Reviews for Tied for Last Original Ending
HonestMistaek chapter 1 . 9/13
Omg the other ending broke me but this one fixed me right up. I'm a sap for a happy ending. I can't help but think the other one was too harsh but i wonder if the symbolism towards the end of him going back to the light meant he was redeemed or coming back to life? Ahhh my brain probably just couldn't handle the other ending lol i do really like the symbolism of Hermione as an angel greeting tom to the life he deserved for redeeming himself. Omg this story was epic. The beginning was a little slow but the tension between them electrified things right away and I was sucked in.
I really liked how you depicted the struggle they each had and it blew my mind when he finally felt remorse and the action suddenly picked up. Love this story! So original. I do feel bad they were so lonely in the end bc they were alienated but had each other though. Ahhh great story. Thank you for sharing this with us!
SomeoneStoleMyOreo chapter 1 . 8/4
As much as I love this ending, I feel like the other one definitely fitted the story betterbecause life isn't perfect and I loved that Tom gave his life so he could save the world whom his older self had destroyed.
I love this ending so much! They really did deserve a life together in peace.
DutchScorRosefan chapter 1 . 7/5
I would've thought Tom got Hermione pregnant and living on in memory and off spring, but hey this was good as well.
itssomya1994 chapter 1 . 6/17
The other ending totally broke my one mended it just fine.i guess m a sucker for happily ever afters
sam chapter 1 . 5/6
I prefer this ending to the other one! thank you ! it was the best Tomione fic I have read.
Rgbeeiii chapter 1 . 3/15
I like this ending better. Love, love, love Tom & Hermione! Great book! One of the best Tomione fics I came across!
Oh god yes this is totally the ending I needed haha the other one was just so heartbreaking and left me with so many questions. Thank you for still having this one up.
India chapter 1 . 2/22
I enjoyed this ending more! I was worried you would put Tom in one df the 9 levels of hell.

You are a wonderful writer and I believe even with your super long not at the start of the story that you wrote a believable Tom Riddle and Hermione relationship.
this ending is perfect for my little poor fragile soul, but the other, real, ending is really just pure art. and very appropriate for the story.
can't choose which one i love more; the one that makes me happy and giddy, or the one that makes me feel.
Jess6800 chapter 1 . 1/1
Great ending! I can see it ending both ways, but this is my favorite.
hurricanebridgette chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
I find this ending more fitting for Hermione. But what you published? More fitting for Tom. Kind of unspoken moving on to the light for learning how to feel and love but not granting him a second chance on earth. So great endings for sure. I am torn between wanting them both.

You're take on purgatory and the souls, remorse and learning? Just well done for sure. Thanks for sharing it.

#HAFHPotterhead #HAFHBeauxbatons
VioletFever chapter 1 . 11/22/2016
I've read both endings, and my personal opinion is that the one attached to the story was too angsty and abrupt. One moment I was just reading the story.. and then it was over? I reread the last chapter a number of times in an attempt to fully comprehend it and it still feels a bit too sudden, melodramatic, nonsensical and contrived for my taste.

As for this one, it was obviously more of a "happy ending" type, that much is clear. As for how I feel about it: well, I find that when an author has written two alternate endings to a story they tend to be polar opposites, and this was the case with yours as well. While the original ending was unreasonably jubilant and lovey-dovey, the ending that you eventually settled on was absurdly dark and disturbing, with a limited sense of resolution. Both left a strong impression on me, but an intermediate would have been nice.

That's just my opinion anyways, take it how you will. I probably wouldn't even be thinking about it in this much depth if it weren't for the published original ending - which just leaves behind a bittersweet hint of what could have been for the Tomione of Tied For Last. Yes, I know it's all inside my head.. but what's to say that it's not real?

Truly yours,
Violet Fever.
SaiyaCat chapter 1 . 11/8/2016
Epic I loved this ending Better.
17child-of-the-moon17 chapter 1 . 8/9/2016
I can't even begin to properly express how happy and grateful I am that you chose to post this version of the ending. About 15 minutes ago I finished the other version and panicked briefly until I read your postscript.

In short (and tmi), Aunt Flo is visiting and I was about to experience a very long, very sad afternoon of curling up in a ball and crying over the ending to a fanfiction. You saved me from enduring all these feels and the accompanying odd looks and "are you alright" comments from my husband.

Your work is fantastic. Thank you for writing.