Reviews for Gaining Trust
Lezg33k chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I just got into Warehouse 13 and this is the first fic I decided to read from the fandom. It was absolutely breathtaking. Thank you for writing it.
LethalPoison chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Loved reading this :)

I hope you write more beautiful stories like this
Gordon Dunham chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Wonderful story I like it so much I'm doing some fan art.
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
A little quick in the non trust to the sex but I'm not complaining
Dr Fireball chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
First, let me just say that I think the premise of the story is a good one. There are few things better than a well-written take of redemption. And, for the large part, this story is, indeed, well-written.

That being said, I do think that this tale moved a bit too quickly. You went straight from "I'm sorry, how can I get you to trust me again?" to "I forgive you, let's have sex." (That is meant to be an exaggeration of the events.) From what I've seen and experienced, true forgiveness isn't something that takes place in the matter of a single talk, a single day. It can take weeks, months, and even years. Sometimes it can never happen, though that might make for a difficult tale (one not easy to write or end satisfactorily.) I don't expect you, as the author, to write a story with a timeline expressed in years.

However, I do think you could have done more with the redemption part of the tale. Draw it out over some time. Think about what more Leena could have done, or said, to regain Claudia's trust. Explore more, in-depth, the reasons behind Claudia's feelings of betrayal. (I mean outside the obvious one of Leena taking Claudia's shape and, summarily, casting suspicion on her.) What sort of deep-seated issues would one, or both, have that need to be overcome? In the course of overcoming these issues, explore what drew (and is still drawing) them together.

There is such potential in this story. Time scales are mutable and what are you, as the author, make of them. As long as things are mostly linear in nature, I don't see why it can't take place over days or weeks. (The only non-linear story I've read and truly loved was Sound and The Fury, by William Faulkner.)

I suppose if what you truly sought was an excuse for a sex scene, then mission accomplished. The transition was smooth enough, if somewhat abrupt (from what I was expected/hoping to find). I'm not saying avoid the smut entirely, but perhaps give it more time and context? And consider the realities of certain explanations? Most soundproofing is designed to keep noise OUT, not necessarily keep it IN, though I'm not ruling it out as a possibility. (Just trying to look at it from a realistic perspective.)

Anyway, it's a bit of a rambling review, I admit. All-in-all, I did think it was a good story, especially the beginning. I did think the ending could have used work, though I understand how difficult satisfying endings can be. Overall, I'd rate the story a 7.5/10.

TL;DR Keep realism in mind, give redemption time if that is the tale you're writing, feel free to explore your characters, and don't just jump into sex scenes.
Medlie Skyth chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Love the story! You're a really good writer :)
Fishing Gurl chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Wow I have been waiting for a ff like this since Claud joined the show, you should write more with this pairing!