Reviews for Picture Perfect
skyhawkwolf chapter 15 . 9/16/2017
This is my second read of this and I love it just as much as the first. I love the time and effort you obviously put into making the characters fit into this world. It is absolutely wonderful. Someone once said that the way you can tell if a plot twist is well done is if you can read/watch it again and it is still enjoyable and it certainly is here(in relation to Arthur being and empathetic). So well done, you should be proud of this story
Guest chapter 3 . 9/8/2017
Very interesting so far. I'm only in chapter 3, but wanted to give a small suggestion: I don't know how it works in the UK, but in the US, the police would have had to produce a warrant before any doctor could tell them anything. Arthur would not even have been legally able to confirm that Merlin was his patient. However, I'm not sure what justification for the warrant the police would have given, since the investigation was already closed.
Also it would have made sense for his father to have brought him in to consult on the case before the trial, as the police would surely have tried to get Merlin to respond enough to testify.
Guest chapter 10 . 7/31/2017
Morgause wasnt really surprising, but I like it
The anomalous chapter 15 . 3/19/2017
I'd been putting off reading this story for ages as I was convinced it was going to be another one of those standard Doctor Arthur helps Patient Merlin get better and they fall in love blah blah blah. I'm SO glad that I gave in and read it as it wasn't at all what I expected and it's turned out to be a fantastic story! All of the character's were written wonderfully and I loved the relationship between Arthur and Merlin. The whole police investigation was thought through really well and drew me in, making me want to know what was going to happen next! While I wasn't too surprised about the identity of the 2nd baddie the actual plot was very unpredictable and I really like what you did with it. And the whole capture at the end was really great!
It was also interesting from a medical point of view to read your interpretation of mental health

Lovely story and I look forward to reading your other works :)
Helen Frances Barrie chapter 1 . 3/4/2017
How can i say?

Wonderful.
Guest chapter 15 . 2/11/2015
Great story, the plot is very engaging. The only complaint I have is that the characters don't seem like their counterparts at all. I personally believe that even in AU the characters should be IC. This is like reading a story with completely different people, only coinciding names.
Other than that, well done.
SaltWaterSwimmer29 chapter 15 . 5/1/2014
Wow, this was really good! I really hope you've posted a sequel because I want to know what happens next! Great job!
RhianaStar chapter 4 . 3/16/2014
Found your story and can't put it down. I like the Modern AU take on the characters... can't wait to read more.
weepingelm chapter 15 . 2/6/2014
sequel please! I will check to see if its written but if not please continue handled very well. loved it
thefreakinme chapter 15 . 11/17/2013
This is the best modern AU Merlin's story I have ever read. Well done! :)
LaRieNGuBleR chapter 15 . 10/11/2013
Wooo! I thought he'd never recovered (in this story, anyway)
BTW, it's a bit weird when we didn't hear Merlin called Arthur 'prat', but he wasn't one anyway, so it's fair enough. :)
Aerist chapter 15 . 9/6/2013
OMG this story was unbelievable I couldn't stop reading and you did not just end it there no way please tell me there is a sequel I need more . Brilliantly written and captivating loved every moment except the part about Arthur getting a record I hate when stories do that tell the police to shove it lol any way just a amazing
Wan chapter 15 . 8/22/2013
Arrrggghhhh!

I hate you for that cliff-hanger but ILU for this awesome fic. Your stories are always to plotty and your world- building is fabulous. The plot bunnies must really run amok in your brain ( a mixed blessing?).

*calms down somewhat *

I loved Arthur here and the link he had with Merlin. The details of the crimes were very dark and sad, and it hurt a little to see Merlin, who's usually characterized as bubbly and open, so shuttered :(
Thank you for at least giving us that last bit where he says one blessed word and looks Arthur full in the face. Are you sure this is non-slash? All these tender moments of connection and hand-holding. :)

Thanks for a great read 3333
kate-sama chapter 15 . 6/30/2013
WTF! PLEASE CONTINUE WITH THE STORY!
LinBates chapter 15 . 5/28/2013
The story itself is great, but I do have to say I got really tired of running into sentences with missing or incorrect words. And that not even getting in to all the times & places I had to mentally drop words like 'was, had, been' & etc. Or had to mentally rearrange the sentence wording to make sense of what you were trying to say. The sentences below are perfect examples: Please remove words within (' '), they are not needed and make the sentences passive, so you end up telling the story instead of showing. You want to show the story, not tell it.

"Arthur straightened up and Elena sidled past him and out the door. He turned to look at Merlin, who ('was') still sat quietly, unmoving from the position that Elena ('had') left him in, staring straight ahead, hands folded in his lap."