Reviews for bid the soldiers shoot
mspstar97 chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
This fic and the one that came before it (the original fic) were utterly beautiful. I have nothing more to say other than phenomenal job.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
Sif's emotions couldn't be more beautifully written, you're truly amazing!
Bekah chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
Beautiful. I think I read most of this with unshed tears in my eyes. Just beautiful.
When she told him his hair looked ridiculous I immediately thought "Oh my gosh. He's gonna ask her to cut it for him, like he did for her when they were young. Parallels! Asdfklgjhabd!" And I think that's when the crying started. Then I finished the story and just whispered "My babies." and sat here trying to collect myself wilst images of Loki and Sif wrapped in each other's arms watching the sunrise danced about my head.
And then, in my mind, either Fandril or Darcy or both showed up and made some smartass comment at which Sif uncharacteristically blushed while Loki grinned that mischievous smile we know so well for the first time in ages.
I can't handle all the feels!
Dean chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
God! Why are you so good at writing these two? I love the scene where Sif cuts Loki's hair. I can imagined them together perfectly. And I love even more how you close the story by putting the line of "...together they watched the sun lift itself to touch the horizon beyond." Aaah I just died. You are so gooood. My goodness.

But yeah anyway, what I am really trying to say is thank you, thank you, and thank you for sharing this! I think I'm gonna read all of your Loki Sif fics. I just can't get enough. Please keep writing, you're simply awesome ;))
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
This is beautiful, and makes a very satisfying balance to ‘steel in your hand’, a thing of parallels and watchful patience rather than the challenge and friction of the first story, and at the last, a hope for after.

In some ways this is a story about waiting on choices. At the beginning, Sif’s choices are all made and will not change until something else does, and a worn and weary Loki bides his time, deferring decision until he knows his options. That he did not run from the ones who sought him is telling, an acceptance that there may be a possibility for change, for choice, but so is the fact that he does no more than he must to allow that possibility to show itself, and gives away as little of himself as he can manage (he will not look at Sif, will not give anything away until the path is set, whatever it may be).

Nothing can be resolved without Odin, and though we don’t see much of that meeting, it’s not nothing that Thor stands with his brother, nor that Loki acknowledges it, and it’s very obvious in the tension of words waiting to be spoken that there is much to be said on all sides. (I really liked that scene, especially Sif’s reading of what Loki was offering and what he was not).

For once, both Sif and Loki step almost carefully around each other, both knowing too much of the other, each knowing the damage that words can do and not wanting to break the fragile possibility that both can see and neither is sure how to reach. As much remains silent as spoken, and what words they dare carry more weight than before.

I do like your parallels and references here, from cold and snowy start to paired shadows, and the same steel switched to Sif’s hand, used a second time to cut away something more than mere hair. Even the phrase itself /steel in your hand/, is turned around and rewoven between them with new knowledge and old meaning.

Their interaction was beautifully done, delicate and moving and real, full of tiny details that add texture and emotion (recognition of the sound of one particular footstep on snow, skin flushing blue with reaction, her hands or her steel both the same to him, and of course: ‘you are easy for me to see’).

A pleasure to read, thanks.
UnScrambled chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
A lovely companion piece. I loved it. Your writing is phenomenal
wbss21 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
This was just fantastic. A great tale of redemption to follow "Steel in you Hand". Of course, it's predecessor was such a tragically poignant tale to take, and Sif being so bitter and angry and betrayed in that tale, that to see her once again accept Loki, and Thor as well, and to see Loki accept their forgiveness, really was an absolute delight, and leaves the reader with such a great sense of hope.

One thing I really just love is how descriptive you can be without becoming overly wordy, or bogged down in your descriptions. I was really struck by the way you described Loki as being upon them finding him. You can absolutely feel his exhaustion and wariness from running and fighting, and it just pulls at you, realizing that he hasn't been taking care of himself at all. I think you capture really well the self-disgust Loki feels for himself, and how that, ultimately, affects his ability to believe that anyone else could see him as more than the monster he perceives himself as.

And again, as you always do, you capture the voices of these characters exceptionally well. Both Sif's and Loki's silence in the beginning of the story is so telling, and Loki's refusal to look at Sif, showing his shame in front of her.

What's also really interesting is that, from Loki's state, physically, you see that, despite the fact that he's so incredibly powerful, and so massively intelligent, he really isn't capable of taking good care of himself. He neglects himself, and that highlights in this really, wonderfully subtle way the tragedy of him feeling like he has no family anymore, and no place he belongs, because he of all of them really NEEDS someone to help take care of him.

And again, I've said this repeatedly, and I'm sorry for being redundant, but you somehow manage to convey Loki's intelligence in the most amazing way. He really SOUNDS and behaves as smart as he's supposed to be when you write him, and that isn't an easy task.

And the ending was just pure gold, the way you have Sif reenact what was one of the most intimate and tender moments between them from early in their lives, with her cutting his hair for him this time, and how he entrusts himself to her completely in that moment, despite everything, despite how mistrustful and defensive he was, even at the beginning of the story. It was just beautifully done, as was the scene of them the next morning in the kitchen, and the exchange between them there, showing how well they know each other. I loved Loki's line "I watch. And you are easy for me to see." Because it shows he never stopped caring about her, or being aware of her. Again, it just leaves the reader with such a great sense of hope after the emotional heartbreak of "Steel in your Hand". Loki's the kind of character you want so badly to find redemption, because he isn't an evil, no good villain who destroys for the sake of it. He isn't even bad, really. He's just incredibly, incredibly misguided and filled with pain. But you know he has in him the greatest capacity for good too, and so you can't help but root for him. You bring out that aspect of him incredibly well.

Again, I hope you continue the story of Sif and Loki within this verse, to see what journey's and obstacles they may further encounter. Thanks again so much for sharing your awesome talent!
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
So hopeful and lovely...cannot wait for the next! On my way right now...

Sepsis chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
God, and the sequel was all that I hoped it would be and more.. :) Beautiful!
Haley Renee chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
I'm SO glad they're reunited. This was such a great sequel! Gah!
RenoLuvver chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
AHHHH! I'm so happy to see them back together! It just about broke my heart when things went bad in the retelling of the movie events you did in the last story. And it breaks my heart now to see Loki like this...broken, I suppose is the best way to describe it. But it's all going to be ok now! Because he's back with Sif. ) And I'm happy. I already went off about how fantastic your writing is in my last review, so I'll try and stop gushing, but, again, EXCELLENT JOB. You make me jealous. xD Can't wait to read the rest!
Loki fan chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
...and that was the best ending possible! I have to say, this was the best Loki Sif story-thank you for writing a good ending. I hope you write more stories about them both. Thanks-this was a great pleasure to read!
elle87 chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Thank God for this. Without a sequel, I may have actually died haha.

Again, this is gorgeous beyond belief.

It is so believable, and so lovely and painful all at the same time.

I can't explain it to you, but just...more please? :)
illrain666 chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
excellent sequel to an excellent story
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 8/3/2011