Reviews for Never Surrender
Robbie chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I loved "the last night" and "never surrender". It just feels so ...real. And it's an important topic.
It's also great to read stories from someone so near my own opinions (not worrying about slash etc.)
Also, I wanted to tell you that I like your writing very much. It has just the right amount of detail and the feelings and actions are understandable even if one never thought of them that way before.
CelestialSonata7 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
This is so good and matched the song so well! I love this!
hope for eternity chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This was amazing too :D
Fish Stick Friday chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Before you chew me out in a PM, I'm reviewing, so relax. :)

You and I are both so horrble to Logan in our stories. On the offchance that Logan would happen upon our stories, he would probably think we hate him based on the things we put him through in our stories. Lol.

I like how it's such a big deal that Kendall was crying. It makes sense too. He's the unofficial leader of the group, and the leader is supposed to be the rock, the strong one emotionally.

I've always loved how you're not afraid to have Logan be emotional in your stories either. It makes sense as well given how we both write Logan and Carlos as the two youngest of the group. Maybe it's because I'm an emotional guy myself, but I find it refreshing when writers aren't afraid to have male characters be emotional.

The bit about Logan's B in world history reminds me of my Report Card Blemish story. Though that wasn't quite as tragic as these circumstances are...

As bad as it sounds, I'm glad Logan's in denial. Again, it's another thing the boys have in common in our stories. Even though something might be wrong, they insist that they are fine.

Haha, whenever I hear one of the boys promise another of them something, I cringe.

You know what Big Time Strike made me think of? If Mrs. Knight really stayed on strike, who would be the mom of the group? I personally think it should be the most responsible one. That would definitely be Logan. Granted, this has nothing to do with this story. Frankly, I don't even know why I brought it up.

I like how Carlos nodded his head when he was talking to his dad on the phone. Then he quickly realized that his father couldn't see him nod. That was cute!

Hearing them call Logan "Logie" and "buddy" just reaffirms what I've always believed. Logan is the heart of the group.

That was so sad how Logan tensed up thinking that his parents were enteringte bedroom when in reality, it was only James' and Carlos' parents.

You know what I couldn't help but notice? In Big Time Strike when Mrs. Knight was talking to Gustavo about all of them being a family, one of the shots showed Katie, Kendall, ad Logan. As we all know, in a bunch of your stories, the two of them are brothers because the Knights adopted Logan. So yeah, it made me think of that.

I hate how Logan still has an urge to cut himself. Of course, I'm one to talk. Logan was suicidal in my story, "Til I Forget About You."

The heart on the wall bit was particularly powerful.

Okay, now this was starting to strike a little too close to home. It just brings up a lot of how I feel towards my biological father, but I'm sure I've told you all about that, so you know what I mean.

The part where Logan stopped to take one last look at the home he was raised in reminded me of when I moved out of the home I was raised in for nearly 12 years.

You have no idea how relieved I was when Logan didn't go through with cutting himself.

I love how the relationship Katie and Logan has in your stories balances out with the lack of relationship between Katie and Logan in the show. Seriously, I think the closest thing they've had to having scenes together is Katie snapping Logan out of his stupor after Camille left him paralyzed in Big Time Rocker.

Aw, the ending was so sweet!

It always amazes me how you can write such long one-shots. I can't write one-shots that long, and even if I could, they wouldn't be at the level of quality that your stories are. Seriously, most of my chapters/one-shots usually end up being in the 2,000-3,000 word mark.

Very nicely done, Laura. This is going on my favorite stories list just like every other story of yours I have read. :)
Anomynous chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
This story makes me feel like everybody in this world has people caring for them, not matter who they are.

Many People think that because people cut and almost commit suicide, they re freaks. I cut sometimes because my parents put pressure on me but I told my sister and my parents treat me so much nicer now. I would just like to thank you for writing this beautiful story that sends a message to people everywhere that they are loved. I have read every single one of your stories because all of them have a strong message about love, hope, and friendship that brings tears to my eyes. Thank you.
EnochianPizzaGirl chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Yay! A happy ending! I read the first part to this too, they're both really good, sad, but good, I loved the ending xx
Anguish of My Love chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
You mad This makes me ridiculously happier than I thought it would've. Just...wow. You made a sequel. I can't believe I'm this happy about he fact.

MY EMOTIONS. WHAT ARE THEY DOING RIGHT NOW. THEY ARE AT THE POINT OF GIBBERISHNESS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Logan. My Logiebear. My log. My sweetheart. My baby. Just...let me hold you. This is so UNFAIR. Why do these things happen to people? They didn't do anything wrong. Let ke hold you and hold Kendall and Carlos and James and Katie and Mama Knight and. Just. Everyone. You were all so amazing. I was so sad and so wmotional reading about everyone. It was all so much.

I just keep loving your works. The way you write them, Laura, and the things you include. It was so painful reading this because you can imagine the pain they went through. You showee that it wasn't easy at all getting better. You showed the vulnerability and the pain that Logan went through, they all went through. It made it so much more real. You showed us just how much it really hurt trying to get better. I love the hope you give me, you give us and I love how you have a common theme for your stories.

No matter how much it's gonna hurt and no matter how long it keeps on hurting, someone will always love you unconditionally. That's...really something, Laura.

I love your works. I love your writing. I hope you continue writing for a long time. You give us so much hope.
WyszLo chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Ajdkfkladhfadhf I LOVE YOU. Thank you so so so so much for the best birthday present, ever :) I loved it! Thank you soulmate, I love you.

I honestly don't even know where to begin. I loved every little bit of this. I'm a little overwhelmed... Laura, I don't even know if I can copy and paste. I think I'd just end up transferring the whole story into this little box...

I guess I'll start with stating the obvious- I live for Logan/Knight fusion-family. I love it. It's my favorite thing ever (tied with RyRy)... and this story was just all about L/Kf-f. By definition, I am in love with everything about this story. The ending, Laura... adjfiopadjfpij THE ENDING! Oh my gosh, I loved how Katie stood up to move closer to him right before the big announcement. That was precious. And then Logan told Mama Knight how he always wanted her to be his mom- Laura, my heart is about to burst from love and happiness and double rainbows. I LOVED Mama Knight's reaction, too. Oh, and THEN Kendall stood up and put his hands on Logan's shoulders so that he was standing guard over him as his protector. PROTECTIVE BIG BROTHER KENDALL! FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE. I freaked out at that part haha. I am so, so happy that the Knights adopt Logan. Of course I knew it was coming, but still. It makes me physically sick to think that Logan's own parents didn't even fight for him... I don't have words for how disgusting and vile that is, to abandon your child because YOU destroyed him... but the Knights are Logan's saving grace. They'll heal him, eventually. I'm almost glad Logan's parents didn't fight for him because it meant that he ended up with the Knights even quicker. It's a beautiful solution to such a tragic situation. A family is just what Logan always NEEDED.

Oh my gosh... I'm missing so many things... it's three am and I don't know what to do. Oh, in the very beginning when Mama Knight was comforting Logan and called him "baby." My heart melted into goo, Laura. I loved that.

I also loved Carlos' phone conversation with Papa. I know it was barely a conversation, but still, I could just sense like a silent understanding that was happening between the two of them... maybe it was my imagination, but I felt it.

Oh, and then all of the parents hugged Logan when they came in! -heart- Laura, that was really beautiful.

But wait, don't think I forgot for a second about these two moments (oh look, copy and paste):

1. "He had woken out of a sound sleep for no reason except for the sudden, overwhelming urge to check on Logan." Kendall is a superhero, I'm convinced. Literally nothing you can say will make me think otherwise. He is a superhero and his power is being the best big brother in the world.

Which leads me to... 2. "Anytime, bro." Logan looked at him, confused and curious. "Bro?" he repeated softly. "Yeah," in the darkness, Kendall blushed a little but pushed on. "You've always been my little brother, Logie." "I'm only a few months younger than you," Logan added, turning as red as Kendall. Kendall smirked a little. "Yeah, but you're smaller than me. That makes you my little brother. Same with Carlos. James is just my younger brother since he's always been taller than me." In spite of the fear that continued to lurk, Logan laughed a little. "I wish we were really brothers." he admitted softly when he sobered up. "I wish I was part of your family instead of mine." Tears crowded Kendall's eyes. It was always hard to see Logan so vulnerable. "Me too, Logie." he said, meaning every single word. "That would be the best." I don't even know where to start. You know why I'm head over heels in love with this. Let's just start out right away with a FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE. Leave it to Kendall to pull out the "bro" :) I think I died a little bit when he said "You've always been my little brother, Logie." The preciousness of it just welled up and overwhelmed me. I love every bit of that sentence- "little brother," "Logie," it was all fantastic. I also loved how you're continuing Kendall's explanation of "you're smaller than me." Best running joke EVER. I mean it. I'm in love with it. LOVE. It makes me so happy. I literally just fill up with joy any time it happens haha. Oh my gosh and then it got all serious and I just want to cry. I don't know quite what it is, but Kendall's response was PERFECT. "That would be the best." I can't think of a better line for him to say. I really can't describe why I latched on to that so hard, but Laura, I'm a little obsessed with it. It was marvelous.

I loved how Logan didn't just magically get better because he moved out of his parents' house. It made it so much more REAL and tragic and raw. It really made this story magnificent. I'm just glad Logan let Kendall save him.

I still feel like I'm missing so much... the entire story was perfect, Laura. I loved it all. Thank you again for my birthday present :)

I love you!

Lauren
Sastiel chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Aww! That's it? Man. This was so good! Thanks for sharing this hon! Seriously! This is amazing.
PartyInTheBackBuisnessUpFront chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Amg! that was so sad :( Logans parents are such dicks, blah cutting man its sad, im glad Logan had his friends behind him and all their parents. awesome story! :D
Mssr.Courtney chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
this is defiantly the best thing i have ever read seriously i cried so much and at the end i was just bouncing around becouse i felt so happy for Logan like oh gosh it was amazing seriously just the definition of perfect.

abby
squoctobird chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
This was a great follow up to THE LAST NIGHT.
fall into your sunlight chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Laura... oh my god Laura. You always manage to blow me away with your writing talent. Like, just wow. You are a-freaking-mazing and this is just beautiful like everything else you have written. I love you :) and you rock :)
happygirl57 chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
That was so sad an it made me cry. I can't believe that someone cab be so cruel to someone especially like Logan. He's so sweet as are his friends and I'm glad that he has them by his side.