Reviews for Lady of Annuvin
Joanie P chapter 1 . 4/15
Well. This will stay with me a while.

A well-considered, in-depth (in a few words) backstory for one we love to hate. I've always wondered what prompted Gwydion to urge Achren to "seek life," as if he saw something good beneath that thoroughly evil exterior. Guess Gwydion's more perceptive than I am.

I like how you deepened the original relationship between Achren and Arawn. I'd always assumed she hated him just because he'd stolen her kingdom...but yeah, if he'd been her lover (not to mention the father of her child), then her hatred would be far greater, wouldn't it?

The TRUE lord of Annuvin is slain. Love it. Well done.
MaraMania chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
So sad! This was beautiful!
nsummerf chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
this is great i always like the subtext of how even though Achren was just using her there was a side that loved Eilonwy like her own daughter. It makes her more a more complex and interesting villain
Eilonwyy chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I loved this story! I've often wondered about more of Achren's backstory; thank you for humanizing her a bit.

I just discovered this site and found out there were other people who love Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain as much as I do. I'm so excited to read more stories!
a fan chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
This is awesome. Achren is one of my favorite characters and I have spent way too much time speculating on the few details of her backstory we get. I am so glad you wrote this wonderful fic. I especially love the detail of her weakness due to loss of a child, the repeated theme of betrayals and her reclaiming her position of Lord of Annuvin in death.
fires have fly-ed chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I really love how, in this fic, you toucedh on how Achren loves Eilonwy. I've always understood Achren's character development and some of her reasoning, but at the same time, with all the stress and trust issues that most likely came with being kidnapped twice, it's always perplexed me as to how Eilonwy could ever really forgive Achren. Okay, enough run-on sentences. Good job!