Reviews for Hackamore 09 : Tabula Rasa
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2016
Realize, that I am reading this story, of the Hackamore series, out of sequence. Will probably revisit, later, once I start the series, in order. But, for, now, there was something, "curious", as Johnny would say, about the title. Compelling one to go rogue.
Great depiction of what civilized life in Boston had to offer. Witty comparison of the food and clothing, especially. The comparison of the gentleman farmer against the working rancher, brought a chuckle. ( Scott's
Depiction of wartime rural Virginia was graphic. As is the
Use of, "squalid").
But it was not until Scott admitted that Boston was different after the war, as he, too, was different - that you knew, as Scott, knew, he had changed.
Then, when Scott, so elegantly and passionately, described the Lancer ranch, to Johnny, - you knew he was hooked. Likewise, you knew Johnny felt the same, when he started philosophizing about this being a " fresh start". Darn, if they were starting to see it all through,
Murdoch's eyes. They knew they would stay. Great tie in to the title. A "fresh start" for both of them. "A New Beginning", for the bonding of blood brothers.
August 16 , 2016.
wendy k chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Another great installment in this series Anna. Scott's wry sense of humor really shines through.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Wonderful and insightful peek into the brothers' relationship. Your stories are always a treat.:)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Another wonderful story from you! You create such a sense of place in your writing. It is easy to lose yourself in this one. I like the way you describe their fledgling brother relationship and the early hints that of the bond they will build. Beautifully done!
aloha94 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Every time I read one of your stories, I am completely blown away. You are one of the best writers in fanfiction that I have ever seen. Great little one shot showing us how Scott feels about staying at Lancer. I loved every word of it. Hehe, I was practically jumping up and down with excitement when I realized you had posted something new. :) Looking forward to more stories in the future.