Reviews for Conflict and Rest
Jessica314 chapter 3 . 3/17
More about music, love it :) I think you're so right that music was always Edward's refuge and solace.. not only because it helps drown out the mental cacophony but also because there's nothing *monstrous* about it. Besides his unnatural perfection and memory in piano-playing, there's nothing about that moment that reminds him of *what* he is. If it's a bad day, he can lose himself completely in it... and if it's a good day he can express himself through it. (well, I'm sure he's written plenty of angsty pieces, too, but I like to think he's written a lot of happy ones as well! If not about himself, then about his loved ones or nature)

Loved the twist at the end... Bella is his refuge by default (being his true love) but her silent mind was definitely an unexpected bonus!
Jessica314 chapter 2 . 3/17
okay, You've got me curious... what piece was it? :)

This was a neat idea. I think music must be so central to Edward's character (I WISH there had been more about it in MS) and even in us humans music is a very powerful stimulant to memory. I can imagine a certain piece of music moving Edward to very powerful emotions, especially when it resurrects human memories that were previously buried.
Jessica314 chapter 1 . 3/17
Came to check out your stuff as well... I don't normally go for poetry but... Edward! how can I resist LOL!

"Torn" is definitely a good subject for him! my poor Edward *sigh*

You raise a very interesting point that I've never thought about before... how Edward had pretty much gotten used to dealing with the secondhand thirst from Carlisle (it's debatable whether Carlisle's thirst is any "milder" than any other vampires, but I imagine he doesn't dwell on it much, which must be helpful to Edward's poor telepathic brain) but then ESME... yikes! Secondhand newborn thirst must have been a shock. Edward's so amazing when you think about it, how he lives with a lot of vampires, all sending him their thirst day in and day out.
kiwihipp chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
Aww! That is lovely tribute to Bella!
kiwihipp chapter 2 . 1/16/2013
Ah! A good way to write about what happened.
kiwihipp chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Well said. All the conflict out in the open!
carrie.grace.lawrence chapter 1 . 7/26/2011