Reviews for Tied for Last Original Ending
Rgbeeiii chapter 1 . 3/15
I like this ending better. Love, love, love Tom & Hermione! Great book! One of the best Tomione fics I came across!
Oh god yes this is totally the ending I needed haha the other one was just so heartbreaking and left me with so many questions. Thank you for still having this one up.
India chapter 1 . 2/22
I enjoyed this ending more! I was worried you would put Tom in one df the 9 levels of hell.

You are a wonderful writer and I believe even with your super long not at the start of the story that you wrote a believable Tom Riddle and Hermione relationship.
this ending is perfect for my little poor fragile soul, but the other, real, ending is really just pure art. and very appropriate for the story.
can't choose which one i love more; the one that makes me happy and giddy, or the one that makes me feel.
Jess6800 chapter 1 . 1/1
Great ending! I can see it ending both ways, but this is my favorite.
hurricanebridgette chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
I find this ending more fitting for Hermione. But what you published? More fitting for Tom. Kind of unspoken moving on to the light for learning how to feel and love but not granting him a second chance on earth. So great endings for sure. I am torn between wanting them both.

You're take on purgatory and the souls, remorse and learning? Just well done for sure. Thanks for sharing it.

#HAFHPotterhead #HAFHBeauxbatons
VioletFever chapter 1 . 11/22/2016
I've read both endings, and my personal opinion is that the one attached to the story was too angsty and abrupt. One moment I was just reading the story.. and then it was over? I reread the last chapter a number of times in an attempt to fully comprehend it and it still feels a bit too sudden, melodramatic, nonsensical and contrived for my taste.

As for this one, it was obviously more of a "happy ending" type, that much is clear. As for how I feel about it: well, I find that when an author has written two alternate endings to a story they tend to be polar opposites, and this was the case with yours as well. While the original ending was unreasonably jubilant and lovey-dovey, the ending that you eventually settled on was absurdly dark and disturbing, with a limited sense of resolution. Both left a strong impression on me, but an intermediate would have been nice.

That's just my opinion anyways, take it how you will. I probably wouldn't even be thinking about it in this much depth if it weren't for the published original ending - which just leaves behind a bittersweet hint of what could have been for the Tomione of Tied For Last. Yes, I know it's all inside my head.. but what's to say that it's not real?

Truly yours,
Violet Fever.
SaiyaCat chapter 1 . 11/8/2016
Epic I loved this ending Better.
17child-of-the-moon17 chapter 1 . 8/9/2016
I can't even begin to properly express how happy and grateful I am that you chose to post this version of the ending. About 15 minutes ago I finished the other version and panicked briefly until I read your postscript.

In short (and tmi), Aunt Flo is visiting and I was about to experience a very long, very sad afternoon of curling up in a ball and crying over the ending to a fanfiction. You saved me from enduring all these feels and the accompanying odd looks and "are you alright" comments from my husband.

Your work is fantastic. Thank you for writing.
garnet86 chapter 1 . 7/31/2016
I just read the whole story in two days and I was completely hooked after the first chapter! I cannot believe you came up with something like that when you were still so young but the portrayal of the characters and the whole plot was amazing! As this ending is a bit more optimistic, I enjoyed reading this as well ;) I wish you the best of luck with being a writer and hope you're going to write more fanfiction as well! Thanks for putting so much time and effort into writing and finishing this!
oslca35 chapter 1 . 5/9/2016
Even if this is an older story, this ending makes more sense. .. the words he used should've made a horcurx...so this ending is the best for this story. ..this story has me in tears several times...thank you and I can't wait to read more...
Lena Lennox chapter 1 . 1/31/2016
This ending is better. Why did you decide to change it?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
so i just finished tied for last, was obviously seriously conflicted over the ending (it was so horrible and painful and i had literal tears leaking out of my eyes, but also it was so perfect and beautiful and pERFECT PERFECT PERFECT YOURE AMAZING ILY) but then i saw that you had an alternate ending posted, which i assumed was the more happily ever after one. and i wasn't disappointed! i loved both endings-although admittedly this one is a bit too happy to be a proper ending. still, i loved it. I think this is a fic im definitely going to reread once or twice (or thrice, or more) because it was nust so flawless. i love your writing, i love your style, and now im going to frantically read every other fic youve written and hyperventilate alone in my room.
lofty101 chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
...and would continue to stay that way forevermore.
Laburnum.V chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
Yep, defiantly liked this ending better or not...
Well at least it didn't make me bawl my eyes out while reading this.