Reviews for The Fourth Champion
maiqsmail chapter 10 . 4/5
(Ch9 continued review)
Plus, ch9 had a promising A/N about something scandalous happening that might be a turn off for readers. I expected, what, smut? Minor character death? Off screen sexual abuse? Dream vision with Voldi torturing someone? Nope.
We got heart-to-heart talk with drunken Snape and a prank on Slytherin. I'm not even sure which one of those was supposed to be "scandalous".
maiqsmail chapter 9 . 4/5
I'm dropping this.

It's not a bad story, but it's not a good story either. It's fine, but just fine and that's it.
Not interesting, engaging, original, shocking or salacious. Or any other epithet.
In fact, I don't understand the purpose, the selling point of this story at all. Isn't it basically a canon rehash but with changing Harry's upbringing from Dursleys to Sirius Black? Plus bumping up his introduction to Hoggywarts to Year 4?

Other stories have romance, or angst, or time travel, or slice-of-life from unusual POV or humour/bashing, or broader use of magicks, or OC like female!Harry and WBWL.

This one is just a vanilla slice-of-life with canon-like POV and storyline. Pass.
maiqsmail chapter 8 . 4/5
Pure blood Daphne has given pair of jeans to half-blood Tracey? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
maiqsmail chapter 1 . 4/5
1) If the child was taken away, why he was still known as Boy who lived to the public? Why not simulate his death? He already got new identity anyway. Why not "Boy who died exploding into He who must not be named face killing him in the process"?
2) About new identity Vs old. How does Goblet get Harry if the child is known to everyone by the name, and for much longer than he was alive? Can you confirm that Goblet indeed picked him out?
3) James Black, really? Bachelor Sirius Black flees the country after his closest friends die and then he re-emerges with his new "son"? This is extremely sloppy, if they allegedly tried to keep Harry under wraps, why so insultingly low effort then?

Underwhelming start, but let's see how it goes from here.
Jhn1 chapter 10 . 3/21
Oops
Mark goes to school with James Black, and opens a letter with "Harry"?
SamonIllmantrim chapter 21 . 10/27/2023
This was a really cool story. I hope someday we get to see where you would take it from here.
odonnellzoo99 chapter 21 . 10/16/2023
Such a good story. I think I liked it more this time than the first time I read it.
Too bad your muse never gave you an idea for the sequel.
Pillager61 chapter 21 . 10/15/2023
So many stories written this long ago were made by children, it's great to read a story with adult 'things' from an adult.
Love, great friends and sacrifice are adult things.
Well... Off to the next adventure!
Pillager61 chapter 10 . 10/14/2023
I can already tell something certain about this Fic. It'll be too short.
Excellent writer! Wonderful story!
HeartsGlow chapter 13 . 8/1/2023
every chapter I try to guess who Harry will end up with. It'd be great if it was Susan, but I can't help but feel you are throwing another red herring out. LOL
HeartsGlow chapter 6 . 7/29/2023
Luna has always been my fav character. she's funny without meaning to be too. That was hilarious.
HeartsGlow chapter 3 . 7/29/2023
Hmmm... Susan, Hermione, Luna, Gabrielle, Ginny, Tracy, all the 4th year Ravenclaws, etc, etc. Well, you said "she" would be in this chapter, didn't you. LOL! Too bad the adults aren't considering the fact that Peter might have been there and seen that Harry was alive on that Halloween night. In canon he was there in his rat form and took Voldie's wand. I'm greatly enjoying the story, so I hope you don't mind the "nit-picking". Here goes. So, FYI, Hogwarts is a ten-month school, they have two months off, not three. If Harry goes to school for three months and then has two weeks off, the time off will land at the end of November. The Tri-Wiz names were drawn on Halloween, so Harry was on vacation a month early? It seems no one else noticed so I'll pretend to overlook those details even though I've now pointed them out to you. Can't even begin to guess who Harry will date here, hoping for Luna, Susan or Hermione.
HeartsGlow chapter 2 . 7/29/2023
Wait now. In chapter One, Albus told Sirius that it was due to Snape that the Potters were (supposedly) protected, and Sirius said, "Then I owe him (Snape) more than I can ever repay". NOW he is calling Snape a murderer? Do you not know what you write in your own story? Also, Albus said rules state Harry cannot ask for help from Teachers or judges. Then says Sirius can't help him? Sirius is neither judge nor teacher, Anyway, OTHER than that, it's a very interesting story. I like the changes as to what would happen at Hogwarts without Harry being there and in the middle of everything. Also, most authors write a "Ginny dies in the chamber without Harry to save her". This is a refreshing change
Just William chapter 10 . 7/12/2023
A typo, "I swear I know you're name", should be "I swear I know you'r name".
Just William chapter 7 . 7/11/2023
Typo's, "skrewt was no inspecting", should be "skrewt was now inspecting", "I'm meting my godfather", should be "I'm meeting my godfather", AND "I think you know severus", should be "I think you know Severus".
1,331 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »