Reviews for The Angel That Once Was
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
You are good at introspection. :) Nice job!
Wynefred chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
What an interesting walk through Castiel's fateful journey. I loved how you wove the concept of family throughout, showing how the concept changed for our poor angel.
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
An interesting picture of Castiel. I think you've done a great job showing the change in Castiel from the beginning to the end of Season 6. I like some of your lines:

"They refused to believe them, and for that Sam needed to break, Dean was to be forced to understand."

"He never betrayed anyone. Not until he was the one being betrayed, and still, he was doing it for the better."

"The Winchester pulls the family card on him, but he barely has time to register that. Family doesn't matter anymore, he's won, and now it's time to move on."

It would be even better to see this not as Castiel's thought processes, but set as scenes where you can see this change happening. Obviously, we saw that on the show, but to see more of Castiel's interaction with other angels, of the change in his personality and his priorities, throughout seasons 4, 5 and 6. Sort of a between the panels picture.

"Between the panels" is a concept of the action that happens in between the panels of a comic book (or in between the scenes of a show) - the stuff we don't see but we understand happened from context. If you're watching a play and you see a character take the car keys and walk off stage, and then seconds later, there's a horrible screech and someone shouts, "Oh My God!", you understand there's been a terrible car crash. You didn't see the car crash, but you know it happened. That's what I mean by the stuff that happens between the panels.

All in all, a well written short story that I enjoyed. Encore!
celeste301 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I hope they make Cas good again in season 7 cuz if they wind up killing him I'm gonna be soooo mad, loved the story, it was all bittersweet and heart-wrenching
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I love how the tone changed as you moved further along. The shift, intentional or not, signified the growth of confidence. Excellent job taking us through the twists and turns that culminated in a powerful and chilling ending.

Well done.
stephaniew chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Oh wow! Heart wrenching stuff here... I think you captured Castiel really well here...everything just seems so simple. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, the saying goes, and I think we see some pretty good evidence of that with Cas. He's got it all wrong, but he has no idea. Loved this look into his thoughts! Please keep writing!