Reviews for Can't Keep My Eyes From the Circling Sky
ARDingbat chapter 15 . 1/4
Hello, I know this was published and finished long ago, but I just wanted to let you know how great I thought this tale was!
I think for me this version of persuasion has stayed with me (I've reread this recently, because I remember enjoying it last time) for two reasons.
Firstly I like that the characters have a greater back story, so when Anne turns down Fred, it is more relatable to everyone who has been faced with major decisions in life and felt that they could not have it all. For me, it was to choose family and responsibilities, but I am starting to see now that It doesn't mean that I can't revisit and have some of my old dreams too, big parts of our lives can co-exist.
The second part was that I have always loved the idea of planes and helicopters, financially and then for above mentioned family responsibilities, I have only been on 2 plane trips, but I loved them so much. This story has inspired me to learn more about aviation and hopefully share it with my kids so it's not just a dream for them!
I wish you all the best with any future writing endeavours, and life adventures :)
Weave the Magic chapter 14 . 12/14/2013
Hi! I really love this story. As I said, one of the best 'Persuasion' stories I've read. It's a pity that there's not much reviews. I hope it does not mean less readership. One thing I observed though, based on my almost-not-reading-this, the descriptions of both your stories are vague. I admittedly passed this and read the others because "Cant Keep My Eyes..." sounded so far off from the original. Imagine my surprise when I finally read this. I think your 1st story and this 2nd one deserves more readers and even sold as a modern variation of Persuasion in Amazon. No kidding. The only re-write that I think it needs is the summary. :D
Weave the Magic chapter 15 . 10/20/2013
Beautiful! The family and wholeness of Anne and Frederick is in very well deserved by these two and what a happy eilogue for us to read.
This is one of the best Persuasion I've ever read. Thanks so much for sharing.
Weave the Magic chapter 13 . 10/20/2013
Many a times when both protagonists reach their happy conclusion, the story ends. Well we all know that Anne and Frederick ended together. These additional chapters as engaged/married(?) couple are feel good peeks for us on these two. Great chapter!
Weave the Magic chapter 12 . 10/20/2013
Awww... I love it! It's Frederick who picked up the pieces and fixed things between them, and he also charged on even after hearing the 'best friend' deadly terms spoken by Anne. Attaboy Fred! You made me proud and even love you more than the original Frederick.
I've always thought Frederick of Jane Eyre gives up too easily, pouting and stomping his foot when he cant get his way (when Elliot seems a threat to Anne) instead of trying to fight for his love. Acting like a spoiled boy despite the pain he caused Anne when he returned. It's this temper and petulant character of Frederick that I still see Fitzwilliam Darcy more superior as a partner.
But your Frederick, he just corrected the sins of the original in my eyes. ;)
Weave the Magic chapter 11 . 10/20/2013
Thank goodness Mr. and Mrs. Musgrove have a lot of sense. Lulu problem over. Great! Great! Great!
Weave the Magic chapter 10 . 10/20/2013
Really now?! The Musgrove group is actually seriously thinking Frederick has a relationship with a 19year old? Anne is probably green-eyed, but Charles should have cleared this up with Frederick long before as the older brother. Plus, what's wrong if the girls called up Fred, there's a lot of plausible reasons why Henrietta called somebody else instead of them. Number 1 reason, they are SCARED!
Weave the Magic chapter 9 . 10/20/2013
Eyes being opened. At last. Hopefully there will be less bumps on the way.
Weave the Magic chapter 8 . 10/19/2013
Ohhhh! Frederick admitted to himself that he's still stuck with Anne, glued, taped, double-sided and all! Yup Yup! If only he can see now that His Anne has actually been showing her loyalty to him by looking out for him. Great great chapter. You definitely know how to make your reader swoon.
Weave the Magic chapter 7 . 10/19/2013
Come on Fred, someone's got to rally behind Anne! You can do it! Time to show her your own brand of loyalty.
Weave the Magic chapter 6 . 10/19/2013
I like that you added the start of a friendship developing between the two and all started by Frederick. It's what I miss in the original Persuasion, not much contact before the exchange of I love yous..
Frederick wants to be called 'Coach' by the boys is very self-explanatory. But Anne choosing to misinterpret this just shows she is still unsure of their relationship, however friendly he's becoming.
Great cgapter!
Weave the Magic chapter 5 . 10/19/2013
I like the weekend adventure you've come-up for the group. Just one thing that I find peculiar, is Annie interpreting the closeness of Frederick to Lulu common to how others see it (which should alarm the Musgroves parents - HS girl and 34yr. Old man!) or is it out of jealousy?
The weekend I am sure is another eye-opener to Frederick, although he is still quite frustratingly obstinate on his beliefs. It's also nice to see Anne being boosted in spirits with the change in pace. Nice surprise to learn too that Charles is a childhood best friend of Anne. :)
Weave the Magic chapter 4 . 10/19/2013
So Frederick has somehow been overacting on his bid to show Annie she does not matter anymore. I like that both povs are shown. Also, I like the tone of Annie. Sure, she looks different from her college days, but she has a tone of maturity and self-assurance in her musings.
Weave the Magic chapter 3 . 10/19/2013
It's good that the 2 girls are teens for a change, minimal chances of having a love affair in everyone's mind. The Luisa affair can be tiring sometimes. I also like that Anne is actually working and in the field of her expertise. In the modern times, it would be a shame for her to be just looking after her nephews or to be under-employed. She's heartbroken and ill-used by her relatives but not turned dumb afterall.
Weave the Magic chapter 2 . 10/19/2013
I find the addition of the two kids quite adorable. I can foresee cute roles these two will be playing so the heartbroken lovers will always be meeting.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »