental state would cause him more sleepless nights."
That line is solid gold and so hurtful!

"And just like that, the thin boundary breaks and Reid is all tears, crying into his palms as if Hotch is not in the room."
Oh my heart. Poor Reid. Poor Hotch. I've been there. You wrote that so perfectly!

"And the thing is, Reid is always on his way out."
OOOH! Stab me in the heart!

It's amazing how powerfully liberating crying is.

"Of course, he waited."
Ugh! Morgan and Reid's big brother - little brother bond KILLS ME!

"He's always been a man above the rest, apart from them all..."
"He'll meet the pleading, burning expressions with a hard, set one."
It's one thing to hit something dead on, it's another thing to hit it dead on and WRITE it! 3

OOH! I LOOOVE HOTCH!

So painful! I'm so glad I can read this knowing they got through this and past this. Especially Hotch.

This was SOO good. Well done and thank you for writing!
autumnamberleaves chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Great job! I've always wanted to see more of that scene. The things Reid was saying...it would really set Hotch on guard, and not just that he'd leave the BAU but commit suicide. Hotch is a profiler and in that scene it didn't seem like he was all that affected.
Magil chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure of your Hotch interpretation. It always felt to me like he was drawing more towards the team, not away from them, so it felt au-ish to me, but here's the thing, for the moment I read your fic, your words made me believe it. Your writing was phenomenal. The mood was tangible. The tone clear and visual.

Awesome job.
LostinOblivion chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I expected this to be all about Reid, but I was surprised to find it was more about Hotch. I think you voiced his thoughts perfectly, and I can see him paying his own private penance by not allowing himself the luxury of grief or even the comfort of being with the team. He'll watch, he'll take care of them, but he won't be part of it, because he doesn't feel he deserves to be.

And, I loved, loved, this line, "And it feels like he's not there too because this situation, this weird, warped, fucked up mess, is not real. It can't be because Emily really isn't dead."

I never considered how surreal it all must feel to Hotch until reading this line. Beautifully written.
Coffee Kitten chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Aw, this was so beautiful and poignant. Very nicely done.
MelanieMM chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
HOw can you forget something this quietly amazing? I loved that scene in the show and wished there were more and hated that it was the shortest scene, but i accept it was no less impactful as presented. But this is what i imagined happened, so thank you:)

btw, i keep hoping to see your name attached to another story, so this gave me a thrill:)

I'm really interested to see how this all plays out next season, and its already been said Reid takes it the worse.
b-mystique chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Simply enjoyed this. Another job well done.:-)