Reviews for Study On The Dynamics Of A SephxCloud Relationship
I'm confused chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Was this about Sephiroth and Cloud or Sephiroth and Genesis? Because, if it's the later, you should maybe change the characters' category. Too bad I thought this was a parodic fic (hence the "Tragedy" level, in a parodic sense, you get me?) about how the Sephiroth/Cloud pairing is completely absurd and unlikely, given that I'm not a SC shipper at all, but it was nothing more than a pathetic rambling by a Seph/Genesis 16 year old fangirl who thinks her mental age is 30 but, by the looks of this, it most likely matches her physical age.

My assumption was wrong and I got bored. Next time I'll choose my readings more carefully.
SSGA chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Hey, nice story. You described both Sephiroth and Genesis well. Also the reason why would our lovely General love his fellow commander. Genesis' descend into madness and deterioration were well handled also Nibleheim, yet you could have told it with more detail. I think Sephiroth deserves to be told with much details( He's complex).

Before I reviewed I read the other reviews. There might not be a S/G couple in canon but it's Fan fiction and also the most logical pairing for Sephiroth is whether with Angeal( To me it isn't an option, Angeal's way too sentimental, and it's hinted in canon that Sephiroth considered him a friend) or Genesis( With Angeal out of option remains Genesis).

Then you described the way Cloud seemed attractive to Sephiroth. That was when I thought to kill you, but after a few lines I burst out laughing till my belly hurt. You did a great job in humiliating that sheep. Specially the part:"With no battle experience, no life experience,..."LOL. It was good and I liked your story( The first S/C story I've ever liked :) and I'll look forward till you update.
hey I'm a troll too chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
talk about high-class trolling :D
Whoa chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
This has to be the most controversial story I've ever come across on ! It's made people laugh, cry, angry, and generally butthurt. To top it all off, looks like someone down there might even be getting some! Great job!
WonderingWhy chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Because I truly am wondering about your reasons for this. Don't say that it was a challenge to yourself to write the ship; you didn't write about Sephiroth/Cloud- you bashed it. If you had truly followed the challenge you made for yourself, you would have written a realistic, cannon-correct Sephiroth/Cloud fic that may have ended sadly, but it wouldn't have contained any imagined, non-cannon pairings or ideas. Ideas and pairings that looking at your profile you have openly showed previous support for; ideas and pairings that are of your own design and not cannon. So why did you feel the need to write this; to attack Sephiroth/Cloud shippers as a whole, many of whom have done nothing to you? (By saying 'many', I allow that you’ve probably been attacked by some Sephiroth/Cloud in the past. But 'some' aren't all of them, and all them are the ones you just attacked.) I’m a Sephiroth/Cloud shipper, and I’ve always avoided your works before instead of leaving behind an unkind word. Not only that, but you seem to take a great joy in attacking Cloud especially, and I’m at a loss as to what a made-up character could have ever done to you.

And I’m proud to ship Sephiroth/Cloud; I have my right to ship and interpret as I wish, just as you do. I just wish you didn’t feel the need to use your interpretations to attack others.

Lastly I wanted to say that you didn’t make me mad; you made me sad. I am honestly a little heartbroken that someone could be so cruel as to reach out and try to tear down my preferred pairing using their own cannon, with so little thought as to how this could make others feel. I beg of you, if you have any decency at all (and I am going by things implied in this fic and what you’ve said on your profile before): Take a look at your own actions and attitude before you call a made up character childish and unlikeable and say he makes poor decisions.

Please. You were downright hateful in writing this, and there was no reason for it.

If you’ve gotten to this point, thank for reading to here as this review is likely scattered and run on. I’m sorry for it not being better, but I’m very tired, and now sad.
KimberlyPetersen1 at Gmail chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Nephilim Rising

What can I say? You have effectively shut me up and let me tell you, THAT IS SEXY. Something tells me you're hot too.

Know that I am tall and in great shape, 2nd degree Black belt in Isshinryu, and I don't even try. I have delicate features, long red-brown hair, big green eyes, and eyelashes that go for miles. Don't tell me you're straight because, LOL, that's what they all say. I'm always the "exception". Not being pretentious, at all. Chics love men that look like chics and I'm a chic that's not so feminine. Don't worry, I'm not butch. Think Gia Carangi without the drugs and deadly virus.

I know we were to continue our discussion via email, but I wanted to publicly stake my claim first.

You seem pretty wound up, sweetheart. I might be just what the good doctor ordered.

Unless, I am mistaken and you're not hot. I tried the inner beauty thing and it didn't work out. I don't want there to be any misconceptions here. Don't get back to me right a way. Sleep on it. Wouldn't want any explosive reactions or thoughtless words to ruin a potentially beautiful thing. Tomorrow, I'll arrange to send you a pic and then if you like what you see, you can send me one back. Hope we didn't get off on the wrong foot. I HATE CLOUD, honest to God.
Nephilim Rising chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
I left this review to highlight some points. After this, I would continue our discussion in e-mail. :)

*A HUMAN that bested him three times and perturbed him enough that it

transmitted to the consciousness of his remnants. Remnants who called said

HUMAN brother, the “Black Sheep” of their “Happy Flock”. Seems like Cloud

wasn't considered so lowly an entity after all. Of course, canon Sephiroth

considered himself a God, so this is not to say that he thought Cloud was

anywhere near his level, but a common, worthless human? I strongly

disagree.*

You see... Cloud besting Sephiroth is... to me, laughable. And moreover -

how does he do it? Cloud that is? There is so little logic in it that... I

can only say - Cloud wins because a hero HAS TO WIN.

Hence Sephiroth disregarding him for a reason that Cloud is no match for

him (even producers state Cloud isn't, the funniest of ALL things; have

you read what they say about their fight in ACC? That Sephiroth wasn't

even trying hard... how nice.) is the only plausible conclusion. There is

no respect there. Al all. Despite what happened. On the contrary,

Sephiroth only wants to avenge Cloud for his defeats.

So pretty much, as any common human, to him Cloud is worthless.

*I'm under the impression that you spend quite a bit of time devoted to

FF7 fan fiction and you seem to have most formidable convictions about a

hypothetical pairing within it, yet you are not a fangirl? There is

nothing wrong with that, you know? Your work is exquisite, by the way.

Nope, not at all. :D

I am in no formidable conviction about anything, really. I am only about

LOGIC. I read Genesis/Angeal with no less passion than Sephiroth/Genesis.

But Sephiroth/Cloud has no logic, in about 98% of cases. I'll get to it a

bit later.

*Sephiroth, enigmatic creature that he is, is very hard to read. Genesis

on the other hand, was too transparent for his own good. It was very clear

that he envied Sephiroth and held a lot against him. Whether he hated him

is arguable, but if you view some of the cut-scenes, it is evident that

even as “close friends” Genesis' behavior towards Sephiroth screamed

malice and animosity. Take his demeanor in the training room before he

sparred with Sephiroth alongside Angeal, before it got ugly, and compare

it to the scene where he interacts with Zack, a near stranger, in Banora.

You see... what we are shown is the results of what? 4-5 years of

interaction. Which as clearly shown in CC ending began with Genesis

adoring Sephiroth up to a point that he made juice for him. Yes, somewhere

down the road jealousy came in. And so? Look at how Genesis behaved

towards Angeal after the degradation. Degradation ruined most of it, not

even jealousy.

Even Sephiroth after the fight scene states - yes, things were fine again

between him and Genesis, only Angeal lectured him a bit. Until the

degradation that is.

So between that period of time where we are shown nothing,

Sephiroth/Genesis is plausible. Extremely plausible. Given that they are

of, well, similar levels of intelligence and skill.

Which brings up... what can attract Sephiroth to Cloud? Like seriously.

People keep forgetting that in that universe everyone looks either

effeminate, cute, like gods, etc. Cloud won't attract him in appearance;

in intelligence - like ever; in character strength - no; in skill - no; in

passion - no. Cloud - esp. CC Cloud - is THE BLANDEST of ALL FF

CHARACTERS. Heck, Cissnei has more life.

*Canon Sephiroth is above feelings such as love and regret, which is

actually a large part of the plot in one of my favorite Sephiroth/Cloud

stories of all time, Purefoysgirl's “Eromenos: The Beginning ”. This story

is a brilliant example of canon taken, exploited and dissected to yield a

rich and plausible plot.*

I have not read it and I have no idea. Honestly. So I cannot judge. But

look up and think - were all of it explained?

*I'm confused, are you stating that Sephiroth, the God, NEEDS Cloud, the

lowly human? Dependence is a sign of weakness and Sephiroth is anything

but. It is not irrational to stipulate that Sephiroth CHOOSES Cloud, time

and again. If he is not obsessed with or fixated on Cloud for one reason

or another then the writers at Square are sending some mixed signals. *

And that is why we return to canon.

Sephiroth 'needs' CLoud because:

- Reunion; he needs to 'give up' his Jenova cells.

- In canon there is a difference between Sephiroth and Jenova, assuming

Sephiroth's form, being his avatar. Jenova avatar isn't as strong as

Sephrioth. The group takes the BM from Jenova's avatar and Sephiroth needs

it back. He chooses Cloud because he has Jenova cells - he can manipulate

him. There is no mystery there.

There is nothing special about Sephiroth choosing Cloud. At all. At least,

not due to Cloud's char. Cloud has Jenova cells, the ONLY one left with

them (Genesis aside, but in FF7 canon there was no Genesis, a plot hole,

yes). Cloud is the only one he can easily manipulate to get to his goal.

And fixation? Don't get me wrong. Hatred is fixation; I pointed it out.

It's just there is nothing weird in it or even remotely romantic. ONe

wants the other dead. How is it for an unexplained fixation? The nature of

it is very simple. Hatred and desire to avenge.

*That does not say much for love or even friendship, does it? It is nice

to picture Sephiroth and Genesis holding hands and going out for ice

cream, but in CANON, there is no indication that they were as close or as

on good of terms as you presume.*

There is, plenty, you just missed them. Again - persona bias?

How about Sephiroth stating - we were having fun in the training room when

the seconds were out? For multiple times before hte infamous training

scene. Coming from someone like Sephiroth - it's a LOT. How about

Sephiroth actually trying to HELP Genesis after the sparring scene when

his injury would not heal? Remember when he wanted to donate his blood?

Yes, training scene is a display of jealousy and could have ended in

death. But it's more like heat of the moment and due to the fact that

Sephiroth isn't the sanest person, no matter what or when. And I firmly

believe someone like him is capable of killing his own love even if he

loves him and that love stands in his way for for him ambitions are always

on the main spot.

*but it is obvious that no matter what either one of us says, this is all

a matter of personal preference. A skilled writer can make almost any

pairing believable. Canon leaves many holes to be filled with imagination.

In the story I mentioned earlier, for example, Cloud did not have a good

relationship with his mother. In fact, there was a history of child abuse.

The writer used that we know nothing about Cloud's father and little about

his mother and turned it into a scenario where we can assume that Cloud

would not be that affected by her death. Aeris? How long and well did he

know her really? Did she even know him, not Zack's memories, but him, at

all? What do we really know of Sephiroth? Could it be that he still awaits

at the bottom of the reactor? *

And again... CANON is much less ambiguous than you think.

Why would Cloud ran after Sephiroth in blind frenzy if he did not care

about his mother or his hometown or Tifa? Why is it explicitly pointed out

that Cloud still feels guilt for letting Aerith down in ACC 2 years LATER?

Or that they could have had a love relationship in canon even?

And what do we really know of Sephiroth? Read FF7 Ultimania Omega if you

want to find out. There producers explicitly point out that Sephiroth IS

in control of Jenova and his life essence is with her in the NC all the

time.

Over all - Seph/CLoud has little to none logic, no matter how you look at it. CANON that is. But what is the reason to make Cloud or Sephiroth into who they are not. Don't get me wrong, imagination if good and all, but what's the point or simply re-writing canon and chars however we want them to be instead of just writing our own plot?
KimberlyPetersen1 at Gmail chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Nephilim Rising

I would PM you, but I don't have an account or want one. I apologize for making you uncomfortable.

I have a few remarks to your statements - here they go:

“Hmmmm... How about - for about 4 years before and a bit during CC Genesis and Sephiroth WERE FRIENDS! And quite close friends if you ask ME (and canon). I do wonder why they were close friends... LOL.”

Perhaps, because they were close in age, rank, intellect and abilities. Being “close friends” does not equate sexual intimacy, in most cases.

“How about Sephiroth and Cloud? The only time of their interactions is FF7. When, citing CANON, Sephiroth clearly thought:

(FF7 script)

Sephiroth: But they...

Those worthless creatures (humans)

are stealing the planet from Mother

I can site many more examples of him thinking along the same lines. And Cloud was HUMAN! So?”

A HUMAN that bested him three times and perturbed him enough that it transmitted to the consciousness of his remnants. Remnants who called said HUMAN brother, the “Black Sheep” of their “Happy Flock”. Seems like Cloud wasn't considered so lowly an entity after all. Of course, canon Sephiroth considered himself a God, so this is not to say that he thought Cloud was anywhere near his level, but a common, worthless human? I strongly disagree.

“You know, it's only in fangirl's insane imagination when Sephiroth and Cloud clearly HATED each other IN FF7 CANON for various VERY CLEAR AND VALID reasons (like Sephiroth killing Cloud's mother and Cloud thwarting Sephiroth's plans), they would actually end up in a loving relationship.”

I'm under the impression that you spend quite a bit of time devoted to FF7 fan fiction and you seem to have most formidable convictions about a hypothetical pairing within it, yet you are not a fangirl? There is nothing wrong with that, you know? Your work is exquisite, by the way.

Sephiroth, enigmatic creature that he is, is very hard to read. Genesis on the other hand, was too transparent for his own good. It was very clear that he envied Sephiroth and held a lot against him. Whether he hated him is arguable, but if you view some of the cut-scenes, it is evident that even as “close friends” Genesis' behavior towards Sephiroth screamed malice and animosity. Take his demeanor in the training room before he sparred with Sephiroth alongside Angeal, before it got ugly, and compare it to the scene where he interacts with Zack, a near stranger, in Banora.

Someone with a strategically inclined mind such as Sephiroth would be unlikely to trust someone as seemingly devious as Genesis enough to have an intimate relationship. As far as Sephiroth and Cloud winding up in a loving relationship, I agree, most of the time it is written in a laughable manner. Canon Sephiroth is above feelings such as love and regret, which is actually a large part of the plot in one of my favorite Sephiroth/Cloud stories of all time, Purefoysgirl's “Eromenos: The Beginning ”. This story is a brilliant example of canon taken, exploited and dissected to yield a rich and plausible plot.

“And THIS... O_O

*Don't forget that Sephiroth has a wird ficsation almost obsession for Cloud that can be used for yaoi plots.*

Back to fangirls again. 'Wird fixation' which I guess is weird fixation is quite simply and awfully easily explained. Sephiroth needs to USE and KILL Cloud to gain his godhood. Plain and simple. Need I direct you to CANON again? What happened when Cloud finally handed the Black Materia to Sephiroth? The cave collapsed and Cloud nearly died (actually HAD to die, but then, oops, the hero would not win). Why? Because once Cloud fulfilled his purpose, Sephiroth simply DID NOT NEED HIM ANY LONGER!”

I'm confused, are you stating that Sephiroth, the God, NEEDS Cloud, the lowly human? Dependence is a sign of weakness and Sephiroth is anything but. It is not irrational to stipulate that Sephiroth CHOOSES Cloud, time and again. If he is not obsessed with or fixated on Cloud for one reason or another then the writers at Square are sending some mixed signals.

I wonder what would have happened if Angeal had not intervened during the spar in the training room? I mean, Sephiroth's theme song does not come on for just any reason. Furthermore, Sephiroth walked away from Genesis in his greatest time of need, prior to “going insane” and learning he was a God. That does not say much for love or even friendship, does it? It is nice to picture Sephiroth and Genesis holding hands and going out for ice cream, but in CANON, there is no indication that they were as close or as on good of terms as you presume.

I could go on for hours because this is an interesting topic and you make some good points, but it is obvious that no matter what either one of us says, this is all a matter of personal preference. A skilled writer can make almost any pairing believable. Canon leaves many holes to be filled with imagination. In the story I mentioned earlier, for example, Cloud did not have a good relationship with his mother. In fact, there was a history of child abuse. The writer used that we know nothing about Cloud's father and little about his mother and turned it into a scenario where we can assume that Cloud would not be that affected by her death. Aeris? How long and well did he know her really? Did she even know him, not Zack's memories, but him, at all? What do we really know of Sephiroth? Could it be that he still awaits at the bottom of the reactor?

I would not put it past the writers at Square. Look how they took the original and tied it in with prequels, sequels, and spinoffs that were not written or even thought of 10 years ago. That is the beauty of creativity. Lastly, this is it, I swear...look at how many different interpretations have been made of the Bible. The only one that is correct, is the one that seems right or works for you. The same can be said for SephirothXAnybody. There is NOT one pairing more canon than the other. It is FICTION. No matter how logical or accurate YOU think it seems, it does not change the fact that YOU MADE IT UP.
Nephilim Rising chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
It's kind of uncomfortable that people review anon. I prefer PMs this way. But ok. I just really O_O when people talk about canon and argumentation and make their arguments like this...

So your arguments are: some two heterosexual dudes found S/C plausible. Nice. How about - my two friends who are heterosexual and adults find S/C as laughable as a moon made of cheese. And Sephiroth/Genesis almost canon. That's not argumentation. Neither is - I think Genesis will not bottom for anyone. And how would you know? Gay people who bottom can be very very deceivingly straight looking even.

The problem is canon. And facts. As I stated out below.

The connection between the two exists - hatred. Very strong one, too. Also, Sephiroth maintains his life and ego partially because Cloud is alive and he feeds off those memories and hatred.

But excuse me? Love? Love to a human being who Sephiroth concluded to be worthless and himself - higher and better than all of them?

You know... how could you say something like - Cloud would love Sephiroth after he killed his mother? Aerith? Like seriously? You of course can watch a game and prefer to see whatever you want to. Because those are pixels and not your own family. But sleeping with a guy who murdered you family and dear friends is so unrealistic that I don't even know why this has to be addressed.

It doesn't look better from Sephiroth's side. Cloud hurt his pride - and look how much his own pride means to Sephiroth. Cloud thwarted his plans. He did not forgive Shin-Ra the experiments, but of course he would forgive Cloud his actions. Nice logic.

I can give you other examples. Voldemort and Harry Potter. I am no fan of serious so I am totally unbiased. There was even a stronger connection between them at one point - they shared THOUGHTS! But how does it mean LOVE? Out of what corners of imagination comes the notion that they could love each other?

Or for you: well, they both had Jenova cells and Sephiroth could through them manipulate Cloud and use him in his goal love? Or a hint on romantic connection? Or to a one that could possibly turn romantic?

Think of it like this: what if Sephiroth won in FF7? What do you think would happen? Cloud would die and the history of their connection with him. The only reason it exists is because Sephiroth keeps losing (a good guy always wins, of course *eye roll*). Should he win at least once... you get the picture. He would not need Cloud any more.
MrsMalfoy chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
I remember being a kid and hearing my brother and his best friend say things like man this dude is totally gay for me! With “this dude” being Sephiroth and “me” being Cloud when they played Final Fantasy VII. It only got worse when they played Kingdom Hearts and years later when all three of us watched Advent Children.

I bring this up because if these two heterosexual males who don't even know slash exists are under the impression that Cloud and Sephiroth totally want each other, there must be something to it? And no, they don't joke about everything like this. They legitimately think there is something fishy about those two. If I didn't think it would traumatize them I might have them read this and record their perspective on the whole thing as they have raised some valid points throughout the years XD

That being said, it's hard to discard Sephiroth/Cloud as not canon or not believable, and I really can't picture Sephiroth or Genesis bottoming for anyone under any circumstance so that presents a problem, if you are basing your theory so much on realism. I understand what it's like not to like a character or pairing, like Cid/Vincent (yuck IMO) but I'm not going to ridicule the notion of it or the people that take their time to read/write it. Overall, I think this needs serious improvement. I don't mean that it needs to be pro Sephiroth/Cloud, there just needs to be more substance and facts, not just preferences for it to be closer to canon and taken seriously.

FYI, my OTP is Sephiroth/Vincent so no, I'm not a biased Cloud fangirl XD
Oh people. :) I just could not not say a word because... CANON! AAAH! :D

TO Anon Coward (nice name, btw, because, well, you obviously didn't expect a response ;D).

*Both pairings are highly unlikely if you ask me*

(FF7 script)

Sephiroth: But they...

Those worthless creatures (humans)

are stealing the planet from Mother

And THIS... O_O

There is NO obsession aside from - I REALLY NEED TO GET RID OF THIS GUY TO BECOME A GOD. Of course. Perfect premises for yaoi plots. Like... Sephiroth a rapist (sure as hell canon Sephiroth is such a horny, sex-crazed guy)? The FF7 fandom logic... IS ASTOUNDING!
ddtrunks77 chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Your story should be in humor not tragedy. It is funny. Exept you failed in this'attempt to write Sephiroth/Cloud in the most canon way possible with a philosophical/theoretical outlook'.

Why?. Well here it is.

-No one said Genesis was Sephiroth's ex. and the cannon story tends to have Genesis and Angeal closer than Genesis and Sephiroth. If you use the pretext that it is a fanfiction so it can be done (the S/ G) then so can the S/A , Z/S and S/C along with so muchu others. I suppose than most pairing can be done in a connon sort of way if the writters come with good plots and skills. (I have rad very good stories that seem almost cannon to me).Remember that there are no definite couples in the original with the exeption of Zack and Aerith; and even they can be made to love someother with the skills of some great writters.

-Cloud is not stupid or he would have died before the first fight with was a fanboy but only in crisis need to play the original game (or play it again) to apresiate the relationship Cloud and Sephiroth have.

-Don't forget that Sephiroth has a wird ficsation almost obsession for Cloud that can be used for yaoi plots.

-Sephiroth was not always insane.

- There are many things in the original story that are not define and or explained properly and can arouse speculations. Example: the Genesis there are Genesis clones..can it be that maybe all the Sephiroths that Cloud has been fighting with are clones to and the real Seph is dead or maybe somewere not insane any more , just like Genesis at the end of Dirge of Serverus? this idea can be a plot bunny for someone and make a good Cloud/Sephiroth story that can be (if well witten) made to blend inwith the cannon story.

You don't see a way to have them come together because you eather do not like the idea or have too little imagination (when it comes to this pairing).

I really hope you don't see this as a flame but as it is intended a but constructive critisism (can't spell that one).

Like I said I liked it. It is very funny.
Anonymous Coward chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
I love when these newbs (half the time not even old enough to read most of our stuff) make themselves out to be so authoritative. You were like, 3 when FF7 came out, am I right? Have you even played the original game? I'd be surprised, since you only made references to events in Crisis Core. Why does this matter? Because a truly relevant “Study On The Dynamics Of A SephxCloud Relationship” is lacking without a reflection on the (so very important) events of that time line as well. What makes Sephiroth/Genesis more canon than Sephiroth/Cloud? Your opinion? Both pairings are highly unlikely if you ask me, though I've only ever heard CLOUD get ordered by Sephiroth to get on his knees and beg. “You will rot,” not so sexy. Anyway, I'm not going to say the piece wasn't well written as far as grammar and vocabulary are concerned, nor do I truly care who Sephiroth shags or not. I enjoy him in almost any pairing. Now, why the flame? Because you wasted my time. Also, I meant to write you a less scathing review, something along the lines of “Hey, nicely written but I failed to see your point.” or “This doesn't really answer why people love Seph and Cloud together.” but then I made the mistake of viewing your profile and nearly vomited all over my pretty Generoth background at your pompousness. Think before you read? Think before you write, my dear.

“Author's Note: I gave myself a challenge - attempt to write Sephiroth/Cloud in the most canon way possible with a philosophical/theoretical outlook. This story is written in phases or theories which are common plots and reasons why people like Sephiroth/Cloud and love them together.“

This is an excellent prompt and I would love to see someone who really knows their stuff actually fulfill this challenge.
M chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Heh, I'm a total seph/cloud fanboy but...Yeah, it aint canon. At all. Then again, the main purpose of the majority of fanfiction seems to be non-canon pairings so hey, whatever.
Stephiroth chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

I clicked into this expecting to make myself angry with lame-o, canon excuses as to why sephXcloud pairing is the only pairing, but instead I was greeted with wonderful Sephisis narrative and a good old fashioned cloud bashing.

I'm so sick of all the usual reasons authors give as to why Seph would bother with cloud, or why cloud (post Nibelheim) would want anything to do with Seph.

Please continue on with these! It's great :D