Reviews for People Like You and Me
wingswordsandmetaphors chapter 5 . 1/17/2013
Some parts where pretty confusing to follow, but otherwise this was really good. I like the wierd first/second person thing you did, it's a really cool effect and it works well with the angle of the piece.
Scarlett7 chapter 2 . 2/8/2012
Uhmmm... ok, I feel like an idiot. My computer was not showing that there were any more chapters. And apparently, I already reviewed this. I must have read it a long time ago. :) Oh well. You did such a nice job, you deserved two reviews. I am off to read the rest now!
Scarlett7 chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Wow... This is SUCH A fantastic story. Are you going to continue? I love the way you have captured Dally and his protectiveness of Johnny. Just beautifully written. I'd love to see some more. But I would particularly like to see more of what we didn't see in the book, like the paragraph in the beginning where Johnny is threatening to kill himself. Very powerful stuff.
Gray eyes and Silver Smiles chapter 5 . 1/20/2012
Well, shoot.

This story is absolutely flawless. Utter perfection. I have never cried so much at a fanfiction; hell, I didn't even cry this much reading the Outsiders. You get Dallas better than most people, I think- everyone knows he has feelings, but wording them is tricky, and you did so fantastically. Congratulations on an excellent piece of work!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to wash off the black smudges of makeup trailing down my face. :')
Blood Russian chapter 5 . 10/29/2011
God, you made me cry so fucking much. I hope you do write another story like this one.
Pinkie Tuscadaro chapter 5 . 8/22/2011
I liked this story, some paragrahs were oddly insightful...especially that one about Johnny wanting to be a hero and how hurt he would get. That was interesting because I never thought of it that way, it's an interesting interpretation of Johnny's motives. Like, with the scene where he kills the soc, I always thought that he did it to save Ponyboy but also because it was Bob who had beat him up in the vacant lot, but this hero idea gives it another layer. Does that make sense? Like, he would somehow put himself purposely into dangerous situations or do dangerous things in certain situations because of this hero desire. And I also liked the way you interpreted Dally, how he loved Johnny but was also being hurt by him, tested by him, and feeling he was coming up short. I'd never thought of how Johnny, or Dallas' feelings about Johnny, would cause him that kind of pain, so this was nice.
Scarlett7 chapter 5 . 8/16/2011
This was fabulous. I completely loved this story. The thing that shocks me is that you don't have more reviews! I'm always looking for good Dally and Johnny non-slash stories and they're not easy to find. So, thank you for writing this. WELL DONE!
ImmaBeatYouWithaCrowbar chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
Wow. The first chapter of this story was amazing and such an interesting read, which had me looking forward to the second chapter. The three middle chapters short, awesome. I had great expectations for your final chapter...and let me tell you, friend, you did NOT disappoint. This chapter didn't quite have the humor of the other chapters, but how could there be? I also like how you broke away from the stereotype, of Johnny reminding Dally of himself. I also like how you keep adding the title into the story. It really gives the title purpose.

Usually, I can't stand stories that end with the title. That was my biggest peeve about The Dark Knight. You, pulled it off magnificently. I absolutely love your portrayal of Johnny and a reject of society, one an enemy of society; one wanting to be on the inside, the other loving being on the outside; one willing to go down without a word, the other determined to go down swinging. It was perfect, how you managed to make two people as different as that so similar! 'People like you and me...' It was amazing.

So, as I'm sure you can tell, I love your story. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm happy to see that more reviewers have gotten on board with it. It really deserves praise. Wonderful job, friend! WONDERFUL job!
LinksWassup chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
This was awesome and amazing and omg loved it
Die an Outsider chapter 5 . 8/5/2011
I skimmed through it, wasn't brave enough to actually read it in detail:) You are a great writer, it's just i absolutely cannot read about Johnny's death:( I love how you wrote Dally in this story and the relationship between Dally and Johnny.
Independence Undervalued chapter 5 . 8/4/2011
"Oh my God," you say. "Oh my God."

"What?" I say. "You scared of me?"

"No, I—"

"You what?"

You lower your head.

"I'm scared for you," you say.

Teared up at that part and straight up cried through the rest. And I beg to differ; this is one of the better stories that I have had the pleasure of reading. You do an amazing job getting inside Dally's head and showing us what he was thinking through everything. I loved this and I really hope that you consider writing more Dallas in the future.

Amazing job.
Independence Undervalued chapter 4 . 8/4/2011
I really enjoyed reading how Dally and Johnny met. I think that was a very realistic way for them to interact and Johnny's parents were so dang spot-on, I feel like I'm reading S.E's work.

Amazing job, as always. I'm sad to read the next chapter. *sniffs* Onwards!
Independence Undervalued chapter 3 . 8/4/2011
I could literally feel how overwhelmed Dally was feeling during that whole second half of this. That was really, really intense.

You're phenomenal at writing Dally and I can't wait to see what else you have in store. Great job.
Independence Undervalued chapter 2 . 8/4/2011
The scene with Steve and the Socs was downright intense. Gosh. I'm not surprised that they went to those lengths, especially since Johnny's in his gang and he killed Bob. I like how you added that event in there. That was a really nice touch for sure.

You have Dally down pat. I think it's really interesting to see his POV with regards to people like Two-Bit and Darry; how he sees Two-Bit as a good buddy that always has his back, but Darry as someone he doesn't really care for, but kind of respects.

This is super interesting. I can't wait to read more.
Independence Undervalued chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Oh. My. Gosh.

I love this. Whyyyy does this not have more reviews? Holy guacamole.

The line that killed me, literally brought tears to my eyes;

"Shut up," I say. "Listen."

You listen.

"You hear that?"

A pause.

"That's my heart," I say. "Don't break it, you little fucker."

Unbelievable. Your characterization of these guys is so dead on, I'm impressed. Amazing job.

I'm off to read more and hopefully leave a more constructive review. Sorry I never read this before. I feel like a total ass.