Reviews for Won't Let You Go
this is sweet
DarkSecretWaterbender chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
I love this!
may96 chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I think this is well written... although it's really sad too.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
This is a really great story. I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for angst with happy endings. Just like this one. Maybe I'm sadistic, I don't know.. anyways, really good and sweet story you have there.
RollingStars chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Great story :)
luna-lovegood91 chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
I couldn't stop reading this story. I think I re-read it like, 15 times.

I'm a sucker for main characters being injured, so I guess I'm like you in that sense!

I don't have any criticism. It was very well written, the characters all stayed in character, and it made me FEEL something. Fanfiction usually doesn't do that! So great job!
tophness chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Oh wow that was scary. I almost couldn't read through the love confession because I thought it would end badly (badly as in Aang dying D'X). But then I read through the healing and I saw that everything was going to be okay so I went back and rwad the love confession. It was sweet. And the ending was sweet. Loved this story.
Sueanoi chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
As I read the summary, I had an evil grin on my face, and screamed "This is JUST my kind of fanfiction!"

I'm an Aang fan, but sorry, Aang. I'm a sadistic fan. XD

Yes, LES. I'm a sadist, too.

and when I finished reading, I just have to reread and reread and reread again because It's SO GOOD! I totally LOVE it! :D

Looking forward to more of this kind.
Spender Loks chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
I liked this story very much! I'm a fan of the darker, more violent side of Avatar, that sadly isn't able to come through in a children's cartoon. And a little Kataang fluff never hurt anyone.

I just have a few critiques and suggestions I'll leave here:

When Aang was wounded and slipping into unconsciousness, you focused almost entirely on the characters-which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I would have liked to see some more description of the scene-if only to complete the image in my mind. Additionally, the tone of that passage provided a nice opportunity for some mise-en-scene, if you're familiar with that term. Further use of imagery and descriptive language would create a kind of spotlight on the action, especially if you emphasize the darkness around the characters. This intensifies the mood in the reader's mind and makes for a more immersing read, in my opinion. On the other side of the coin, however, overuse of such techniques can distract from the character's emotions and dilute the reader's empathy with their feelings in the moment.

I would note that, while it is indeed sage advice to avoid doing so, removing the implement from a stabbing wound is not an instant death sentence. It merely intensifies the bleeding, which can be deadly in a situation where medical attention isn't available. Granted, I'm not familiar with gaping stab wounds through the abdomen, but I think that Katara would have plenty of time to heal Aang if the blade was removed. If anything, she should be able to staunch the majority of the bleeding quickly, and then focus on rebuilding and repairing his inner workings. To me, you emphasized not removing the blade a little too much. Again, however, I'm not a boy scout, an EMT, or a murderer, so I'm not intimately familiar with the workings of a massive stab wound. Take my advice with the appropriate grains of salt.

And finally, you made one little error where you used "bare" instead of "bear." While it is true that the verb form does not mean "to large, furry, clawed mammal," the verb meaning to carry or to heft is spelled the same.

Overall, though, I liked this story. It had the proper amount of darkness to that close call, and did well to capture the emotions of the characters throughout the ordeal.

Happy writing,

~Spender
CalleighB chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Wow, what a well written story! It's timely too, because every time I see that statue of Aang in the Korra video I realize he's passed and it makes me more than a little sad. Very good story!
Mithendel chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Awesome story LES :) it was just to good XD
melpos chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Wow. This is a beautifully written piece. All of the characters are in character and this seems like something that would actually happen. Yay for the Kataang anniversary! :D