Reviews for Ash Vs Paul
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
this was, if possible more pathetic. Its obvious that you're a charizard fanboy considering that you used game or anime mechanics when it suites you. Considering that anime sceptile has proven himself to be on almost equal footing as charizard and the others poke, falling to crappy and worse, SLOWER opponnent, i prefer at least the battle from the series. That way i can ignore your pretentious shitty recreation with crappy game strategies
RaidenUzumaki14 chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
so glad you did this. by now he could have feraligator and a charizard plus a snorlax and pikachu and sceptile and noctowl. noctowl cause of the dual type. i honestly feel if he used that as his main team he would rarely lose. the only time he ever did anything of merit was when he beat the battle frontier. and in that series he rotated his pokemon. youd think he would figure it out by now.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Loved it!
JediMasterDraco chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
There is no way in hell that Hunchcrow is at Sceptile's level. Quite simply Sceptile is Ash's Hoenn powerhouse. And also Glalie? Really?
zac chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
loved it ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
I complain of PIKACHU the GREAT not beating anyone, and of Ash's seriousness. That makes it boring. But all things else it was great!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Even if Ash had done it this way I still feel he would have used his Chimchar in this battle to prove a point to Paul about a Pokémon’s strength and how he has benefited from being with Ash.

Great story and a good description of the battle, just that minor nitpick.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
If only Ash had a brain like this. The show would be far better if he would just use his trained pokemon... Oh well. Good work.
one hell of an otaku chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
that was AMAZING absolutely amazing i felt like i could actually see it happening as i was reading it. seriously this is so good and professional it could actually be an episode only waaay more awesomely epic it was awesome keep it up and keep being awesome
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Yep, this is what Ash should of done and how that battle should have turned out!
Jac the Shadow chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
I thought the battle was awesome! I have 3 things I loved about it!

1. Charizard OWNING half of Paul's Team. Bad ass!

2. Totodile/Croconaw annoying Paul.

3. Snorlax swatting Weavile away with a Focus Punch!
zlot chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Ooh! Battle story! I'm great at analyzing these (in my own opinion, and not a humble one at all)

Turn 1:

Why ice beam over ice punch? In fact, why an ice move over brick break? Mega punch is also a bad choice when body slam has a few more accuracy and an added effect.

Turn 2:

Body slam EQ is a definite ko against weavile.

Turn 3:

Ignoring the concious weavile and its double action, Brock is a bit wrong about belly drum. 50% of the user's total hp is removed upon using the attack rather than current hp.

Turn 4:

Turn 5:

Sleep talk marks the 5th move on that snorlax. I thought you'd like to know that.

Turn 6:

I appreciate your accuracy with focus punch; chosen by sleep talk, the charge up is negated. However, snorlax is known more for its special bulk rather than its physical bulk, and will surely fall to repeated 2 slash.

Also, ursaring? I thought weavile was out?

Turn 7:

No, snorlax can't take it.

Turn 8:

I'm skipping to the part where snorlax leaves the battle.

Turn 10:

That happened sooner than I anticipated. And tododile actually does not do damage off its 60~ base SpA. It's base 50~ Atk also doesn't do damage.

Turn 12:

Double action, really like those. Light screen to block aqua tail and crunch. The ideas of a tactical genius.

Turn TL;DR

Charizard would beat 3 pokemon at once. I think you portray his character importance too significantly. More than that, a flying pokemon against a grounded is actually a very bad fight for the flying. It has to close in to hit with its ranged attacks, and it has to approach to hit with close quarters attacks. Meanwhile, the grounded can do whatever until something happens from up above. Ursaring could have gotten 6 attack and just dodged charizard's attacks, loathe as I am to say "dodge"

The same concept applies to torterra, which is faster than the pervious forms no matter what anyone tells you. But I'd also like to take a look at the actual matches.

vs honchkrow:

Ridiculous. If anything, this shows an inherent weakness in Paul for his dependence on a "counter"

vs ursaring:

While falling face up, charizard cannot reliably dodge hyper beam and attack with air slash and not crash into the ground.

vs torterra:

I think horrible thoughts when attacks are used to block other attacks. You may as well say it's a perfect dodge. Frenzy plant at close range was tactical brilliance. We're going to give up our advantage of greater cq power by using a range attack in melee distance. Perfect. Stone edge would have been a much smarter choice. As would hovering slightly above ground for charizard, incidentally.

Just something personal about battles, I think a surprise ending is the absolute worst thing to pull writing a battle. If you'd like an example of the most easily expected ending of any battle I wrote, I can send the battle log along with the teams.

Oh yes, sceptile vs honchkrow.

The first move was sky attack. Sceptile gets two free actions to try to knock out honchkrow. These actions are swords dance and then thunderpunch. This beats honchkrow in one hit and sets up sceptile to do great damage to the rest of the opponent team. There was never a disadvantage to speak of but a lack of obscure information.

Well there's all my frustration with these. Bash my story too please?