Reviews for The Fourth Champion
christjp05 chapter 21 . 12/4/2020
Interesting take. I like the fact if more friendships and that while Harry may act like a player, is isn’t really a man whore. Keep up the good work
Literary Consumer chapter 21 . 11/14/2020
Really really enjoyed this. Is there a sequel?
blazinglizard09 chapter 21 . 9/25/2020
I know it's been way too long, but I would have loved a sequel. I've reread this story many times and I'd love to see what they get up to now
tomascatts chapter 6 . 9/2/2020
You really don't understand tenses very well
Jemma Blackwell chapter 18 . 8/26/2020
It was absolutely absurd for those four men to have a meeting and not discuss the death eater caught at the Yule Ball! Talk about ignoring the elephant in the room!
DawnScarlet19610 chapter 1 . 8/19/2020
I gotta be honest, Dumbledore's conversation with Sirius was in no way believable. Especially the random and unlikely mention of Snape, and Sirius' comment about owing him. That would never have happened. In fact, the entire conversation was so OOC for Sirius. He would have been way too consumed by his grief and rage to talk so seriously with Dumbledore. More than likely Dumbledore would have had to give Sirius time to get his bearings before making any plans. Plus, what about bringing Harry to a healer? He's covered in blood, has a wicked new scar on his forehead, and had just been attacked by Voldemort. Harry was with Hagrid for almost 24 hours before dropped at the Dursleys in canon, and though it isn't mentioned, he was probably looked over by a healer at some point.

I find it hard to believe that Dumbledore wouldn't ask Sirius about the secret keeper before accusing him of anything. Dumbledore was never the type to just accuse before asking for an explanation, and seeing Sirius so distressed would have encouraged that approach from the start. Sirius also would probably have been very upset and blaming himself for coming up with the idea to change the secret keeper to Peter in the first place, which you don't include. His guilt, rage and grief would have been fuelling him. Harry wasn't enough in canon to stop Sirius from pursuing vengeance. Dumbledore would have needed to take greater measure to snap Sirius out of his rage and think rationally about Harry.

I know you wrote this years ago, so I can't fault you for making up Salem Institute rather than using Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Next, I was annoyed with the mention of Harry's moniker of "The Boy Who Lived" that Dumbledore briefly thinks about. Dumbledore wasn't the one who gave Harry that title. The magical community did. And since everyone believes that Harry died, there should be no mention of "The Boy Who Lived" at all in this story, unless it becomes a moniker he's given after everyone finds out Harry's actually still alive. Until then, you should not even mention that nickname, since it would never exist with everyone believing Harry didn't live.

Another thing, why is it mentioned that Harry's the top of his class in seventh year when he's not even old enough to be a seventh year? Unless magic school starts earlier in America, which you don't mention, then Harry should be in his fourth year.

Lastly, why would Sirius and Remus not choose to home school Harry instead of sending him for a general magical education? Considering he's in hiding in case Voldemort returns one day, shouldn't they be focusing his education mostly on defensive magic using curses, hexes, charms, transfiguration, etc? And healing, potions, flying, warding, runes, animagus transformation, etc? I get wanting to let Harry just be a kid, but the truth is he's not a regular kid. He's a huge target of a crazy psychopathic murderer/terrorist who will one day try to kill him. He can still have a happy childhood while undergoing some serious magical training. Sending him to school under a false name just means he can make friends but never get too close because nobody can know the truth about him, which means he'll suffer emotionally from being teased yet denied a normal life. I was expecting Harry to be learning from Remus and Sirius, not having gone to some other school. He could have just gone to Hogwarts under a false name if that was the case. Plenty of ways to disguise himself too if needed. What's the point of Salem Institute at all?
SunPho3n1x chapter 21 . 7/11/2020
This was a nice story. Thank you for writing this.
SolusIpse42 chapter 3 . 7/3/2020
Amazing fake out by introducing ALL the girls. loved it
stevem1 chapter 21 . 6/13/2020
This is a good story. I liked how Harry had a somewhat normal childhood, one free of abuse or neglect.

14-15 year olds finding their one true forever love has always been a bit creepy in some of these fanfics. This one handles it more normally, with Harry stumbling from one disastrous teen relationship to another without it getting x-rated.

I liked how Harry dealt with the 1st Task, and the champions dealing with the 3rd Task together. It was very cool.

Recommended.
Sleepyhawk502 chapter 21 . 6/13/2020
Great story! Thanks for sharing!
Caliban03 chapter 21 . 4/21/2020
I loved this version of TWT
I hope a sequel as well if possible
Anyway, thank you for your story :)
JadeViper chapter 1 . 4/11/2020
I feel like there is a bunch of unjustified hate for this fic. I found it pretty damn good and I like almost all of your writing. I really hope for a sequel. I thunk there is a lot of potential for a sequel and I hope in the future for one.
debdeb46 chapter 21 . 4/1/2020
Have you started on the sequel to this story by any chance? Because I can't wait to read it.

Thank you for all you have written.
Debbie
TheSerpent77 chapter 7 . 3/24/2020
Snape's a greasy haired git and he deserved the terrible death that he got from Nagini. That bastard got what he deserved in the end.
mumphie chapter 21 . 3/22/2020
My reread tells me again that this is a wonderful story! Wish there was a sequel!
1,331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »