Reviews for The Little Gambler
487carrie chapter 8 . 3/29/2014
I really enjoyed this. I hope you write a sequel!
Heather Mallard chapter 3 . 12/5/2012
So far I am enjoying this story very much. I quite like the idea of Ezra and JD being ten year olds. However one thing I am finding very annoying is the 'yaw' . Chris didn't speak like that he simply said, 'you' like the rest of us. If you want to tell us he is using a southern accent I would prefer it if you would just say Chris drawled, or something like that, but the word 'yaw' is distracting and to be honest for me anyway a tad annoying. Just my opinion. However I am still reading this and so it cant be all that bad! LOL

Another point I would like to make is sometimes a ten year Ezra is written far to maturaly and the language he uses far to adult, which can make it slightly unrealistic as well.

I have been around some very inteligent ten year olds (genious level actually) and although they have an excellent command of the English language they are still very much ten year olds, with ten year old experiences and thoughts.

I know he's meant to be posh...and of a higher class and perhaps even better educated than the average child. However Ezra moved around a lot with his mother, according to the show and was by his own admission educated by Maude, who taught him everything she knew..., and so I don't think he would've been quite this mature. He would've minded his manners yes; he would've been a slippery little cuss, yes (living wih Maude he coudlnt be anything else), He would've been cunning and a very good liar. I also think he would've been a charmer or at least tried to have been, but mature? In some ways perhaps but he would've also been a ten year old boy and somewhat insecure as well not having the influence of a man (a father regluar figure). So a complicated confusion of emotions going with this particular child..., difficult to write and certainly a challenge.

So I can well imagine how difficult it has been to write this combination and I applaud you for trying. Now, this is just my opinion and it certainly hasn't stopped me from reading your story so far anyway.

I would like to thank you for the fun and for the giving of your time to give me an evenings pleasure reading...thanks...Heather
Sierra Rose 22 chapter 8 . 10/9/2011
I thouroughly enjoyed this story. I didn't think I would like Ezra as a small child, but you wrote him perfectly! And the way he talks, is exactly the way the adult Ezra speaks. Loved the dialogue and good job on a great story!
kalico chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
hello, I just finished reading this wonderful story and am wondering you plan to add to it? I for one hope ya do but if not I really enjoyed it and thanks for sharing...

Kalico
Patz1989 chapter 8 . 9/10/2011
Awwwwww I loved this it was soooo well written and just 100% awesome!
kalico chapter 8 . 8/19/2011
I loved your new stories and hope you continue to write more...I missed reading your stories...thanks for sharing...GREAT STORY

kalico
V. L. Crawford chapter 8 . 8/4/2011
I want to tell you I really liked this story. I would have reviewed each chapter but the computer i normally read on won't open a review window anymore for some reason and I am now very far behind in reviewing my stories. I do love these stories you write. I had never read any of the M7 stories until this one but I also read your other one. I still hope you will one day do Sirius and Harry and that you will finish the one about Batman and his boys. I look forward to reading more of your stories, but I can't bring myself to read the Snape ones as i don't like him.
patbor chapter 8 . 8/2/2011
Good job! However, I think that the negotiations sounded a lot lke gambling to me. LOL
gaben chapter 3 . 7/27/2011
Aww, poor little fella.
gaben chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Yay a little britches story. I've missed them.
MidsummerNightGirl chapter 8 . 7/26/2011
An excellent story :) I'm looking forward to reading more (I'm also sorry to be annoying but will the Ties that Bind be updated soon?)

-Great work, I love your Magnificent Seven stories
Jake Crepeau chapter 8 . 7/26/2011
Nice ending. Sequel? (Please? ;D)
Jake Crepeau chapter 5 . 7/26/2011
Hi, JL. Glad to see another story from you. And Mag 7 to boot! I do have a tiny nit to pick: the word is "disdain," not "distain." But the meaning is stil clear, so I suppose it really doesn't matter. Sometimes I'm as picky about grammar as Ezra himself! ;D

I've always been a fan of the "Little Britches" stories - they're by someone over at a Mag 7 site - so of course I pounced on this one. I think the only ones I like better are the ATF/Little Britches tales.

I just love the way you handle JD. I'll be interested to find out just HOW he got out to Four Corners after his mother died. And Ezra is...well, Ezra, and that's as it should be. ;D
Ashleyder1 chapter 8 . 7/26/2011
This really was a wonderful story! I'd forgotten much of it. I would love to see more, though! I'm always greedy for M7.
Ashleyder1 chapter 4 . 7/26/2011
I loved Chris censoring the bit about Maude...because it was his mother and the order of gingerale w/a splash of whiskey was priceless!