Reviews for Death Is For The Alive
MsStardust chapter 4 . 11/5/2011
I'm a bit too lazy to log in at the moment, but I'll be reviewing under this name again I'm sure.

Please, Please continue! This is fantastically well written and beautifully in character! I love it!
ToddLover13 chapter 4 . 11/5/2011
Poor Sweeney. Feels like he has nothing to live for anymore. Great chapter. Please update soon.

- Katie
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 4 . 11/5/2011
Wow. This chapter was so unbelievably sad. I could really feel the depression and desperation radiating off Sweeney. Mrs. Lovett's part was really sad too, especially when she was thinking about Toby and the fact that she didn't have enough time on earth. It was touching how she couldn't bring herself to turn over the sign... I can't wait to read about Nellie's attempt to talk to Sweeney. Once again, this chapter is so beautifully written and emotional, perfect!
NellieLovet chapter 4 . 11/5/2011
Girl! You have excelled yourself this time! I LOVE it, this was just... brilliant!

Mrs Lovett's part was the, perhaps, funniest and saddest thing I have ever read about her. And Mr Todd... well... He deserves it, doesn't he? Still sad, though...

But... well, every demon has its hell, I supposed this is Mr Todd's one.

Keep doing! I'll be here to read :)
nachoez chapter 3 . 10/9/2011
I adore this! You are a brilliant writer, and I love your descriptions and the fragments of memory. Your concept of the afterlife is very interesting. I really hope Sweeney finds Lucy... if she's even there. Please update soon!
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 3 . 9/25/2011
Oh, poor Sweeney! He just can't get the happy ending he wants, can he? But I can't say I'm sad about it, Lucy being there would have distracted him from Lovett... But maybe you'll still come up with some twist.

I really enjoyed how you got Sweeney down in this chapter, it is so, so much like him to keep trying to find Lucy even though he can hardly walk anymore, even though he's already fainted once, totally banning the fact that she might not be there from his mind. That's just the manic, driven Sweeney-way. It was also pretty in-character for him to not understand why someone wanted to help him without having an ulterior motive, Sweeney doesn't believe that people want to help just because. Another thing I liked was that his thoughts kept wandering back to Mrs. Lovett, especially when Eloise reminded him of her and of Lucy at the same time. Eloise seems to be an awesome character, I hope we'll see more of her soon. It's interesting that she comes across as not really being a child, but not being quite grown-up either, I guess that's what you get if you've been a child ghost for five hundred years. I also can't wait for Sweeney's and Mrs. Lovett's next encounter! But for now, he'll have a hard time accepting that he won't be able to find his wife right now. This story is amazing. :D
wintmint4 chapter 3 . 9/25/2011
Great job! And, I love Eloise- she made me laugh:) Anyway, this chapter absolutely made my day. Awesome job!
ToddLover13 chapter 3 . 9/24/2011
Aww poor Sweeney misses Lucy. :( great chapter! :) I hope we see more of Eloise.
Reviewer17 chapter 2 . 9/1/2011
Wow, this is of the best "afterlife" story i've ever read! I love how its not all fluffy yet not uber dark either. Update soon, cuz i can't wait to see where this goes!
wintmint4 chapter 2 . 8/13/2011
Oh. My. God! I Lovett (hehe, get it?) This is very well written! And, was the idea of the name 'Is' given by 'Oz'? Just curious:) Anyway, awesome job! Can't wait to read more
ToddLover13 chapter 2 . 8/13/2011
This was a really good chapter. The place is named Is so that must be confusing at times. update soon please!
wraith17 chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
Aww man this rocks! You are awesome my friend a totally new (at least that I know of) concept for the afterlife. Coolio and on a side note Todd is a hypocritical jack-ass, don't cha think? hehe ;P
Charmingly-Evil chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
awesome update! i really like the plot of this. can't wait for the next chapter! :)
BleedingNissa chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
This is extremely interesting. I'm loving it already. Cannot wait for the next update!(:
Sheila Chiaroscura chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
I think I may have said this before, but this. is. awesome. I love that this chapter is written from Nellie's point of view, her reaction to her death was really for her, I think. You got her personality down perfectly.

'Nellie was normally a patient woman. She had waited patiently until every member of her family was awake before opening Christmas presents as a child, waited patiently while her parents found her a husband, waited patiently for the child she realized later she could never birth, for her love to come home to her, for her pies to bake, for her clothes to dry, for Toby to relinquish her gin bottle, for her barber to notice her, for her nightmares to end. . .' Thisis so sad, and describes her perfectly.

I also liked the part where she recollects her death in the fire, very realistic, if that's at all possible. 'It burns, it burns, it burns, oh God does it burn, and it's everywhere, eating her up, devouring her, and if it didn't hurt as much as the fires of hell then she might find it ironically amusing that she is to die by her own oven. All the while she is staring, staring into his eyes, and they stare back at her, so dark and so angry and so hateful and – damn them – still so beautiful, and even after he slams the door those eyes still stare at her through the grate, staring, staring, and then the grate shuts and everything is black.'

Poor her, I can totally understand that she wants nothing but move on without Sweeney now. It's hard to imagine how hurt she must be, although she expected dying by his hands as soon as he found out about Lucy... Ignoring him may be difficult though, what with him living across the hall from her and antagonizing her like he did; but at least he's not ignoring her completely; I'm excited to read how their relationship will develop from this point.

Something I also particularly love about this story is your way of dealing with the afterlife. I liked it that you didn't divide it into hell and heaven, and it was really logical that people who are ghosts would want to keep a regular schedule; living without directions really must be frustrating. It was great how you brought in so many details, like the explanation with the hallucinations, the clock, and the weird 'Is' sayings. And poor Sweeney can't be a barber... I admire you for creating such a well thought-out world for the ghosts. I can't wait to read on; and sorry for the lenghty review :D
490 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 Next »