Reviews for Teacher, Preacher
inactive since 5-21-17 chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
Ahh, this was interesting. I liked the idea and the way the story flowed, great job.
Seriyuu chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
brilliant story - the best one about team rocket and silver's life with them by far.

hope you'll write more for this fandom!
li'l fat necrosis chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
LOL i love these Silver childhood stories I still think people should make ones like these
Thundercat1 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
aww its over,

great story!

i supouse the ending was hgss when they were over the raido looking for Giovanni and Archer was there leader?
Kuruk chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I am utterly baffled as to why this piece doesn't have any reviews. I mean, it's incredible. I'm sorry if I get a bit incoherent while writing this review, but your writing has shocked me into a stupor.

Okay, first of all... I have to say that I love pieces that explore Team Rocket. Pokémon canon is a bit lax on developing its antagonists, and you have done this in spades. Every single character you wrote about here, whether it was Archer and the rest of the Executives or Giovanni and Silver, was so fleshed out that I began to feel sympathy for them. This wouldn't be such a big deal if you hadn't taken me to a point where I was absolutely disgusted by what they were doing - Proton killing and eating pokémon (an act that I found myself labeling as cannibalism even though it isn't), Archer killing innocent people or how he murdered the Marowak and Ariana just stood by and laughed. Their actions were all despicable. I literally found my mouth twisting in repulsion when I read about some of the things they did.

But then you brought it back. How Archer endures being, quite frankly, a piece of meat to serve Giovanni on his missions. How Ariana gave up on being a mother and constantly has to doll herself up for Giovanni's pleasure. Honestly, despite everything the characters did to make them seem like inhuman monsters, their undying devotion to their leader is what makes them anything but the flat antagonists they would be otherwise. And even when the reader wants to dislike Giovanni for putting them in danger for his own selfish goals, you hit us again with how Giovanni worries about them and is happy that the scientist who hurt Archer is dead. I can't even begin to fathom how you made every single one of these characters redeemable and sympathetic. It speaks of incredible talent.

I've read a lot of pieces that deal with Silver's childhood in Team Rocket. Most of them just touch upon how Giovanni was so busy that he was basically neglected, and while you touched upon that, you also gave what, in my opinion, is the best explanation for his gradual disillusionment with his father. When you showed how Silver was practically raised by Archer and doted upon, if sparingly, by Ariana, Petrel and Proton, you created a connection that most people aren't willing to explore. Of course Silver would start to hate his father, who he never sees, for giving orders to his subordinates, who he sees everyday, that gets them hurt on a regular basis. Silver's transformation from the heir of Team Rocket to one of the boy who hates and wants to destroy them that we see in G/S/C and HG/SS can find its perfect explanation in what you've written. His idealistic view on how his tenure as Boss will be different was also heartbreaking.

On another note, there were some nuances in the text that made me doubt Silver's parentage. I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but Archer's close, if not sexual, relationship with Ariana, as well as how he joined Team Rocket at approximately the same time that Silver was born, and how Archer refers to him consistently as his "one true leader..." Well, I began to suspect that perhaps Archer was his biological father...

Your ending was just flawless, and haunting. The fact that it goes full-circle - Archer becoming the leader and learning what Silver had years before. The last two lines were just... gah, perfect. Absolutely perfect. I literally got goosebumps.

Okay so... this has to be one of, if not the, best Team Rocket piece I have ever read. It truly is a masterpiece. I would favorite this a thousand times over if I could. Your writing is so rational and well thought-out that it might as well be canon, so I think I'll begin to regard it as such.

Sorry for the long-winded, rant-like review. I simply couldn't contain myself. Thank you for writing this. It was truly an excellent piece. I can only hope that it gets more recognition, because it truly deserves it.

-Kuruk