Reviews for An enemy's farewell
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
That was actually really cool!

Chauvelin and Percy were friends for a short moment.

I'm glad that Percy and Margeurite are going to watch over Fleurette.
Roronoa Emi chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Very sad. Despite everything that Chauvelin did, I still can't hate him. And anyone who loves their child as he did is not all bad.
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
This is very sweet, and sad...Sir Percy knotting Chauvelin's cravat at the conclusion of their interview is an especially nice touch, but it is particularly sweet for him to share the news that Chauvelin will have left a grandchild behind...and that Percy himself is expecting to become a father..

The only historical note here is that, while Baroness Orczy left Chauvelin's end deliberately ambiguous (it is implied that he will meet his end after Robespierre's execution, but never explicitly stated) and several fine writers on this list serve have imagined Chauvelin's execution, the historical character on whom Orczy loosely based Chauvelin actually survived the Terror, if memory serves, and wound up working for the Directory, and subsequent French administrations...sort of like Talleyrand!

Somewhere in all that experience, I wonder if he finally learned to tie his own cravat!

Great Story,