Reviews for In The Beginning
hi chapter 17 . 5/15/2014
Like I said, I really like this. One note though; I see what your doing with Puck and Owen, but I don't think their personalities are that different and I really don't think Puck would break Owen's character, even if he did bother to be mischievous, he puts to much work into it for that. I also wouldn't expect him to be as dens as... I just think at times he becomes a little ooc. Xanatos to, I would never in a million years expect him to find Puck scary in the least, and Puck wouldn't have found him so much fun if he did. Xanatos would kind of have to like Puck and Owen in equal parts for their friendship to really work, as a kind of rule. Still, the story is really good and I would really like it to continue. It isn't over yet and I would like to see the ending.
hi chapter 12 . 5/15/2014
you haven't marked this as complete yet, even with all the one-shots after it. I haven't finished yet but I really love reading this and you kept asking for reviews. Even if this winds up ending nicely, i'll still be rather sad to reach the end of it. Nothing says you can't add in more fillers before the end, right? If you don't want to I'll just keep watching for more of your one-shots. This is really good.
Maki-P chapter 17 . 6/19/2013
Finally catched up. I have a different interpretation of the Owen/Puck relationship, but no one else writes half decent Owen fics (and it's not like all interpretations are not valid).
By the way, you know you just said the reason why we need the Gargoyles 2198 spin-off more than the Bad Guys one, right? (who cares about the 2nd grade Suicide Squad, when you can have Owen! In the Future!)
Guest chapter 15 . 3/7/2013
just read chapter fifteen, and technically speaking they are half siblings.
Thursdaynext chapter 17 . 2/20/2013
YAY! An update...and a nice meaty one at that :D Hurray for playing tricks on the trickster.
Opacus chapter 17 . 1/23/2013
Heh. This is one of the better stories I've read about our favorite blonde, and certainly the only one I've read that focuses on Owen before the revelation. I'm really excited to continue reading.
Zuzanny chapter 17 . 1/21/2013
this had me giggling all the way through. loved the expressions. :)
Taylr chapter 17 . 1/21/2013
This is the best pre gargoyles backstory I have ever read and one of the best gargoyles fanfiction stories. Owen is my favorite character, and you do an amazing job at keeping with his character while hinting at Puck. Please don't stop writing this story until it comes to an end. Thank you for this incredible story.
Sonar chapter 17 . 1/19/2013
Awesome chapter.
Desiree1717 chapter 17 . 1/19/2013
It may have been hard, but I'm glad you came back to this story. Yay! Thank you!
wtchcool chapter 17 . 1/19/2013
Yes, there would have been. I'm glad you made the effort.

Titania! Loved Owen's reaction to learning she was in town.

Quibbles: 1. You wrote "the word was slowly drawn out in a way that David knew meant was meant to get his attention"; I believe that should be "that David knew was meant..." 2. You wrote: "never once stoped to wonder"; you left out one of the Ps in "stopped." 3. "digging out a few take out menus while your at it," that should be "while you're at it." 4. "David opened the door promptly and ... greeter the young man in the hall." I believe you meant to say "greeted the young man". 5. "The cake as delicious and moist"; I believe that should be "was delicious..."

Oh, Owen's up to something. Interesting.
Vanillasiren chapter 17 . 1/19/2013
I think Titania always knew about Owen too! God, I missed this fic! Thank you SO MUCH for coming back to it!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Hurry up and write more! Please.
Obi's Second Cousin chapter 16 . 12/15/2012
*shivers happily* The plot thickens, the Puck makes an appearance, and the fun really begins.
I can't wait. I loved the pranks pulled on Xanatos, I can't wait to see what he makes of his new assignment, I love Puck messing with him. It's amazing.

Though- did you mistake Owen's age? I thought he was 22, not 26, based on statements in earlier chapters.
Obi's Second Cousin chapter 15 . 12/15/2012
*giggles* I love Owen's little pranks on Xanatos- Puck's coming out to play, is he? And since I don't speak French (and it's far enough away from Spanish that I can't even use that as a guessing point) the explanation of what Owen was calling Fox was a delightful laugh by itself.

Cameo suggestion- Peter Maza