Reviews for Flu season
3693742 chapter 5 . 4/5/2014
I see a lot of homonym confusion (to/too and the like), and a few small issues with the dialogue (said bookisms et al), but nothing really significant.

This is very good. I know it hasn't been updated in awhile, but it's always nice to read a medical professional's take on the apocalypse and I'd really love to see how Sam's adventure plays out. In fact, I might have to ask you a few questions for my own work.

Just a few suggestions: feed and farm supply stores often carry broad-spectrum antibiotics, and might be among the last places that people would think to loot. Though honestly even those probably wouldn't have much worth taking this late into the war. Best option might be to start looking for herbal remedies.

Pine needles and sweet gum bark can be brewed into a tea as a treatment for the flu; both contain shikimic acid, a key ingredient in Tamiflu. Willow bark has salicylic acid, same as aspirin. The tannic acid from leached acorns has antiviral and antiseptic properties. Wild garlic, wild onions and wild leeks/ramps are antibiotics (be careful here; a lot of poisonous plants look like members of Genus Allium, but none smell like them). There are many others of course, but those are just a few of the basics.
DTaylor201989 chapter 5 . 7/15/2012
another great chapter. can't wait for more. update soon
Guest chapter 4 . 7/3/2012
great chapter. can't wait for more
DTaylor201989 chapter 3 . 6/24/2012
interesting. i like it. can't wait for more. update soon
Chinagirl18 chapter 2 . 6/19/2012
Update! Update!

Updates are fun!

Updates we love!

Update! :)
Jadeblueafterglow17 chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
This is very cool. I would be interested to see how they would deal with a flu epidemic without the aid of medication, and also how this Sam character would be able to save herself and Tom from the mechs! Keep it going!
juli 8D1819 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
really great and believable oc's.I'm surprised that only 1 person reviewed this.I would really like if you keep writing this because There aren't many good falling skies fanfics
Alissiel chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I keep on checking to see if you updated. i've been really sad that you hadn't. i love the story and it's a good beginning. i checked again today and realized that you had no reviews! i could of sworn that i reviewed for you! i'm so sorry i really thought i did, i'm surprised no one else has, it's a great story. i understand now why you didn't update, you thought now one liked it, but i LOVE it and it would make me happy if you would update, XD