Reviews for Tied for Last Original Ending
amr56 chapter 1 . 6/30
This ending is nice, but I think I like the other better. I don't understand why Tom would have created an accidental horcrux just because he killed someone. If that happened, why wouldn't Voldemort have created another one when e killed Harry? Or anyone else? But this was well-written and mostly lighthearted, and I enjoyed reading it a lot. Thanks for sharing!
Lorna Potter chapter 1 . 6/23
I like this ending a lot beer hahaha haha ha...ha. I bawled reading the other ending but I cried even harder reading this one. Definitely one of my all time favourite fanfictions. Well done.
FlyingSilverDreams chapter 1 . 6/6
Speechwriter,

I am writing this review to emphasize that the "Note of Weight" placed at the very top of Chapter One had been slightly exaggerated, if not completely out of place for this fanfic.

Truthfully, reading TfL has been an adventure in itself. The way you wrote about the characters were, for a lack of a better word, understandable. I was almost appalled when I reflected upon your words: TfL "not only portrays an abusive relationship; it glorifies it." For me, and very likely, MOST of your readers, that had not been the case.

The way you portrayed Tom Marvolo Riddle and Hermione Jean Granger's relationship was exhilarating and seemed every-bit-of-realistic within the boundaries of J.K. Rowling's imagination. Pertaining to the events of Tom betraying Hermione to view the contents of her death was cruel, yes, but to the character, Tom Riddle, it was justifiable simply because he is TOM RIDDLE. In fact, if you had not "arranged" Tom's memories to be shown to Hermione (which FURTHER justified the "cruelty"), his actions would still, in essence, be reasonable. Of course, psychological abuse still IS abuse, but in this particular fanfic, your choice of words were more than enough to sympathize on what he did.

The reason why I had carelessly threw around the word, "exaggeration," was because the "Note of Weight" in the beginning had required me to prepare for the "expected" traumatizing, physically- and mentally-damaging abuses to happen to the characters. In other words, going in, I was fully prepared to quickly skim through to the end. However, when I finally reached the point of Tom and Hermione's reconciliation(s), my sigh of relief was much louder than the anticipated feelings of joy (which was also felt, of course).

But, of course, I could very well be that ONE reader who payed an unneeded amount of attention to well-meaning precautions and if that was the case, I apologize for bringing such an alarm to the "Note of Worth."

Moving on to an even more opinionated topic, the "Original Ending" was MUCH better, ROMANCE-wise, than the ending you finally chose to substitute into the actual fanfic, and in terms of angst, it was undoubtedly bittersweet. In more ways than one, I absolutely adored the way you had left the readers the closure you had forgone with Hermione's "epilogue" on the "Original Ending" than in the "Final Ending," yet still, both were amazing in their own ways.

To conclude this much-too-lengthy ramble, I would just like to formally thank you for posting this fanfic and KEEPING IT POSTED, since while the journey had been an emotion one, it was worthwhile. So thank you, Speechwriter, for your writing, and I highly anticipate your return from the haitus (if possible).

- FSD
Vernoodle chapter 1 . 5/26
Oh, much better ending ;)
LadyBadass chapter 1 . 5/13
So... Why did you never bother telling me about this?
Once again *Insert Dandy gif*

Seriously.
Like, at first I was just like "no bitch". I guess I have just adjusted to the thought of Tom dying in this story, and I felt like it completed it so well. So at first I was utterly skeptical when reading this. However in this story I felt like Hermione wasn't completely isolated from the rest of the world.
No matter how much I love the first ending I read, the one you have added to the the original Tied for Last, I can't help myself but wish that Hermione experienced some of the justice she got in this original version.
I understand really well why none of the Weasleys would want to speak to her, and I also know that you stated that they eventually warmed up to her, I just wish it was clearer.
I always look back at this story and I get goosebumps. I wish I didn't also have that chill running down my spine by the thought of the ending. It made an incredible impact and I find it difficult to not feel emotional about it to this day.
I don't know, you're just amazing at writing. I have my english exam in a couple of days, and I am just sitting here, staring at the screen of my laptop and thinking "Why can't I write this well?!". I do hope that you are taking advantage of that ability to this day, cause I believe I wouldn't be the only one that would enjoy an original story written by you. :)
sher-loki-lock chapter 1 . 4/2
YAY! This is the better ending. I don't know why but I'm a sucker for happy endings. And this is perfect. Couldn't ask for anything better. x
ChaosSeiroFreedomfromrulesnin chapter 1 . 3/23
i like this ending better
Do you understand how emotionally invested one becomes to a story when they've stayed up to 3:30 am just to get to the ending? I'm sort of numb now. Your original ending and the one you used are beautiful (like the rest of the story) but good god I'm exhausted and torn apart inside. Good job good job.
Gryffindorian2014 chapter 1 . 3/14
My life has found a new meaning and I'm finally out of the depressive phase I was sent into reading the fic's other ending.
Aly chapter 1 . 2/23
I think this ending is better. Or well, I like it more. Not necessarily because it's a "happy ending", but because it's very clever. I find the Hermione-horcrux thing plausible.

Good job, amazing story
CorbeauAnge chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
As perfect and fitting as the other ending is...the little girl romantic inside of me just wanted this ending so, so badly. This made me so happy.
legendofpanties chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
LOVE THIS STORY!
It was so well written, never saw a mistake, not once. And i way prefer this ending!
sakuras.horcrux chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
I MUCH prefer this ending.
Never a Writer chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Thank YOU for posting this ending! It helped end the torrent of tears from the other ending. I'm just going to pretend that other ending didn't exist.

I love the peek into their life together after the death of V. I love that they're happy and remember to show each other how much they love and appreciate one another. It's beautiful.

I can't wait to read your other fics once they're completed (you've been favorited and followed) and I can't wait to read your published books. Don't forget to add me to your mailing list for when that book comes out!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
Thank god you kept this version. The other ending just about killed me. I definitely like this ending better.