Reviews for The Omega
Guest chapter 27 . 9/13/2013
Excellent story
gleamfang chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Hey! Great first chapter!

Any idea where I can read if he should return? does not seem to have it

Cheers

Keep Writing
Ace chapter 10 . 8/29/2010
I have to wonder if I'm the only person that caught the 007: Tomorrow Never Dies reference in Odine's death scene.

Excellent job so far!
Hollie 'Pheoinx chapter 27 . 10/7/2009
I just don't know what to say or where to start. It was amazing, unbelievable. I haven't loved a story like this since The Orphan. Thank you so much for the laughing, the suspense and tears. You have helped rekindle my passion for this amazing game and everything it ever created in my imagination and yours.
Acerbus Wings chapter 27 . 7/19/2008
I remember reading this story quite seriously years ago and I never reviewed but since I finished re-reading it I figured I should.

This was one of the first fanfics I ever read and it's still one of the best not only in fanfiction but in novels I've read over the years (and trust me, I'm a grade A bookworm). A lot of it just has to do with the fact you make the characters so likable and real and I can hear them when I read. I love just how well connected the story is and all the foreshadowing. Things like Alexandra being reborn (I can't believe I missed it first read through...), the running line of 'cigarettes will kill you' only to have it happen to Draven of all people twice (lol, the first time, he REALLY should have read the Evil Overlord's list about granting last requests), the seeds, and the multiple reoccurring lines (the speech about even if everyone turns against you, I'll love you comes to mind).

Maybe it's my inner Seiftis fan but I just really liked the parallelism of situations with Laguna and Seifer. How they were both dreamers, how they both ended up making it to the top but both ended up regretting it afterwards, both their love interests owned bars, but in the end, Seifer makes the choice to leave all that behind and picks Quistis instead.

Overall, there's so many good moments I could pick. There's lots of moments that made me laugh out loud, great action, and lots of emotion. There's lots of emotion and parts like Squall/Rinoa's sorrow near the beginning, them meeting each other again, the slaughter at Galbadia Garden (describing the victims and giving them faces was a nice touch, THAT really made the scene), when junction Ultimecia/Galen are coming down on the broken Squall and Rinoa... it all just sticks out in my mind, even coming back to re-read it as well as rediscovering all sorts of scenes I had forgotten but still love.

There's probably a lot more I could say but my sleep-deprived mind won't let me think what it is right now. All I can say is that I really enjoyed this fic and congratulate you on writing and finishing an epic like this.

Small bits of critique:

-When I initially read the story the start feels really confusing because I never read the complete version of "The orphan" let alone "If he should return" (have now, for the record). While a lot of it begins to click in later chapters it's still a bit hard for first time reader.

-Small grammatical errors and missing words.

-In chapter 15-16 when it was Squall makes the choice to kill Galen feels a bit odd. The explanation you gave in later chapters about Ultimecia's spirit influencing people and the fact that the act is wrong I didn't have a problem with but I don't know...Rinoa's words about saving his soul and how it was cold-blooded murder feel kind of off considering they tried killing Edea/Ultimecia in Galbadia and then later killed Ultimecia in the future. It was just they way it was presented back then but it didn't really get across the feeling something was wrong and affecting Squall as much or the fact something external was pushing him to make that choice. Maybe it's because it was way past my bedtime when I read it...
debi6988 chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Chocobos chocobos, where are the chocobos? lol

sorry, but seriously...i'm glad i found this story again, i read it a long time ago and finally got it in my favorites. :-)

great story!
Rodarian chapter 27 . 11/25/2007
This my fifth time reading it and as usual, one of my all time favourites...
Chamira chapter 27 . 7/2/2006
Yay for spastic sleepdeprived reviewers! That was one of the most awesome well written stories I have ever read. I felt my eyes watering up at least half a dozen times. Omg yay for absolutely raving mad Draven, nice joke with the whole cigarrete joke. An underlying theme there maybe? XD

Also I don't know if its already been said but I believe that Xarsk (how the HECK do you pronounce that name anyway?) was Seifer's descendant, not ancestor.

Hey did Seifer ever find out that Laguna was Squall's dad? I can't remember if he did...

If feel so sad now, the story is over... I think I'm going to cry... T_T

...Or maybe its the lack of sleep I better go to bed... I have to get up in like ... 2 hours :D
Chamira chapter 21 . 7/2/2006
Omg you really know how to make the world come to an end don't you? God I am so addicted to this story, I just can't stop! I haven't eaten or slept and I really need to shower but I can't!

I love your humour and your plot is so...so...so BIG! How the heck do writers like you get your plot ideas from? I wish I knew. Its amazing how you can control the suspense of the story the way you do. You manage to build it perfectly.

Gah! just OMG, OMG, OMG, LOL!
Happy Fingers chapter 2 . 5/8/2006
Lokking good, i think it's good to know this is complete and well thought out. The layout of the page just screams the amount of time and effort you have put into this. Thanks.
Blue chapter 27 . 1/20/2006
That's a spectacular piece of fiction my friend. You did such an excellent job conveying emotion and feeling. This was such a 'real' story. Awesome, just simply fantastically awesome.
Inferiority Complex chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
I just finished reading through this, and I'm impressed. In terms of scale, it's on par with the game itself. Ironically, a small mission in Timber is the start of a much more complex and grand story, exactly as it was in FF8. Well written for the most part, and a good read. Great ending.

The only glaring problem I had with the plot was the cheapening of Squall's life. They're two instances of Squall supposedly being killed, only to be broughten back. One time would have been fine I suppose, but the second (w/ his body being an image from Rinoa) really cheapened the suspense and credibility of the plot. It toyed with the reader and actually put me off a little bit.

With that being the only flaw, you captured the characters well and the dialogue was usually very strong and true to the game. Good story.
no name chapter 27 . 11/4/2005
tell u the truth i hav been reading fics 4 2 years and yet i never hav reviewed a story but ur story is jus too great to go without any praise,. So bravo
johnny chapter 6 . 7/3/2005
After hearing many mentioning of this story by others, I am now reading it. This is calling up many old memories for me, for I had once spent seven years searching for someone that was lost to me. I know how Squall feels. I was a mess myself too heh.

The usage of lyrics and rhymes get a little much at times in this story, but generally they are well placed. I do have problem following the story though, mainly because I have never played the game or read the stories that this one is born from.

Keep up the good work.
YaYa chapter 27 . 12/28/2004
I have to say this is the BEST fanfic I've ever read. The plot was layout brilliantly, the essence of the characters were captured precisely in actions as well as in dialogues, and of course, all the epic scences are just too irresistable to stop reading. I am glad I am on vacation so I have the time to read straight through it and indulge myself in the fantasy world and the legend of SeeDs again. I abosolutely love the story and I deeply admire the author's accomplishment. I recommend it to anyone who would like to relive the amazing world of FFVI.