Reviews for The Little Mouse Detective
disneyfangirl774gmail.com chapter 1 . 11/5
I loved the comic story and how spooky the beginning of this story is! At some point, I'll write my own fanfics on them, especially the ones where I throw in a character accompanying them.
disneyfangirl774gmail.com chapter 4 . 11/5
I love it when you put down that Fidget wished that Ratigan died the same way as Mother Gothel did. I adore your version of Tangled!
A few things I'd like to tell you in chapter three are: 1. I read in a book and online that Olivia Flaversham is ten, meaning she already reached her double-digits. 2. Fidget was wrong about her not being nice to him because he wasn't nice to her! I think when she said, "Just wait! Basil's smarter than you!" she said it to both him and Ratigan. 3. You had a point when Olivia said, "I don't care what the dangers are!" Neither does Fidget.
One thing I'd like to say in Chapter 2 is that Fidget does snore, but it didn't sound loud at all to me, really.
As for Olivia's ordeal in the sack, Basil can't blame her or Dawson for this situation because I think he was the one causing the damage in yelling at them and lying to them. No wonder why Olivia felt like running away!
When Basil said, "I should have known better than to-", he meant
“...let my ego get in the way.”
“...bring anyone who sides with children.”
“...treat Olivia like a little kid or even lie to her, or worst of all, forget about her and how she feels.”
“...be selfish towards one another.”
“...be jealous of Olivia because you (Dawson) pay more attention to her than I do. I wish I can do the same, but I can’t because I’m far too judgmental. I should have been more understanding instead of misjudging other people, in spite their rebellious actions.”
“...pretend to like Olivia just save myself from Ratigan’s wrath, for she will disown me.”
“...put my partnership with you (Dawson) and friendship with the girl to the test.”
“...complain about the girl coming with us just to reunite with her father or prevent her for going anywhere because now I see how wrong it is by doing so for she understands completely as far as what can happen to her.”
disneyfangirl774gmail.com chapter 2 . 11/5
I love how Fidget gets mad at Basil for scolding him. Fidget, you are so in character. Good for you! Maybe that's why Fidget feels proud of kidnapping people. So perhaps Fidget has lived with Basil once, until Basil did something he didn't like, such as excluding Fidget from going places no matter what dangers that may occur. Then, Fidget called Basil and bunch of names and ran away.
disneyfangirl774gmail.com chapter 3 . 11/4
Good job on keeping the Olivia and Fidget pairing in character. In fact, Olivia had every right to yell at Fidget for being bitter towards her. 1. He couldn't blame Olivia for being locked in a closet- he has no right, he caused all the damage. 2. He put her down and kidnapped her. Fidget was right when he said to her that he didn't have a choice, although I believe he was shaking as he told her that. I also think that the way Olivia said, "Your father also worked for Ratigan?" she was still mad at the bat. Altogether, they know what it's like to lose a loved one.
Moreover, when Fidget asked, "How could I apologize?", maybe he thought she wouldn't forgive him for capturing her or anyone else, not that he blames her and her friends, because he wouldn't forgive himself, either. 1. He was a bad friend. 2. He hurt those who were close to him. 3. He began to surmise that Olivia was right, he really was an ugly bat.
As for the stomping on Fidget's foot and insulting him, laughing at his humiliations was different compared to kidnapping people, then her, three times or more.
I also thought Fidget may be the type to feel sorry for himself until something in his mind clicks.
Reyelene chapter 1 . 9/9
I really enjoyed these stories. They sound like they would make a good tv series. And that flashback scene in chapter 3 where Fidget broke down and cried while he told Olivia what happened to his father moved me. It makes you want to take the little bat and give him a hug too.
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 1/12/2015
It has been a few years since this story was updated, but part of me still hopes it will be continued. I rather enjoy it and I'd love to see what you would do next with these characters.
Bookworm Gal chapter 4 . 11/21/2013
This is very entertaining. Nice work.
Ncor1709 chapter 4 . 9/15/2013
Come on write the next chapter.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/21/2012
What happens next?!
Disney Queen Mouse chapter 4 . 9/15/2012
Yeah I gues where the scene came from. Very cute how you made your own verison of Tangled. I wonder if they will ever see Toby or who is this mysterious rodent who has him only the fact he is a rat. Please update soon.
Pyro-9-3 chapter 3 . 8/4/2012
Great story, not many Fidget and Oliva stories out there.
Just wondering though up into what point in time will the story be stopping and how many more chapters do you believe are still going to be posted?
Guest chapter 3 . 7/25/2012
Please make the next chapter
SnowGooseInTheSunset chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
Hilarious and touching. LOVE IT!
TheLogicalDreamerandWriter chapter 3 . 9/22/2011
SOOO cute! I love this story so much! great chapter i can not wait for the next:D
Chomper4 chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Fidget is a cool sidekick