Reviews for TCOT Felonious Financier
E. Wallace chapter 11 . 8/20/2011
Ah, mu favorite part, Paul telling Perry he'll gladly help Della through her grief then swoop in and marry her... after waiting the fifty or sixty years it will take her to get over Perry.

Paul's a clever man who knows just how to rile his best friend back to fighting form.

Well done!

ew
razraz chapter 11 . 8/19/2011
Paul is the best - great scenes between him and Della.

The quick glance he gives to the door so Della doesn't walk on him talking to Perry - magic.

Paul telling her he was giving up batching - great interaction, all the while cooking an omelette.

The tears he wipes away when she's not looking - nice subtle touch. Della skipping the front page story when she is reading out loud, probably with a slightly lifted eyebrow I imagine.

"You'd be surprised how many women there are out there who believe once they've paid for his services, then they've paid for all of his services." That just sums so much of it up and can see Tragg with a knowing (but supportive) smirk on his face at that comment.

"I'll stay here with Sleeping Beauty." ha ha so Paul.

"Don't go around getting yourself shot, if you don't want me to cry." nicely Della

and this exchange

""How do you feel?"

"Feel like U've been shot in the chest."

"Imagine that."

And Della going into the bathroom to collapse.

Loving your story. Great number of suspicious persons.
kaleen1212 chapter 11 . 8/19/2011
Fantastic! Cannot wait for the next chapter.
Old English D chapter 10 . 8/19/2011
Okay, so I thought it over about Chapter 9, and while I was mortified our hero was abandoned lying prone on the ground, I must admit to totally loving the opening scene with Jackson. He was a throwaway character in the books, but I enjoyed it whenever he made an appearance. So including him took the edge off what ultimately transpired.

On to Chapter 10, which I read with eager Evelyn Wood-like speed. Until the last section, which warranted savoring to fully appreciate Della's love, and anger, and frustration, and fear.
Old English D chapter 9 . 8/19/2011
I'm with Raz. How could you?
Michelle285 chapter 11 . 8/19/2011
Awww, yay! :) This chapter made me so happy! :) I loved that Della thought of Susan Cooper and I thought it was funny that Tragg was doubtful. :) I also loved what Paul said to Perry, about waking up and about stealing Della. It made me laugh and quite frankly, I thought it was rather brilliant. If Perry could hear him at all I feel like he definitely would've tried to wake up! :) I also loved Della and Perry's conversation. Especially when she told him not to get himself shot if he didn't want her to cry and when she told him she never would've forgived him if he died. :) I loved this chapter a lot! :) Please update soon! :)
Michelle285 chapter 10 . 8/17/2011
This chapter made up for the cliffhanger you left us with! :) I actually loved all the tension that was in this chapter even though I'm not a huge fan of angst. I LOVED that Paul thought Cooper did it, but he had an alibi! :) I also loved Tragg. I loved how concerned he was about Della, Paul and Perry! I like him better than Burger in so many ways! Haha! :) I'm glad Della at least got to see Perry and talk to him. I love what she said to him...it made me smile...and the nurses comment about raising his blood pressure really made me laugh! :) Now...I am pleased that this chapter came so very fast...could the next chapter come fast too? After all...Perry has to wake up...and we have to know if he heard Della! :) Update soon please...this was a fantastic chapter! :)
tengland2 chapter 10 . 8/17/2011
Wonderful. thanks for getting this one up so quickly.
likes-it-bubbly chapter 10 . 8/17/2011
Are you happy now? You made me cry! :( And I loved how Paul and Tragg were both so concerned and supported Della. And the nurse was a doll. I want to hug her real tight. And then Della, the poor darling. And Perry of course, too. She loves him. Man, that killed me. I ask again, are you happy? :) :)
razraz chapter 9 . 8/17/2011
I refuse to comment on the grounds you left Perry on the ground bleeding to death. raz
tengland2 chapter 9 . 8/16/2011
Interesting twists. Dont see Della being to happy when she arrives. Looking forward to seeing who did it.
Michelle285 chapter 9 . 8/16/2011
Such a mean cliffhanger! :) I'm interesd to know what Cooper was doing at Della's apartment. Quite a good alibi for him though. Maybe that's why he was there? :) He probably knew Della wouldn't want to talk to him, but...okay...I'm getting ahead of myself here. :) Back to your chapter! I liked it a lot! :) I also liked the Perry/Paul scenes. I really like Paul! :) And about his cliffhanger...I'm really hoping you'll update soon! I want to make sure Perry's okay and I need Della to find out what happened! :) Great chapter! :)
likes-it-bubbly chapter 9 . 8/16/2011
"a lie detector with legs" and Paul's reply to that made me chuckle so hard after I was still busy figuring out what Cooper could want from Della. And then the shock. OMG! And now you leave us dangling in the air like that, dear? Not nice! I demand chapter 10! ;) :)
likes-it-bubbly chapter 8 . 8/16/2011
Milicent James... That woman seriously bugs me. LoL. But amuses me at the same time. I just LOVED Della's attitude and how she let Perry struggle his way out of her grip all by himself. :) And how he ushered Della into his apartment in the first place. Totally cracked me up! And then some loving. Ohhh, that made me happy. Thanks so much, dear! :) :)
razraz chapter 8 . 8/16/2011
Hola

did I mention from the last chapter that I love that"then pinch yourself not me." hee hee.

Chapter 8 - Millicent is positively creepy - I want to know how she knows where Perry lives.

"What did you expect me to do- grab her by the hair and toss her down the stairs? - hee hee

"No. Well, yes, I guess." -so Della

She laughed."I'm not jealous, Perry."

Always enjoy watching Della watching Perry extricate himself from awkward situations and you describe them so well. The whole conversation flowed really well (as always!).

Did I mention I don;t like Millicent? raz