Reviews for TCOT Felonious Financier
murphycat chapter 12 . 3/19/2013
I like this adult, no bs version, of the couple. It's not too flowery but mature and really well written. Good plot line; kept me interested.
murphycat chapter 10 . 3/19/2013
Oh, another great chapter. Wow. How did I miss this story?
murphycat chapter 7 . 3/19/2013
I like your peppy Della and I admire the way you've done this entire story so far. I mean I really like it. I have read other writer's but I think your style is less circular and fairly clean and direct.
murphycat chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
Good chapter.
murphycat chapter 5 . 3/19/2013
Good chapter. What's the previous story? I gotta read the "Mexico" part. :)
StartWriting chapter 12 . 10/2/2012
I read it again. Loved the whole story, really. But the 'cocoa-bit' in this chapter was brilliant, really brilliant. Thanks for sharing!
Queen of Spiritual chapter 12 . 8/31/2011
Once again great story. I sure didn't like Susan Cooper in the end.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 11 . 8/31/2011
Glad to see Paul was the one to wake up Mason and the trick did it. Usually does.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 10 . 8/31/2011
I'm sure Mason heard what Della was saying even if he wasn't awake from surgery as yet. She might not know it but it's my guess he could hear her tell the nurse she loved him.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 9 . 8/31/2011
The ending of this chapter was scary. Hope Mason will be okay. Hope it isn't a heart attack!
Queen of Spiritual chapter 8 . 8/30/2011
I know I didn't get to review this story when it was completed, so I get to review this chapter now. Another good one as usual. I've always liked these characters since I was introduced to the series through my mother. I first started reading the books but tried watching the TV series but I could never get into the TV show. I keep trying but I still couldn't even if the characters are from the imagination of Gardner himself.

I think I'm better off reading the books and fanfiction stories of Mason and Street. At least I had that idea of my own for Mason a while back and have it reposted so that one might be the only Mason story I might do.

Hope to see more Mason stories like this one from you in near future! :) I would have to agree with kwm on this chapter and some other reviewers, esp. kwm. Keep up the great stories!
tengland2 chapter 12 . 8/23/2011
Tragg trying to keep Paul in line. The nerve of Susan Cooper calling Della "trashy" Loved the fact the both Cooper's got what they so richly deserved, as apparently have Della and Perry. Perhaps another chapter in the works?
tengland2 chapter 11 . 8/23/2011
Loved the interaction between Della and Paul and eventually with Tragg. Glad to sse Perry has come out of it.
razraz chapter 12 . 8/23/2011
Whoops - the security on this won't let me review against the chapter - so here they are going on one.

Chapter 9

"Now this is entirely preliminary and I hesitate to make any sort of report without ..." poor Jackson, he wants so much to be 100% on his facts, this made me laugh, its sort of a precise ramble and I imagine he is sweating ever so slightly at the pressure PM puts him under. "The man was altogether too reliant on the intangibles. Jackson believed in research-cold hard research to verify that his choices could stand the greater scutiny of the courts. Mason believed in charting new courses and creating precedents, rather than living by them." - these are fabulous descriptions - telling so much about both men at the same time. You are masterfully subtle.

Paul drumming his fingers on the steering wheel nervously - great image. And angry Perry - that was just controlled Perry stirring up trouble - nice Paul/Perry interaction. ( I know nice is an insipid word but I'm tired and running out of adjectives). And the last two scenes - great tension, sensational tension .

CHapter 10

Della is such a cool cat - the short interspersed scenes are great and work really well - great pace and sustaining the tension of the previous chapter.

The medic shaking his head almost imperceptibly - now I was already tense and you throw that in.

The Tragg/Della interaction was soo good - and Della leaping out of the car before it stopped. Your attention to detail is bang on.

Paul and Della moments - awhhh!

Della telling the nurse she loves him - double awhh!

"When she spoke her voice was a ragged whisper."You are a son of a bitch, Perry Mason." This is my favourite scene and line in this chapter

Chapter 11

this chapter's details are great - particularly given how hideous it is waiting for anyone in a hospital room - favourite line "She skipped the front page story."

(Oh and I love Paul).

"You'd be surprised how many women there are out there..." did I already tell you how cool this was - she is totally without jealousy on this, just stating a fact - go della!

Chapter 12

"Gold digging working girl.." great line - I was starting to feel sorry for Mrs Cooper by this point.

"Mason returned her gaze, and shifted his hand on the bed, weaving his fingers into hers, "I know its true. I know it." - okay so this is my favourite P/D moment .

Your stories are soo good - you never loose sight of the plot, the whole mystery drives the story zooming along - way too long between nice tie offs of the different possibilities.

Great story - great characters.

E. Wallace chapter 12 . 8/22/2011
Great wrap up with lots of great bits through out.

Paul and Tragg working together, but Tragg keeping Paul on a short leash.

Fantastic addition of Millicent arriving at the hospital, Tragg's attempt to warn her about what she would be walking in on and him getting to laugh about it all the way down in the elevator.

Excellent revamp on the propriety bit with Perry still frustrated by it but more understanding ("The city ran on gossip..." I love that bit!)

Well done as always!