Reviews for Return of the Informer
Goldleaf83 chapter 5 . 8/12/2011
This is FUNNY! I chuckled at Newkirk’s line when Wagner shows back up, but simply howled at the two serial number references (sheer genius to build an explanation for that in) and your take on the issue of Hogan’s hometown. But there’s also some sweet sadness in this: poor Wagner losing the one job he really likes, with his little fantasy of after-the-war life, and his willing self-sacrifice at the end. Good point on why getting him back to England this time would be different. Looking forward to the Stalag 5 escapade!
Jennaya chapter 4 . 8/10/2011
This has to be my favorite chapter. Love the way you incorporated Hochstetter and Teppel into the story.
Six of Twelve chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
They'll be seeing Wagner again soon, I'm sure.
dust on the wind chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
And poor Wagner lands in it yet again, through no fault of his own.

You're making a really good piece of work out of this, the integration of episode and original material is seamless, and the character of the world's unluckiest defector is consistent and engaging.

Next?

dust...
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
Awh, poor Wagner. That lovely little dream of working at RCA and building a home for two, three, four or more with Lila will have to wait. (Love that by the way.) Another great explanation piece, especially for the serial number discrepancy. I also like his desire not to put the Stalag 13 operation in any more danger, though I suspect his reasons aren't purely noble (perhaps his decision is partly because of a desire to be closer to his sweetheart.)

I'd also like to commend the care you've put into these stories. Each one arguably is strong enough to stand on its own, yet all firmly interconnected. They make for great reading.
80sarcades chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
Polished; nice integration with regular episode! Nicely done. Poor Wagner...I bet even the U.S. Gov't wouldn't offer him life insurance!
Bits And Pieces chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
Poor Wagner; just when he'd finally gotten a chance to work at his dream job, he ends up back in Germany! Loved how you explained the serial number that Captain Mitchell used, and the extra dialogue between him and Hogan in the cooler was perfect. Wonder how he'll fare in Stalag 5? Something tells me he won't be there long. :-)
ColHogan chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
Captain Mitchell was a very short appearance for Noam Pitlik, and I always thought it was weird that the Captain gave Klink Hogan's serial number and nobody caught it. So Wagner thinks he'll just sit out the war in a POW camp? Fat chance. I suspect he'll be back.
buggleston chapter 5 . 8/10/2011
Great chapter~forgot about ~this time ended up as a real POW~but as Hogan and crew feel that this will not be the last of again for a very well done fun read .Can't wait to see what Wagner is up to next*~~~~*
Snooky chapter 4 . 8/9/2011
You took a very complicated plot and made it your own! And it was so nice to see Hochstetter make an appearance. I loved the first person narrative in this chapter. It seemed to give Cohen more authority. And it was nice to see Teppel return as a confidant to Cohen. Interesting how Cohen says he has more contact with Teppel, but that makes sense.

This line "was an unfortunate reality that the two intelligence agencies, although allies, tended to communicate very poorly, mirroring the attitudes of the British and American military commands." reminds me of two other spies who seem to have difficulty with communication between departments LOL.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
I loved how you picked up Cohen from “The Unsung Hero” as the narrator for this chapter: you’ve dovetailed the two series you’ve written just perfectly here. Nice allusion to “A Bad Day in Berlin” with Teppel: the connection between the two makes perfect sense as you’ve written it. And silly me: I hadn’t picked up the joke in Wagner’s name until their conversation! (Wou’re doing really good name jokes!) Of course, having Cohen as narrator meant we didn’t see Hogan’s expression when Wagner shows up again, but I can imagine it and smile, as Cohen says he did! And a nice wrap up at the end – at least Cohen had an easier time with this one than some of the schemes Hogan stuck him with in “Unsung Hero.” Another terrific addition to this series!
Jinzle chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
Poor Wagner just can't catch a break.
Bits And Pieces chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
I enjoyed seeing an appearance by the "Unsung Hero", and I love how smoothly you're able to integrate everyone into the story, and have it make so much sense. Wagner's appearances continue to fit so well, and it's amazing to watch how you're developing his character. I'm really enjoying this! Can't wait to see what happens to him next!
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
The first person perspective you chose for this one was a refreshing change. Your voice for Hochstetter was bang on, and had me laughing, particularly here: "What, you thought I was just an incompetent idiot?" I've often thought he would be the hardest character to write in first person for, especially if you take him at face value, but you've proven once again why you won that Papa Bear Award.

Another well rounded chapter explaining inconsistencies. I wonder how Wagner's going to manage the next time around.
Bits And Pieces chapter 3 . 8/8/2011
Poor Wagner; once again he got chosen for a little undercover work. But this time, at least there was a fringe benefit - by the name of Lila. :-) I loved the little romance between Lutz and Lila, very well done. And the invention Dr. Braun was working on... ROTFL! Glad Wagner made it back, but somehow I don't think he'll be sitting at a desk long.
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »