Reviews for Folk Bloodbath
EmiRose chapter 13 . 11/26/2019
This story was so great, like so many of your other stories. The beginning and ending both made me cry, it was beautiful in its bittersweet fashion. I really love how you write Arthur and Alfred and their relationship, one of the most down to earth but sweetest dynamics I've seen them in
bosbie chapter 13 . 3/20/2019
i read this way back in 2011 when you were still in the midst of updating it; middle school me would be so happy whenever a new chapter was updated, and would even daydream in class about wat would happen next. i even remember that this was the first fic that gave me butterflies in my stomach (it was when alfred realized how amazing it felt having arthur close to him and feeling his breath on his chin lolol). reading this now, all these years later, gave me those feelings all over again. and i've come to realize that since i've started to write fanfic of my own, i've been unconsciously trying to emulate the writing style of this fic: simple, to the point, yet poignant.

you built up the relationship between alfred and arthur so well. their love seemed inevitable - like even if this wasn't fanfic that promised a romance, it would have happened. i also especially love the reoccurring theme of al's red hat and his change of heart about morality after meeting arthur. and the ending in particular is soooo evocative.

believe me when i say that this fic rly has stuck w me, even after all these years. thanks sososo much for reading and sharing!
SheWhoLeavesCrappyReviews chapter 13 . 2/22/2017
I just found this today and I read this all in one go! I just couldn't stop.
I was suspecting that Alfred and Arthur were going to get killed by the old sheriff so I'm really glad that they both grew old together and passed away peacefully. It was definitely a bittersweet moment. The ending however, was easily one of the most romantic ones I've read, and trust me, I have read a LOT! Just imagining Arthur watching Alfred tenderly even in the afterlife just made my heart melt. And of course, I'm really happy that the four of them got reunited in the end. I was trying so hard not to cry along with Alfred when he was mourning Matthew. Even if they didn't really interact directly in the story, it was so clear even in the beginning that the siblings loved each other a lot, making Mattie's passing before Al's return all the more heartbreaking.

Your story definitely made me a sap. I don't know if you'll even see this review as it's been years since this story was finished, but all the same, thanks for sharing your work with us!
cosmicConundrum chapter 13 . 8/12/2016
This was a very well written, beautiful fanfic that made me tear up a little. I don't know what to say. You'll definitely never read this, but I wanted to leave some positivity here anyway!
RunnyBabbits chapter 13 . 6/24/2016
Amazing. Even if you're no longer in the Hetalia Fandom, I love your style of writing; smooth, patiently paced, and so realistic!
clokinz chapter 13 . 3/21/2016
I...I don't know how to feel...it leaves me wanting more! Ugh! WHAT IS THIS FEELING!? nice but not entirely satisfied...sad but not heartnroken...it's in between..it's frustrating! I congratulate you for making me feel this way! GAH! Now I can't sleep!
ArkieR chapter 13 . 9/13/2015
This… is absolutely beautiful. There is litterally nothing else I can say.
Memorydarkness chapter 13 . 1/17/2015
This is one of the most beautiful stories I ever red, I liked the ending too much (I think I teared up a little)
LA EURG chapter 13 . 10/7/2014
There are so many reasons why I loved this. One of them being the fact that it reminded me of "Brokeback Mountain", but with a bit of a happy ending. A great read, and your writing is flawless!
Guest chapter 11 . 8/5/2013
You just wrote what I love. Okay, that may not have made much sense... but Alfred turning outlaw for and that line... oh that just stir up, oh, sigh, such emotions, gosh, tingling nerves 'orz
Crozzack chapter 13 . 7/16/2013
Truly impressive. The story took my breath away, literally. It's magnificent. And frankly, I can't express my appreciation for this art work properly in words. You've done a good job and simply 'WOW'.
Beautiful, and everything along those lines. I'm sure that they are just meaningless words compared to your story but really, nothing can compares to it.
You're really talented, lad. :)
ATTHESTROKEOFMIDNIGHT chapter 13 . 4/26/2013
Well, I'm cryin' now, but that was simply amazing.
Colquii chapter 13 . 4/14/2013
Omg, the ending was so sweet and sad! D-D-Did Gilbert die at the end? :O
animeblackangel chapter 13 . 4/10/2013
this story was amazing i so sad it had to end...the ending was sad to and sweet at the same time XD
Blazing Ace chapter 13 . 3/15/2013