Reviews for Steel and Soul
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 15 . 7/11
I like how this ended. At first I thought Sako was dead the way this chapter started out but then I realized they were talking about Toko. I'm sad to see this story end. There aren't many Hiko romance stories that don't have him loving one of the male character's. Not to mention ones that keep him in character like you did and wrote the story well with a plot and good grammar.

I hope you right more Hiko romance stories. :-)
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 14 . 7/11
Posting on a horse is the English style of riding. Western horseback riding does not post. I'm not familiar with what the Japanese used while riding horses. Just thought I would let you know.

Nice job with the scene where Hiko comes back to find his wife badly wounded like that. I liked how you could feel his anguish and desperation when he found Sako.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 13 . 7/11
Hiko never went to Tokyo to support Kenshin's friends. He went to Kyoto.

Good for you Sako! You got rid of those five guys quickly. Lets see if your risky move against the bad guy pays off.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 12 . 7/10
I'm rewatching the anime right now and when Kenshin mastered the ogi I had forgotten that Hiko survives and I was really sad that he died. But I was then pleasantly reminded that Hiko was just knocked out cold.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 11 . 7/10
Ah. No need to worry Sako. Hiko isn't dead. He was just knocked out cold. I did like how you put their emotions in this chapter. Nicely down.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 10 . 7/10
Another child. A boy this time. Good. I'm glad. Ah ok. I see the timeline now. Hey you did miss one person meeting Hiko. Misao was the one that led Yahiko and Karou to meet Hiko. Other than that nice job with the chapter. :-)
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 9 . 7/10
I don't mean to be nitpicky but I want to point out one thing. When Hiko picked up the midwife you had her grip the horse with her knees. That actually should not happen. Whether you ride western or english you never grip with your knees. In western riding you actually use your thighs when riding bare back. But you must always have your lower body (waist down) move in rhythm with the horse and your top half staying straight and strong. If your lower half goes out of rhythm with the horses moments then trust me you will become a bobble head till you find your rhythm again or the horse stops. People think that the reins guide the horse but it's actually your body language and weight that does it. To get the horse to go right you shift your weight to your right side while briefly putting your heel against the horses side. The reins just help guide the horse but it's really your weight that directs the horse. I did western riding lessons from the age of 10 to the age of 18. If you have multiple pressure points on the horses side they will get confused and will not be sure with what you are asking. Wendy was a great horse for me to do my lessons on because she actually made you do the work correctly or she would not move at all. Unlike sweet ol' Buddy who figured what you wanted and would do it when you were making mustakes. You never aggressively yank hard on the reins because you don't want to injure the horses mouth. Like ripping the side of their lips (I saw that once on the animal planet show animal cops). I like to think that I know what I'm talking about because I ride western for 8 years.

So she's pregnant huh? I could totally see Hiko becoming a worry wart over her carrying thing, etc. A girl huh? Some part of me wishes it was a boy so he could be trained and become the successor of the hiten style. But a girl will do. I can totally see Hiko scaring off all the boys from courting his daughter.

I know that I still have chapters to read but will Kenshin and the others make am appearance? That would be really nice.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 8 . 7/10
Finally some action between them! Nice job with with lime. When I read towards the end I thought you went into lemon territory but the more I thought about it you still kept the romantic actions in lime territory. Nice job with that. You gave us what we wanted in a lime without going into lemon description.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 7 . 7/10
A kimono peace offering turned to a wedding proposal huh? Nice Hiko. Smooth.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 6 . 7/9
Poor Sako. :-(
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 5 . 7/9
So they are both starting to think of each other in a different way now. I just wish that you would have made Sayo like 22 or something. An 18 in love with a 43 year old man creeps me out some what but *shrugs* It is what it is. Love knows no age. Unless it is an 18 year old loving a 60 plus guy. That is set creepy and wrong.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 4 . 7/9
I love how you put Hiku in with the crowd to hawk is pottery and how he would scare them off. And then with the snowball fight. That was great. When she threw the snowball at him I was like "oh no she didn't!" Lol.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 3 . 7/9
:) I think Hiko is starting to get a bit soft on her.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 2 . 7/9
Nice chapter. I do miss Kenshin rising to the bait of Hiko's teasing but this girl just lets it shrug off.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 1 . 7/8