Reviews for Nabiki's legend
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
this is damn awesome and interesting. i cant wait to see what happens next and i would love to see more like it. please continue!
Drifter950 chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
I "have" noticed that the last entry is 05-24-04, but I have found the idea interesting enough that I have to hopw you will pick up the story again.
Silverscale chapter 2 . 12/19/2004
I like this you should updateitmore often.
Robert Garcia chapter 2 . 6/25/2004
Wow. Two years. But the story seems interesting. Please go on
Saki Xiashang chapter 2 . 5/24/2004
Alright, where to begin... First o all.. I like the idea... Its unique, though not ENTIRELY original; however, compaired to over 70% of what is on , its almost its own show script...
(Yes this is an exageration thank you other reviewers who can't take sarcasm and exhuberance)
YOu need to work on your grammar and a hint on your spelling, but its quite readable as it is...
I personally like the Ranma and Nabiki Pairing but if done well, the Ranma and Akane(Or other character) will do fine...
The actually storyline has potential but will get lost if you don't update a heck of a lot more often...
pthaelo chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
it was good, i think that the ending is a little whack. i think that ranma should still go after Akane, because i can't imagine kasumi being so tough.
LUCAS CHARLES chapter 1 . 12/14/2002
I WISH YOU WOULD FINISH THIS STORY .
Dan Inverse chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
Hmmm to saggit() I don't know how to explain this but somehow I don't know most people who voluntee to be my pre-reader either are not responding to my letter or don't respond at all!
Saggit chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
"I got bad English since it is not my languageā€¦please don't complain much about my English."

With due respect, I don't think anybody complains about your English-I certainly haven't. What I have noted, and many people have noted, is that you seem adverse to getting a good proofreader for whom English is their first language. As you have done this repeatedly, you indicate a lack of respect for your English readers, who really deserve better than to have their language treated in such a fashion. I'm pleased you are so ambitious as to tackle fanfiction in a second language. But would it be so difficult to seek a good proofreader that removed the large number of grammatical errors associated with your work?
Matthew London chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
Good idea. Just remember that Ranma is almost always willing to learn anythig related to martial arts, regardless of its origin, teacher/teaching method, and purpose. Plus don't let his sense of honor and morality be too much of a hinderence.
Karsus chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
Interesting.

Best start much later in the story. Possibly, just give a summary of past events, and start what should be a usual day in that AU(just before the Saffron caper).

Ranma possibly not being able to relate really to either girl, should preferably have been pushed away from them. May or may not survive the Saffron battle.(he'd need a higher power level, maybe if you somehow manage to keep the forbidden techniques, instead of the stupidity of locking them up forever, then he will be able to defeat Saffron).

Personally i've always thought that his victory over Saffron using those elemental weapons was lame.

Without Akane bashing his head, he should be in different straits. On the other hand, he might actually like Kasumi as a sorta older sister, once they get to know each other.

Akane, should be a less competant Ice Queen, and being hungry should get Soun back to working somewhat. :)

As for Nabiki. Well it really depends on what kind of teacher she found.

Genma is with his dangerous training techniques(assuming that you survive them) a good teacher for the most part. And i'd say that besides his cowardly behavior, he's probably plenty competant as a martial artist.

Now, the issue would be if being in extreme circumstances, can really be overcome.

I think that if Nabiki's teacher stresses more on meditation, mental strength, and ki, then she might be over his level... somehow(basic mind after all is Nabiki's, and women in general atleast don't have the same fighting instincts as men, and are generally not as strong or fast either(maybe a bit more precise in body handling though)

Nevertheless, Elle in ShadowSkill was most likely capable of defeating Ranma.. Not too sure how easily though, since i've not seen the Ranma anime.

Ranma might still be faster possibly.

Elle's chi attacks though, i expect may generally be stronger than Ranma's and her physical toughness, much greater i think.

So it would depend on how close Nabiki is to Elle.

And who her teacher was... (G maybe :) i wonder if that idiot could teach...

Supposing Elle to be her teacher, and her somehow mastering the art, like Elle's brother took so long to do, because he couldn't find his focus... she should be plenty powerful.

Ranma might have to depend on the Run Away technique eventually, since she's not likely to be defeated.

Could take a reasonable while for Ranma to reach that level. But i think that he'd be much stronger, if he combines his own skill with ShadowSkill.

Now that i've said all that...

I hope you'll write it :)

A ShadowSkilled Nabiki would make a good pair for Ranma(though i think that she'd be more sensible in general, though being a sensible person does not neccessarily give well to learning the higher arts). Ofcourse she could already have a guy(... just when Ranma finds a girl that he really likes ... :) )

And i think that Gau(whatever Elle's younger bro's name was), might be able to defeat Ranma as well, when he's found his mastery...

Could be lots of fun, if he comes with Nabiki wouldn't you say :)
Jeremiah2 chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
Interesting A/U cross over here. Would suggest you get a pre reader or proofreader to help your English out. Nice effort.
dswynne chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
I personally see Nabiki being within Ranma and Ryoga's range (at the beginning of the series). That means that she is fast, strong (can lift Ryoga's umbrella easily), and VERY much a challenge for Ranma and Ryoga (hey, Nabiki's strength lies in her guile). She wouldn't be anyone to sneeze at. By the time this fic ends, it should have followed the events leading to the wedding disaster. If Nabiki is a dedicated martial artist, she'd better be able to STILL provide Ranma and Ryoga a challenge (what would HER "Chi Attack" be?). Anyway, here's something to remember: Akane didn't become a "boy-hater" until Nabiki got involved (selling pictures, manipulating Kuno, etc.). Why would Akane become an Ice Queen? Furthermore, if Nabiki returns from her training trip after ten years, then she would show up at the same time that Ranma does. Picture this scene: Panda chases Ranma-chan, to get her to the Tendo residence for the first time (Ranma-chan would rather return to China to find a cure). Panda looses, but recovers to inflict a dirty blow. However, Panda is stopped when an umbrella from nowhere whacks the Panda instead. Ranma turns to see a girl sniffing indignantly. Is she an Amazon? Ranma thinks. Girl comments how much Nerima has changed since she was last in the area. Ranma questions girl if she's an Amazon. The girl looks at Ranma, and asks how much she was willing to pay for that information. Ranma turns in a huff, but is stopped when she is offers a quick meal or something as a favor. That's when the girl introduces herself as Nabiki Tendo, and escorts Ranma to her house. Panda wakes up and follows the two, since he recognizes Nabiki's last name. The rest is history. Nabiki, being on her own, simply uses her guile to survive on her own. She could be an "Ice Princess", thus leaving Akane to have her own personality. Just a thought.
Brian Drozd chapter 1 . 4/16/2002
Minor nitpick with your story. If Nabiki left when she was seven to go on a ten year training trip she should get back just in time for the Saotomes to complete their training trip. She was seventeen in cannon when Ranma arrived. Having her show up at the end of the series would make her closer to eighteen, assuming that the Ranma 1/2 series takes only a year.

Also, when Nabiki shows up, don't make her more powerful than Ranma, especially if you are putting it at the end of the manga. She may be more than a match for Ryoga, but Ranma has been training for just as long as Nabiki has, if not longer, has had very good martial artists as his sensei (Genma may not be worth much in anything else, but he is an excellent martial artist, and Cologne has taught Ranma a few tricks that Nabiki shouldn't have any knowledge of). Nabiki on the other hand has only had herself to rely upon. Even if she had Ranma's learning curve toward the martial arts, she wouldn't have had the opportunity to get as good as Ranma has, and it is unlikely she would have subjected herself to some of Genma's more insane training methods. She might be able to tie Ryoga into knots, and she might give Ranma a serious run for the money, but she'd have to get extremely lucky to actually pull out a victory against him.

Personally I always hate stories where someone shows up after the end of the series, or someone in the series 'gets tired of playing' and somehow inexplicably manages to have an easy time beating the crap out of Ranma, who worked his a$$ off ever since he could walk and pulled himself through things that should have killed him for the sake of the Art. And this story has the potential to go that route.