Reviews for Education or Why Cerebro was Built by Hippies
rose chapter 33 . 12/4/2013
Wow... This was a great story... I am impressed by the professional, but effective and engaging tone of your writing which so many ff writers lack!
A.F. WolfSlinx chapter 33 . 10/7/2012
I did not at all see that coming. In hindsight, I can see the foreshadowing but I really wasn't expecting it.
I love it when I'm surprised.
This fic is pretty amazing. I really enjoyed it which is unusual because I usually can't enjoy something when I don't really enjoy the characters. I mean, in anything else, I would probably hate it.
Good work!
callietitan chapter 32 . 7/25/2012
This is my 4th or 5th time reading this story, and even knowing this is coming, even having learned to pick up on the hints you dropped, even knowing it was building- Sean shooting Kennedy always shocks me. That's the mark of a fucking awesome writer. Every time I read this, it rocks me to the core- it REALLY gets to me. Awesome job.
niver chapter 33 . 3/15/2012
The sequel was just as great as the first fic. I love the way you played the plot out - I really didn't see the JFK assassination coming, that was very well done. And Sean's change over the course of the story, the development of Charles and Erik's relationship, the other characters ... hey, I even kinda liked Scott for once! It was a fantastic fic all around, great job!
LeQuack chapter 33 . 2/3/2012
Thank you for writing this series. It was a very entertaining and surprisingly informative read. Your prose is frank and concise, which is kind of refreshing. What I really admire is your dialogue, though. You've got a great sense of humor.

If I could make one criticism: You overuse the words "quite," "rather," "terrible"/"terribly" and the phrase "furrowed his brow" a lot. And-okay, maybe two criticisms-you've stated that writing female characters is difficult for you. Why is that? Personality-wise, I don't really see why there has to be a difference between the two sexes. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's a lack of female presence among the major characters. I liked Raven, but she's kind of dead (and she wasn't a major character in All Along the Watchtower).

Anyway, I love your two stories and I hope you write another in this universe.
JenniferC77 chapter 33 . 1/29/2012
I think I need some bit-o-honey to remind myself this isn't reality. I spent one night guffawing my way through AATW and feel like I just came through one hell of a roller coaster ride. Of course, there were times when I was cracking up (and yes, my animals find me strange), but I spent more time than I thought with a tense tummy. The ending in particular was so difficult to read...a credit to your talent. Poor Sean. There were so many ways in which each of them were falling apart, and there are things we do for the people we love, even if it's something we would never think of doing otherwise. Puts me in mind of that line from A Dangerous Method in which Jung says that sometimes you have to do the unthinkable just to go on living.

I hope you find your way back to writing more in this universe...I need to go find my happy place now where those two aren't in so much pain and having to wrestle with such difficult dilemmas.

Bloody brilliant work. Jenn.
Haylia Jones chapter 33 . 1/20/2012
boathouse? what boat house? the same magic boathouse from harry potter that Snape dies in? instead of the shreaking shack? but i digress, I know Stryker killed his own son, but Charles is right, its wrong, and I know it was to save Sean, but killing the president is not your normal teenage behavior, like how we had perceived his behavior in the previous chapters, i knew he was going to kill someone, or do something drastic, just not lose his shit entirely and go this route. This was a better conclusion then the first fic, and i really loved this one. it was funny snarky steamy, deep, naughty flirty, dark demeaning and basically all the things I love in fic
Haylia Jones chapter 32 . 1/20/2012
holy shit you had Sean kill the president!
Haylia Jones chapter 30 . 1/20/2012
what about JFK assassination and Erik firing the magic bullet? I had read they were playing with that for the beginning sequel. Irrelevant but I want my Wanted sequel too. We have christened this month Fassuary, January just ain't cutting it. Its a double feature of Shame and Haywire tonight followed by Dangerous Method next weekend. Movie talk over, on with the review, I did infer the muscle relaxant thing, your explanation only confirmed it. naughty sexy beast, not Beast, just sexy beast, on with more ravaging. And I do love the snark and sex and were are building things, but where did the plot go in the last few chapters, we need it to propel forward into the next fight/crisis.
Haylia Jones chapter 29 . 1/20/2012
time for a motherfucin' montage! excellent, I think Pavel is becoming a favorite characters and I am glad Erik and Charles continue to have a sexual relationship that is understanding and open and therapeutic in that Erik is working some shit out, there is such a strong level of trust there
Haylia Jones chapter 27 . 1/19/2012
hee! oh I loved this, especially "creating the illusion of natural perfection" that is so TRUE. as always thank you for writing truthfully and with great insight. Your perspective is so refreshing, fanfiction can be so tedious and repetitive and obviously written by 14 year olds, who are just copying what they read in another fic anyway. Your voice is so much more substantial. and that makes for fascinating reading for me.
Haylia Jones chapter 26 . 1/19/2012
oh poor date rape psychosis over there, but I like this kooky girl, she is a fun addition.
Haylia Jones chapter 25 . 1/19/2012
you know sometimes just reading your comments to reviewers makes the chapter for me.
Haylia Jones chapter 23 . 1/19/2012
sweet with the mutual missing, and I wish I had minions or henchmen that would do my bidding, I can see the appeal. This was another fantastic chapter and I was glad you didn't separate the main characters for too many chapters,
Haylia Jones chapter 15 . 1/17/2012
I liked your description of french kissing and thought this chapter hot. Brutally honest is how you roll and why I like you.