Reviews for Waiting and Recovery
Bookworm85 chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
Loved it! I liked how Lestrade was protective of John and Sherlock, how he waited for them at the hospital. It was sweet how Sherlock and John were both concerned with the other.

Mrs. Hudson is great. I could totally see her acting like she did in Chapter 2.

No one answered back, but Mrs. Hudson had never really needed another person to have a conversation. LOL

I like how she mothers them when they need it, but remind them that she's not their housekeeper when she knows that they're better.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 2 . 4/18/2012
It was a nice touch to see the aftermath of events through Mrs Hudson's eyes and as with everyone else you had her completely in character throughout.

Once again I chuckled several times, firstly at Sherlock pointing out John shouldn't have been surprised he is such a bad patient and later at the rather endearing images you painted of them both trying hard to appear well and failing by doing things like falling asleep with a loaf of bread as a pillow.

Although the conversation about Sherlock driving is now slightly AU after Series Two I still enjoyed it, not least John deciding in retrospect he doesn't want Sherlock behind the wheel of a car. Given we did see Sherlock drive in 'The Hounds of Baskerville' episode I'm now imagining John helping him learn and all the chaos that would involve.

I thoroughly enjoyed this :)
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
This was extremely well written and you've captured Lestrade perfectly. I could almost hear him voicing the thoughts as I was reading.

Your descriptions of what had happened were vividly detailed and drew a picture in my head at each step of the way without ever becoming boring or superfluous. Despite being concerned for John and Sherlock I had to chuckle at John's reaction when he was found and the fact Lestrade has downloaded an app just to deal with Sherlock's mile-a-minute explanations. Even Donovan's snarky texts about how useful most of the information is fit in with how we've see her onscreen.

As with your other story I wanted to quote nearly half the chapter for my favourite lines but I'm going with this because it really does sum up the difference between Sherlock and John's methods to a 'T';

Lestrade had to admit that when it came to getting descriptions of people, John's concise approach had more value. It was far easier to put out a BOLO for a man with black hair and a scar than for one who'd broken his leg as a child and probably had at least one Polish parent.

I also thought Lestrade's mental comment about Sherlock walking through life without looking and needing someone to watch out for him very spot-on.

I look forward to the next chapter.
Hekateras chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
Lovely. Loved all your stories, really, but particularly this one, because Paternal!Lestrade and Maternal! is something I'm very fond of.

I liked the intro with the hospital coffee. It's not easy to come up with the right start to a story that grips without being trite or overly fancy. You did it perfectly.
SH fan chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
Is it strange that I read the entire second chapter in Mrs. Hudson's voice? o.O Straaange.

Anyways, I love this fic and just want to say I found the characterizations spot on :)

Well done :)

Mrs. Hudson. One BAMF when it comes to being a housekeeper ;)
not paranoid enough chapter 2 . 10/9/2011
I liked both of these pieces. You nailed them in all of the little details: Sherlock calming John down, the two different doctors, Sherlock realizing his stuff had been moved over, Mrs. Hudson-they all came together perfectly xD
personofnoconcern3000 chapter 2 . 10/2/2011
I liked this story! Gotta love Mrs. Hudson.
northerlywind chapter 2 . 8/17/2011
Very nice heartwarming sort of story. I enjoyed it!
Lestrade's Lady chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
This is really good. I love stuff from Lestrade's POV anyway, and I agree with you that he thinks of Sherlock and John as part of his team.
Jodi2011 chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
You have Lestrade, Mrs Hudson and our two boys down pat. Thanks for a lovely read :)
PsychoWing chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
Nice. The characterization is great. To be honest, I didn't know that there was a new series. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
mirth513 chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
Lovely couple of vignettes' of minor but still majorly important characters feelings and reactions to our boys. Thanks, they were gorgeous!
DarqueQueen7 chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
Wow...that was SO Mrs. Hudson! Worrying and hovering over the boys one minute, then telling them she wasn't their housekeeper when she knew they were going to be fine. Loved it!

Darque
DarqueQueen7 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
I really liked the way you captured Lestrade from the series so well. And how he figured out using a mobile app would help himunderstand Sherlock better. That was just brilliant!

Darque
AssassinOfRome chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
I really like this story, especially Mrs Hudson. So full of love. This is brilliant!

AOR