Reviews for Drown Upon the Sky
Nadezhdaa chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
I am in such a Greek mythology mood right now and it probably doesn't help that I've been listening to "Orestes" on repeat for the majority of the day.

I loved this, so much, like, you don't even know. When Icarus jumped from the window, I swear you could've heard my heart jump into my throat. You described the fear so beautifully that I felt it myself... and then the pure exhilaration of his part during the second he feels the wind catch him (and the relief on mine) was just amazing. When he fell, it was just so... REAL. I don't react to stories in that way very often, so kudos to you.

My favorite lines were: "Think of it like an adventure. And the curious boy—the trusting boy, the fool boy—had gloried in the realm of Zeus, and sought to court the sun itself." The emphasis on the fact that Icarus was truly just a boy makes it worse (in a good way, of course). Wrenches my little heart in two.

I'm really saddened at the lack of good Daedalus/Icarus fanfics, but yours is fantastic. Probably the best I've found so far. I'd love to see more from you, if that is at all possible 8D