Reviews for Death Is For The Alive
Guest chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
Hello! I love your fic so much! I actually am from the Netherlands and I laughed my ass of at your discription haha keep up the good work!
Kagetora no Tsume chapter 35 . 12/30/2013
This was unquestionably the best way to end this fic. I loved every second of this, and I thank you so much for writing it (even if my wailing over chapters at 4 in the morning nearly woke everyone in my house). Your writing style is probably one of my favorites, published works included, and I hope that one day I will able to compose a story as eloquently as you can. Thank you once again for this wonderful fanfic, I had so much fun reading it! Best of luck with your future projects!
Kage
GlitterFrog chapter 35 . 12/29/2013
And so it's over- bask in the afterglow, or cry? Decisions, decisions... But in all seriousness, you've completed an epic. Congratulations! There's really no other way for me to review your story than to compare it to Sweeney romancing Nellie. It knows just where to linger, warm the reader, and overwhelm said reader. Sometimes it's heartbreaking and hard to get through. Other times it glows with passion and temper. And then there are the times it makes its lucky readers writhe in fangirly (I don't know how to describe the masculine fan reader's delight) bliss and takes their breath away. This story is unbelievably beautiful, exquisitely detailed and extraordinarily well-crafted. You've created more than a story- you've created an entire WORLD, complete with living, breathing characters that don't exist only to give fangirls a shot at ensnaring Sweeney. You know Sweeney and Nellie inside and out and genuinely love them, and that SHOWS. Your passion for Sondheim's and Burton's story is what makes this story amazing and breathes life into each chapter. DIFTA deserves every scrap of love and lauding that this fandom can give it! There's really no way for you to be modest about this. ;) I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed taking this journey with Sweeney and Nellie, but I've tried. Thank you for writing, and thank you for cooperating with your friends even when they got really honked off. (which really is no laughing matter) This is a plausible love story that could have well followed the movie, which now gets me through the heartbreaking ending- ha ha! (p.s. Thank you so much for reuniting Nellie and Toby! 3) This is one reader who will be reading anything remotely Sweenett or Sweeney Todd-related that your fertile imagination conjures up. (hugs)
SimplySinful21 chapter 35 . 12/28/2013
Congratulations on finishing this wonderful fanfic! I can't wait for your next work of art!
dionne dance chapter 35 . 12/27/2013
I loved this epilogue! How wonderful to give Sweeney and Nellie a quest, and what a creative way to have them solve the issues! Thanks for writing this wonderful story. I look forward to your next one.
Redejeka chapter 35 . 12/26/2013
Congrats for finishing your story. I'm hoping to read more from you :)
EleKat chapter 35 . 12/26/2013
I loved the story! I wish it didnt have to end!
xfoundmyselfinwonderlandx chapter 35 . 12/26/2013
OMH SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FIC I LOVED IT FROM START TO END AND I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS OVER! I probably will re-read it so the whole story can flow without interruptions. The ending was pure genius though! I loved it so much, and I never would've guessed that this would be how it ends. But know that I have read, I can't think of any other way that it possibly could've ended. I look forward to future fics from you and I can't wait to read them
Paperclip-Assassin chapter 35 . 12/26/2013
Mh this is gonna be tough.

So.. you know that I only started reading this 5 months ago and fell in love instantly. And while I admit that I was very unsure about how you could end this in a satisfactory way I can tell you now that - even while I never expected this outcome - I find this ending absolutely wonderful. I cried at the ending. Hard. And I was shaking. So it took me like a good 15 minutes until I could write this review.

I have already told you how much I appreciate your writing and how happy I am to have authors like you who not only share their wonderful imagination but also manage to wrap them up beautifully with well chosen words. I think the beauty of your writing is that you very well know what you're capable of anf are aware of your talent, still your writing isn't smug or anything but simply honest. And this honesty is what captures a reader's attention. I may not know you personally but I do believe with all my heart that you stay true to yourself when you write. Now it might seem that every writer 'stays true to themselves' cause everyone has a certain style of writing. But staying true to oneself and staying true to one's style of writing are two painfully different things because only with the first do you truly touch a reader.

To your story again - I love how you gave them closure and even fictionalised the development from the Penny Dreadful (which is one of my more treasured books in my bookshelf) to the final outcome and "the right story". It's just brilliant and I bow before you.

I really have nothing more to add but to Thank you again. Thank you for writing this. Thank you for replying to reviews. Thank you for making some of my darker days brighter and some of the bright ones even more so. Thank you. I cry a lot when it comes to things I love but that doesn't mean that the tears I shed today are insincere. I'm so happy this story exists.

Love always,
Miri
MapleCandys chapter 35 . 12/26/2013
that was the perfect ending, i was unsure of what you were going to do because i thought that the epilogue was jist going to be about their relationship and its development but this suited their characters and the fic itself perfectly,still im sad its over, but you did a marvelous job, congratulations and good luck for future fics :)
NellieLovet chapter 35 . 12/26/2013
Thank you, Defying ) This one is been one of my favourite fics on FF I'm not sad it concluded, because it feels complete and, things are what they are, right? I'm so happy I read it all. Good ending for a never ending fic ) Loved it. Really.
Lady Musket chapter 34 . 12/23/2013
I pity Toby so much it hurts.
Guest chapter 34 . 12/21/2013
ah simplesmente NAO PODE TER ACABADO !como assim!?
NAO,NAO E NAO!
eu a.d.o.r.e.i. essa fic foi a melhor que eu ja li mais ...acabou assim ...?
nao, nao pode ter acabado assim...tipo,nao porque acabou ruim,mas porque tem que continuar!
sei que to atrasada mais o que custa continuar .essa fic ta mega. hiper. super. power. foda!
EleKat chapter 34 . 12/20/2013
I love it! Please update again soon!
Redejeka chapter 34 . 12/20/2013
This chapter is very emotional for me. I cannot take what happened to poor Toby. He's one of my favorite. :(

I really love this, though it makes my heart sweell with sadness. But eh, i'm glad that Toby is still willing to hear Nellie. I wish i'd see them together on Is.
495 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »