Reviews for Fairy Tales of Alisa III
BenoitRen chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I thought Gwyn at the beginning sounded cute. :)

As for the fairy tale, it was weird. I liked it, but it still sounded weird to me because suddenly the soldier is in an enchanted land after wading through plants. It's probably symbolic, but I'm the type that prefers explicitism.
Dreamer chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Okay, I thought this was a cute short-story. Laya's interactions with Gwyn were very fitting, and I liked how, while it was subtle, there was a certain protectiveness shown for her little one.

The fairytale itself was very symbolic, and one could gather many meanings that were hinted throughout. Though, I do wonder what Laya was thinking about as she told this story and what it meant to her.
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
An interesting story. I enjoyed the framing sequence with Laya's maternal moments (it's appropriate, of course, because she's the only one we see of the six mothers actually acting "maternal," if stereotypically so, in her comments to her child at the beginning of each quest, which suggests something about the attitude she takes towards home and family). The fairy tale itself was interesting, and I'm kind of intrigued by the message or "moral": the princess found herself torn between love and duty, the people of her kingdom were selfish and possessive, which in turn drove her to abandon them, which led them to become bitter and warlike. So given that it's being told to two princesses, is it an exhortation to obey duty over love? Or a caution that if one's people turn on one, it's all right to turn on them and live for yourself? Or just a lesson that people are what they are and there are often no perfectly right or wrong answers? And is it supposed to be a metaphor for something we know from PS history, or merely a story? Questions abound, but it made for an interesting read!