Reviews for Resolutions
earlgrey152 chapter 133 . 6/29
I have only one thing to say:

Bravo.

What a solid, satisfying, and hopeful ending to your beautiful story - indeed, the perfect conclusion to the long, and often arduous journey we've taken with Martin and Louisa. To find them here, in a marriage and a home that is built on love, respect, affection, and compromise is both wondrous and delightful. This is no trite "happily ever after". No, Martin and Louisa have fought hard to overcome their differences and difficulties, and what a sweet reward they have now in each other.

DeclanS, you have treated these dear characters with integrity and insight from the very first sentence, you've honoured their personal journeys of growth and commitment, and you've allowed us to glimpse into their minds and hearts along every step of the way.

Thank you.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will come back and re-read this story again in the future. It is truly a treasure.
AlwaysDM chapter 133 . 6/27
Thank you for this heartwarming, wonderful, and meaningful story, which I began reading just a few days ago, and couldn't put down. I loved it, and am so sad to have reached the end. It was beautifully written, and the characters so vivid that your depiction of them will stay with me for a long, long time. My only disappointment is that we didn't get a more intimate look at Martin's interactions with his son, both during and after the pregnancy. Would love to have glimpsed some tender moments as Martin and Louisa prepared for and entered parenthood together. Again, many thanks for your outstanding story and effort.
nature of things chapter 133 . 6/23
Lovely ending to a wonderful and uplifting story. Thanks for writing it
hawthorn1102 chapter 133 . 6/21
How nice to have a happy ending to the story, but I am somewhat sad that the story had to end. I have so much enjoyed your work and I will no longer have the anticipation of a new chapter waiting. I hope you will consider creating another DM story.
You demonstrated how a very dissimilar couple can work together to achieve a happy relationship if each is willing to compromise and think of the other's needs and feelings. In S7 of the TV version, Martin and Louisa have each realized that there are things they are willing to sacrifice in order to be together. I hope the writers will take your lead and let the characters continue along those lines to build their relationship. But, until they get around to writing that, I am already 1/4 of the way through re-reading your story. It is just so appealing. Thanks again for sharing your writing with us.
Susie Sagitarius chapter 133 . 6/20
Thank you, DeclanS. It has been a privilege to read your work. And I applaud your continuation of this story to a good and suitable place of resolution. What a very nice last chapter and notes. Be well... rest... but consider writing something new if you find it in your heart to do, should the muses inspire.
Rad chapter 133 . 6/19
Bravo! Great conclusion to an awesome story. Cheers!
reallybodmin chapter 133 . 6/19
Wonderful end to a beautiful story. Just perfect. Thank you so much for choosing to share your gifts with all of us. This story has been inspirational to me in my quest to write. You've done a wonderful job. Wish we could see this made into a movie. It would not do the story justice, I'm sure, as it would be unable to convey all of the nuance, but it would be lovely to see it play out. Congratulations and thanks again! I hope you will write another.
Boots1980 chapter 133 . 6/18
May I be presumptuous and add another definition of "resolution": the conversion of something abstract into another form.

"Doc Martin" is an abstract. It is a television show with no physical or concrete existence. It has only a storyline which Fan Fiction writers can twist, turn, and convert into another form altogether. Under the author's elegant hand - and mind- we have experienced the conversion of Martin and Louisa from a miserable couple to one who could live together in love. In this story, both recognized what each needed and were willing to make the concessions -if not changes - to reach their Holy Grail of a loving relationship.

My only wish for the couple is that they may celebrate their first and subsequent wedding anniversaries not with a lecture on horology but with a tasteful and tasty chocolate cake that is more real than abstract.

My only wish for the author is that she return to these pages with a new, well crafted story to enchant and enthrall her grateful readers. Thank you for five delicious years of storytelling.
authur605 chapter 133 . 6/18
18 June 2016

Author! Author! Author!

Your beautiful well-written story is a big treat.

I'm sad that no longer will there be new, engrossing Chapters to look forward to. tsk, tsk, tsk. I will surely re-read this realistic love story "Resolutions" multiple times.

I love its lavish descriptions of food, events, land and seascapes, clothing, people and; the intimate acquaintance I was enabled to make with complex characters owing to Writer's generous inclusion of personal background for each character. Story locations, colors, sounds, food, flower and related other incidental smells are easily experienced because of rich, sensitive descriptions. I enjoy such caring writing that ensures Reader of completeness. It reads as if Writer sought to tell Reader ALL essentials for understanding each character, problem or location. Well done. If you change your mind and want to add MORE CHAPTERS to this consuming read... I'm here and anxious for more about characters I adored in "Resolutions" THANK you
I have enjoyed this story very much. Thank you for writing it!"
Chapin chapter 133 . 6/18
We have read this more than once. Although we wish there could be more, you have accomplished your task. It was most realistic and at more than one point we feared it would end in crushing sadness. It could have. These two were resolute (resolute in italics) and truly cared enough for each other to work together to build their life. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
spottedhorse chapter 133 . 6/18
Your concluding note sounds almost as if you are leaving us. I hope that is not the case. You bring so much to the fandom! And this very satisfactory conclusion is one more example :-)
BWagner60 chapter 133 . 6/18
The End two words I have been dreading although 5 years seems a long time looking forward to your story made the time go by so very quickly. Your carefully crafted story was a joy to read. My most heartfelt thank you for the journey. Wishing you all the best.
bleen74 chapter 133 . 6/18
Thank you for your wonderful story. It has been a long, at times painful, journey but you brought us to a very happy ending.
RumpyBumpy chapter 133 . 6/18
BRAVO! Wonderful ending...great story. Congratulations...now on to that NEXT idea.
1,236 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »